Killer Rabbit

[GAME] Update weapon models for the original RTW guns

When APB launched under RTW, the gun models were very artsy, and only roughly based on their real life counterparts.

Then G1 took over, and all the new weapons were modeled after real guns, which was a huge improvement as they actually looked good.

I've made a quick comparison between some of APB's ugly weapon models, to what they were based on. As you can see, the game models are absolutely disgusting.

The CR5 looks like the deformed brother of the M4A1:

fblsQwB.png

The SR15 is a disproportionate SIG 552:

5AcFGog.png

The CR762 is an ugly SIG 550:

3TDF6lF.png

The OBIR might be an HK93? It's so ugly, who knows.

14UUxzT.png

The OSCAR looks pretty similar to the OBIR, so I guess it's a tacti-cool HK93:

TZSfcRr.png

Any chance you could update the original game's weapons to look more inline with the new ones?

Edited by Killer Rabbit

i just want to say that probably a good old, classic SG551 is a better reference to the joker sr-15

maxresdefault.jpg

(i know its an airsoft gun, but its the best photo i could get in the 1st page of search)

No, pls dont do it, we should not waste time for such little things as there are many other more important things to do at the moment.

They are not meant to be one to one copies of real life counterparts though? Just inspirations.

58 minutes ago, Killer Rabbit said:

Be that as it may, they are still ugly and don't look like functional rifles what so ever.

be that as it may

As soon as they make them look too close to the real deal they might have to license the real weapons.
That's why they are neither exact copies nor named after real weapons.

The CR-5 is a M-16 rifle with a 10 or 15 round mag, btw.

• Like 1

I mean this is a very very minor thing to "update/fix" and might not bother the majority of players to even be put on the radar on possibly updating in the future. I personally don't care what the weapons look like and i mean from my view they look like they would function without a problem...

I agree performance should come first but I do think at some point we should add more definition and detail to the current models once we’ve moved over to UE4. I can wish for more animated weapons and characters but I doubt I’d get it.