Sign in to follow this  
LUST

Permanent Weapons for Completing Roles

This is a popular suggestion re-created from the old forums dating back to 2012.

I have stated this a few times within threads and truly believe it cannot even be argued:

Permanent 3-Slot Weapons should be available for purchase from contacts if a player completes the respective role.

[Notes]:

• These weapons won't be free, of course, it will *definitely cost more* than the current 10-day lease for the 3-slot weapon type.
  • The option to lease a 10-day 3-slot weapon will still be offered.
  • These weapons cannot be traded.
  • This will still let G1 sell Permanent/30-day leases to those who don't want to spend time leveling the respective role to get the 3-slot option (like it is currently).
  • This will still let G1 sell skinned variants of the weapons.
  • This will still let G1 sell variants of the same weapons but with modifications that are altered or not normally allowed together (ex Tagger Modification with Three-Point Sling).
  • This will further prove that the game isn't P2W to those skeptical about the game and want something to blame.
  • This will give people a reason to further max roles instead of stopping because there is really no gain.

If anyone else has any thing else beneficial to add, please do and I'll edit this post.
If anyone has objections, I hope you can formulate a decent argument.

Additional Comments (not in original 2012 post, but discussed):

• Original suggestion was when Weapon Roles capped at 15 and Contact Rank capped at 195. Weapon Roles were increased by 1 to award players the Chrome skin.
  • Could increase the number of ranks in role past the current Rank 16 for each weapon in the category, keeping continual progression.
  • Rank 16 currently grants the Chrome Skin; Ranks afterward can give permanent unlock option for each (ex. Rank 17 = 3-slot Permanent STAR, Rank 18 = 3-slot Permanent N-TEC, etc.).
  • Higher ranks can introduce options for the newer weapons (ex. ATAC, FAR, COBR-A, etc.)
  • APB$ Money Sink (for rich players) and additional reason to use the Marketplace, Ram-Raid, and/or play the game...

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

def needs another bump, untill LO leaves some feedback on which suggestions have been noted.

Totally no. Why would you even buy a Perm weapon in the armas then if you gonna get it for free?

31 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

Totally no. Why would you even buy a Perm weapon in the armas then if you gonna get it for free?

It would still be an unbelievable fuckload of time and effort to actually unlock it for free.  Most people don't have that kind of patience and would rather pay on Armas.  Plus it would only be one gun per role.   Edited by BrandonBranderson

I would go for this. I am currently lvling my LMG roles sooo...perm Alig...wouldnt break LOs bank.

On 8/7/2018 at 10:50 AM, TheKeanuReeves said:

its currently 20k kill per role to get to level 16 iirc, thats a very large time investment - especially if you arent a good player

this wouldnt really go against the armas design of "pay for convenience"

Imma bump this cause its a great idea. You would actually feel rewarded for completing a role.

Edited by DouglasFalcon