Sign in to follow this  
FireHitPanic

Tutorial District NEEDED ASAP

Tutorial  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What should be changed to teach new players about APB?

• A new tutorial district that is dedicated to making sure players understand the game
    • Just fix the matchmaking and it will fix running into people who don't know how to play the game
    • Make the tutorial more helpful in explaining certain aspects of the game (contacts, waiting for OP in missions, etc.).
    • Both 2&3
    • All of the above
    • The game perfectly explains it already. No need to change anything.

There needs to be a tutorial district for noobs how don't know the basics of a multiplayer game. I am tired in running into teammates that do nothing or kill you because they don't understand any multiplayer basics. It's gotten to the point for me that there are new players and noobs. New players understand how to do missions and cooperate with teammates. Noobs kill EVERYONE and can't complete a mission because they lack a functioning brain.

They should be required to finish the tutorial basics and max out at least 2 contacts to be able to play with people who know what they are doing. Also for the tutorial district I'd like to see some things better explained since getting started in this game can be pretty confusing since nothing is really explained and it's not really that intuitive for beginners. All that's really explained pledging to a contact but never really explains why and equipping various stuff. 

I swear I love this game but it sometimes feels like this game was released in pre-beta. Guns are super unbalanced, servers are crap (as of people hit the servers too easily), there are hardly any guns in the game (I'm counting variants of guns together since it's basically the same model for the gun), your face in game looks nothing like what you created. I feel the only really good thing about this game that really feels fleshed out is customizing clothing and vehicles (as of decals/putting shapes or text on stuff) and maybe the contacts if they were explained slightly better when starting off. I also have to say they should really make ammo just free and you just have to restock at wherever (if thats what happens right now then tutorial is totally misleading).

Before I possibly get flamed for that last paragraph I truly enjoy the game but it has it's problems some more major than others. To me this is what is stopping me from playing nonstop. I currently really only play it for a few hours each day because one can take only so much crap at once.

Edited by FireHitPanic

I share your discomfort, loving the game but being unable to actually do anything about it, its frustrating. I feel like this would fall under the threat system problems, since new players(trainees) should still be learning the game, preferably in a new player safe environment, currently they don't and I believe LO/Matt has said before that the threat system/matchmaking/tutorial system needs looking into.

I feel though there needs some better explaining though in the tutorial on what to do. So if that means changing the tutorial or something else. Also if they do explain stuff in the big blocks of text sent in the messages, it needs to be condensed. Especially since contacts, for example, I can explain it in two or three sentences that gives enough information to.

Also by what I mean change tutorial, I mean modifying the current system to better explain the game. What they do right now is good but it can be better in introducing new people to the game. I guess this suggestion of mine all comes down to there needs to be a better way to introduce new players to the game. Contacts are really confusing at first even though once you understand it it's pretty simple. I sort of feel they should just remove the post-basic tutorial (Enforcer/Criminal tutorial). My friend who is super experienced says he has never completed it on any of his characters. If not remove the post-basic tutorial tutorial change it to be more mission based since from what I have played everyone does. Mission Based, as of Spray a point, deliver a package, deliver a vehicle, and stuff like that. I hardly find criminals as an enforcer doing the acts needed to complete the enforcer tutorial and as a criminal I find what needs to be done poorly explained to the point it doesn't feel worth going for. 

I guess the best way to summarize what I want changed to tutorial are better explanations on how, what, and why I need to do some of the things. Obviously not all tutorial parts need a why (ex: movement and combat). 

The game also needs to explain about waiting for OP. Many times I've had T noobs on my team not knowing about how OP'd missions make more rewards.

Yeah that to. I even at first didn't realize that until my friend told me to wait and the reason why. So much important parts of the game are not explained. And as I said before if they do explain any of this in the tutorial messages, they are way to long and can be condensed. I never bother reading it because it's such a big block of text.

I basically have a degree in graphic design (just got to pass my summer class and I am got it) and I have learned that most people see a huge block of text, ignore it. I even fall under that category, I see too much text and I don't read it. That's why I try to put spaces between paragraphs for my thoughts. It makes appear as not as much text as it would as a big block of text which makes it easier to read.