MattScott

Server lag update

Thank you so much for the communication and taking the time to actually get in there and see what what going on. It's a lot more eye-opening to experience it for yourself.
Anyway, I'm interested in this celebration! Thank you for your hard work. 🙂

I just play and got conection lost like 2 times..and my internet router here had problems same time.Problem is in my place or this ddosers/hackers or whatever they are- can afect me here?iI had internet problems not long ago so can be my problem only idk

3rd gen I7 to mirror a district on it, EPIC!.

Yeet. Waiting on that post with more details. I haven't been playing APB for like a week because of the lag and shit so. 

1 hour ago, Shozonu said:

Jericho is rubberbanding right now.

Can confirm, it's not as bad as the other day but it's still bad enough that it's sending people off rooftops. @Lixil

much love matt, thank you again

7 hours ago, hack said:

3rd gen I7 to mirror a district on it, EPIC!.

As far as I'm aware, Unreal Engine's server software is not and never has been Xeon optimized, so enterprise-grade hardware might be even more of a decrease in performance than what we've got currently, even if it has better single-threaded performance.

Holy crap, the devs play the game too! Hope you guys can get it fixed soon, I'd like to play when I get home!

On 7/1/2018 at 10:37 PM, Nite said:

Appreciate the updates!

So this is probably a good time for me to ask - given the steady improvements being touted by the major cloud providers these days, would migrating to a large cloud service (AWS/Azure/Google) be something worth considering in future? Possibly as a post-engine upgrade endeavor? How big a technical hurdle would that be to surmount?

This has already been tested. The cloud services don't provide enough single thread performance, which is why Reloaded decided to stick with full servers. PUBG and Fortnite struggle to maintain 30tps when there's 100 players still alive, so the engine upgrade won't do much for performance.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin
  • Like 1

The servers seemed great early yesterday. I didn't experience any pauses or teleporting compared to the past while. However, this last evening they seemed to have returned. Is this still related to the DDOS mitigation?  There was a constant stutter and large latency fluctuation going on the previous day, which is thankfully gone, so I'm not sure if that's only what the reset fixed.

I'm happy to see the game more populated then it had been, and have renewed a fair bit of Premium due to it, but it's still very frustrating to experience these warps:

I know others experience them, too, often at the same time as me as we're chatting on VOIP so it's not just my connection and PC. It seems others don't experience them, or at least seem affected as much, with how they succeed in gun fights that are making us warp. Grateful for some progress. Hope to see more improvements.

On 7/2/2018 at 1:11 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Full of too many hipsters and people that think it is better than Sydney.

*sips Grady's* um, because it is better, but you wouldn't know anything about that, it's a Brunswick thing. 

Edited by KnifuWaifu

Just now, gogol said:

any update on the update

No updated updates on the update. 

46 minutes ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Wow...More communication!Bought the CASE last night.Will be buying the Talon this weekend.Keep up the good work @MattScott!

Why Talon and not Fang???

On 7/1/2018 at 6:46 PM, MattScott said:

I was on a server entirely by myself. The rubberbanding was just as bad.

Hi all,

We analyzed the logs and found a fairly significant source of latency, and we put a fix into the last patch.

I don't think there is any one silver bullet that will fix the lag, but I'm curious how everyone's experience has been so far during the Holiday Event.

Thanks,
Matt

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We analyzed the logs and found a fairly significant source of latency, and we put a fix into the last patch.

I don't think there is any one silver bullet that will fix the lag, but I'm curious how everyone's experience has been so far during the Holiday Event.

Thanks,
Matt

Nothing so far today 👍

I gave up playing Jericho earlier. 

Bouncing between 20ms and 300ms from Chicago. 

Went and did some Wildlands instead. 

14 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

i was in fight club for several hours today and had no latency issues

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

stable 88ms for the past 40minutes so we good... 2days ago it was between 90 and 150