Sign in to follow this  
DonBlack

Nerf Perc +PIG

This thread is pointless. LTL is supposed to be powerful in 1v1 scenarios. The only real way to counter it is by staying grouped up. This is especially true with the pig+perc combo. I really think that the pig+perc combo is balanced, but what really needs to be nerfed is the hvr+perc combo, lol.

5 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

This thread is pointless. LTL is supposed to be powerful in 1v1 scenarios. The only real way to counter it is by staying grouped up. This is especially true with the pig+perc combo. I really think that the pig+perc combo is balanced, but what really needs to be nerfed is the hvr+perc combo, lol.

ltl is overwhelming not powerful in 1v1 scenarios tho

On 7/2/2018 at 3:31 PM, SLICKIEM said:

It's powerful in CQC sure but only in 1v1's. As soon as another crim rolls up and you're reloading that PIG with no percs left, or a crim rolls up while you're arresting/already hurt, etc etc. LTL SHOULD be powerful, because it's takeouts can be reversed. Which is a huge nerf to it in and of itself.

it shouldn't be "powerful". You take a higher risk because you get double the score and a whole different way to play. Plus no spread and small AoE.

Enforcer mains whine that crims get a pve way to make money, but enforcers get a way to play the actual game. And it's easy.

If you don't think pig+perc is an issue, gives crims a single barreled sawn off that fires a slug and does 950 damage as a secondary. Yeah, we won't have to arrest, but we also won't get double the points and get to set up a trap for playing a cheap way.

Edited by Unclean
  • Like 1

I rarely see this combo.Tbh i rarely see ltl anymore.When the ntec can beat any weapon at any distance why use ltl?

2 hours ago, Unclean said:

it shouldn't be "powerful". You take a higher risk because you get double the score and a whole different way to play. Plus no spread and small AoE.

Enforcer mains whine that crims get a pve way to make money, but enforcers get a way to play the actual game. And it's easy.

If you don't think pig+perc is an issue, gives crims a single barreled sawn off that fires a slug and does 950 damage as a secondary. Yeah, we won't have to arrest, but we also won't get double the points and get to set up a trap for playing a cheap way.

with a 10 meter range and 2 hour reload? sure why not. also any kills with it get no points and for them to actually "die" it takes an extra 10 seconds in which time if anyone gets close to them they are revived. Oh an you have to go over to them and do a standing still 3 second animation to "kill" them in the first place.

2 hours ago, SelttikS said:

with a 10 meter range and 2 hour reload? sure why not. also any kills with it get no points and for them to actually "die" it takes an extra 10 seconds in which time if anyone gets close to them they are revived. Oh an you have to go over to them and do a standing still 3 second animation to "kill" them in the first place.

This would be a fair equivalent for crims.

PIG is unjustly maligned; it was even nerfed from a 2 shot magazine with high RoF to the single shot mag we have now, and it wasn't broken with a 2 shot magazine either.

LTL was left in the dust by lethal weapons before Reloaded CBT even released, since the TTK was reduced on all lethal weapons, Energizer was rolled into the stock stamina pool, and LTL time to stun was left by itself; G1 had even promised to do a full LTL re-work at some point, but that never happened.

PIG has a 10m hard range limit, and if you're getting dropped by PIG+perc you need to not be getting so close; improvise, adapt, overcome, but don't nerf LTL more than it has been.

Edited by Knite

16 minutes ago, Knite said:

This would be a fair equivalent for crims.

PIG is unjustly maligned; it was even nerfed from a 2 shot magazine with high RoF to the single shot mag we have now, and it wasn't broken with a 2 shot magazine either.

LTL was been left in the dust by lethal weapons before Reloaded CBT even released, since the TTK was reduced on all lethal weapons, Energizer was rolled into the stock stamina pool, and LTL time to stun was left by itself; G1 had even promised to do a full LTL re-work at some point, but that never happened.

PIG has a 10m hard range limit, and if you're getting dropped by PIG+perc you need to not be getting so close; improvise, adapt, overcome, but don't nerf LTL more than it has been.

Wasn't the pig nerfed from 2-shot clip because it was possible to glitch it and double fire? I vaguely remember a bug involving double firing the pig. With the lists of changes to everything 2011 feels so long ago.

@Thread By the way, pig+perc isn't even the fastest stun combo; it's just the easiest to access.

Edited by Hakase

You realise you can do this with a shotgun right?

Lol.

Anyone remember the 0.1 TTK of the old CSG/Snub combo? Or grenade canceling the HVR? Honestly of you get PIG/Perced more than once in a match it's purely your fault. Either they're that much better than you at closing the gap or you're doing something wrong (any great number of things really).

All I see are players who he used LTL explaining why it's not, and people who clearly have not and say it's OP. I think they believe when they're stunned the player is then made invincible to damage until he finishes the arrest.

"Oh yeah then give crims a 1 shot high damage cqc weapon". Lmfao, You clearly have no idea how LTL works if you are asking for a lethal counterpart. Case closed, scrubs are scrubs. Move along, nothing to see here. Don't feed the animals, etc.

Edited by Sidewayz24

1 hour ago, SelttikS said:

why would we get double negatives? Less risk so single points, also we don't have the AoE effect. 

people always get butthurt when anyone brings up crim-only weapons whether they're balanced or not so now I want a PIG equivalent that ignores balance 🙂

9 hours ago, Goldtiger said:

It's not even powerful in 1v1.  Against a similarly skilled player the lethal weapon user should always win.  Lethal has more range, more choices in weapons type, has a much faster TTK than TTS, and actually does hard damage.

LTL is great against lower skilled opponents and that's about it.

2 minutes ago, illgot said:

It's not even powerful in 1v1.  Against a similarly skilled player the lethal weapon user should always win.  Lethal has more range, more choices in weapons type, has a much faster TTK than TTS, and actually does hard damage.

LTL is great against lower skilled opponents and that's about it.

this is the issue.. you can stare at TTK and TTS numbers all day long, but then you play and realize the spread and recoil of most lethals bring your TTK up to match or be higher than TTS with a gun that has zero spread, recoil, and slight AoE for hitboxes...

I'm not a fan of crims getting an LTL equivalent.. I think there needs to be even more differences and such for each faction.. but I'm a firm believer than Crims should have crim-only weapons and enforcers should have a way to make money outside of missions where crims can start a mission with them. Any of that would come long after UE4 though

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MySodium said:

Remove percs entirely, leave the PIG alone. 

percs are fine, you need a low skill weapon for low skill players.  I rather see players with percs than concs any day.  Concs are dangerous, they can actually destroy vehicles with one grenade or do massive damage if they hit the player.  Percs I can easily avoid orabsorb with my flak 🙂 

1 hour ago, illgot said:

percs are fine, you need a low skill weapon for low skill players.  I rather see players with percs than concs any day.  Concs are dangerous, they can actually destroy vehicles with one grenade or do massive damage if they hit the player.  Percs I can easily avoid orabsorb with my flak 🙂 

LOL no. There shouldn't be any emphasis on a gun being easy or hard to use depending on a player's skill, this isn't a MOBA, APB has amazing pvp because how the skill gap varies from player to player. Problem with percs is how cheap they are to finish someone off or remove them from a fight entirely, saying you can easily avoid a perc is highly subjective because scenarios are different every time, anyone who has a brain can easily make a perc unavoidable with minimalistic effort while using grenades with countdown to cook have to be extremely precise, not to mention your opponent has enough time to think while your grenade cooks, that's the beauty of APB, every single second matter, and remember, not all of us are R195 to use Flak Jacket, if they removed rank requirements on character and weapon modifications then sure, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Stop making the game more casual for christ sake... 

Edited by MySodium
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, MySodium said:

LOL no. There shouldn't be any emphasis on a gun being easy or hard to use depending on a player's skill, this isn't a MOBA...Stop making the game more casual for christ sake... 

Yikers, say that to the guy that thought buffing the OCA and ATAC to the lawnmowers they are was okay and balanced.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MySodium said:

LOL no. There shouldn't be any emphasis on a gun being easy or hard to use depending on a player's skill, this isn't a MOBA, APB has amazing pvp because how the skill gap varies from player to player. Problem with percs is how cheap they are to finish someone off or remove them from a fight entirely, saying you can easily avoid a perc is highly subjective because scenarios are different every time, anyone who has a brain can easily make a perc unavoidable with minimalistic effort while using grenades with countdown to cook have to be extremely precise, not to mention your opponent has enough time to think while your grenade cooks, that's the beauty of APB, every single second matters. Stop making the game more casual for christ sake... 

yes. There's nothing wrong with impact grenades existing in a game like APB. Concs kill me more than percs when I get caught in a corner or "behind" cover.. Every weapon is subjective to the situation it's used in so your whole rant is pointless. A perc only really shines as an emergency weapon when you're both out in the open and they have to reload or something. They suck versus cars, people in cover, and less effective around corners. Plus you can't usually easily lob them onto a ledge above you without hitting the side of the wall. 

If you want a boring game, we can take all the options away and everyone can fight with FBWs and NTECS while driving 4x4 vegases with frags. 

Look at the two things we're talking about. A short range tazer that does 950 stamina damage so practically any other weapon paired with it can easily stun or a GRENADE that can't even kill with 2 direct hits?

1 hour ago, Unclean said:

why would we get double negatives? Less risk so single points, also we don't have the AoE effect. 

people always get butthurt when anyone brings up crim-only weapons whether they're balanced or not so now I want a PIG equivalent that ignores balance 🙂

You seem to be the butt hurt one cause you keep shitting out posts to try and drown out everyone else. so besides the no points which was shitty of me to do because i am tired of shitty players bitching about ltl being op, what do you actually complain about? Out side of that it makes it the same as a pig. shit range shit reload and no ammo, shit time to get to someone to "finish" them off and a huge time that they can be rescued. so again what is the complaint? is it just because you want the good aspects and none of the negative ones?

2 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

You seem to be the butt hurt one cause you keep shitting out posts to try and drown out everyone else. so besides the no points which was shitty of me to do because i am tired of shitty players bitching about ltl being op, what do you actually complain about? Out side of that it makes it the same as a pig. shit range shit reload and no ammo, shit time to get to someone to "finish" them off and a huge time that they can be rescued. so again what is the complaint? is it just because you want the good aspects and none of the negative ones?

Sure, I'll take all of the positives and none of the negatives instead of the double negatives that you gave lol

The Smiley face was to signify sarcasm, but I know it's hard to read through that... The point I was trying to make in the first post is that no matter what I would say for any crim-only weapon, people who main enforcers would feel like they're being robbed because enforcers have to arrest and baby sit stunned enemies. It's true, but that also creates possibilities and like I said enforcers get more than double points for arrests while creating traps for other enemies, prolonging spawning as well as other enemies time to try and rescue that player, and the small AoE effect that I've never understood.. it's almost like a bad guy flak round. 

I promise I'm not trying to be crappy with you. I've just had this conversation a thousand times, and I'll never sway an enforcer main for very obvious reasons.

Just now, Unclean said:

Sure, I'll take all of the positives and none of the negatives instead of the double negatives that you gave lol

The Smiley face was to signify sarcasm, but I know it's hard to read through that... The point I was trying to make in the first post is that no matter what I would say for any crim-only weapon, people who main enforcers would feel like they're being robbed because enforcers have to arrest and baby sit stunned enemies. It's true, but that also creates possibilities and like I said enforcers get more than double points for arrests while creating traps for other enemies, prolonging spawning as well as other enemies time to try and rescue that player, and the small AoE effect that I've never understood.. it's almost like a bad guy flak round. 

I promise I'm not trying to be crappy with you. I've just had this conversation a thousand times, and I'll never sway an enforcer main for very obvious reasons.

Crim main actually here with a rank 15 cop as well. The spawn time thing is honestly negated by the need to baby sit the enemy and the arrest time + however long it takes to get to them. Honestly we all know crim will never get anything close to that mechanic and that is fine. We don't want enf to have free ramraiding either, this shit breaks the game so fast.

1 minute ago, SelttikS said:

Crim main actually here with a rank 15 cop as well. The spawn time thing is honestly negated by the need to baby sit the enemy and the arrest time + however long it takes to get to them. Honestly we all know crim will never get anything close to that mechanic and that is fine. We don't want enf to have free ramraiding either, this shit breaks the game so fast.

I never asked for crims to have that mechanic though... I wish I could find my old threads. It would be much easier to explain lol.

Like I said, I think we should have MORE differences between the factions, not less.. but having other ways to play each part of the game inside and outside of missions is what could help this game survive

5 hours ago, MySodium said:

LOL no. There shouldn't be any emphasis on a gun being easy or hard to use depending on a player's skill, this isn't a MOBA, APB has amazing pvp because how the skill gap varies from player to player. Problem with percs is how cheap they are to finish someone off or remove them from a fight entirely, saying you can easily avoid a perc is highly subjective because scenarios are different every time, anyone who has a brain can easily make a perc unavoidable with minimalistic effort while using grenades with countdown to cook have to be extremely precise, not to mention your opponent has enough time to think while your grenade cooks, that's the beauty of APB, every single second matter, and remember, not all of us are R195 to use Flak Jacket, if they removed rank requirements on character and weapon modifications then sure, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Stop making the game more casual for christ sake... 

Percs are easy to use against lower skilled players but basically ineffective against higher skilled players because of their low soft and hard damage.  Once you reach a higher skilled bracket, most people use Concs because they are no longer panic tossing grenades around or relying on a 1 second grenade toss + Primary to take out an opponent.

Concs are much better, they do a lot more hard damage and soft damage.  1 conc can also disable most vehicles.

This may not be a MOBA but the same game systems still apply, you need an easy to use weapon effective against lower skilled opponents.  Then once a player builds more skill they graduate to using Concs.

Sign in to follow this