acqui$ition

will the price tag ever be announced? 

was it for a couple million?

couple thousands? 

...a bag of chips? 

...did they pay YOU? 

Just now, TrinityFSB said:

Wat.

when they bought g1. there had to be an exchange of something for apb to change hands. 

not that hard to understand. 

Ah....  I though maybe you were asking how much is it costing them to upkeep the game.  I'm guessing they got it for fairly cheap. (Somewhere in the tens of thousands)

16 pretzels and an old beagle

8 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

16 pretzels and an old beagle

like a dog or the instrument? 

18 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

like a dog or the instrument? 

beagle-dog-playing-trumpet-illustration-

• Like 1

g1 prob had to pay LO to take the APB community into their hands lel

I have a feeling it went something like this.

Since APB wasnt G1's cup of tea, i assume it was a cup of salt in exchange

a session with tiggies on bangbros

13 minutes ago, yaepes said:

Clearly 3999 G1C

LO hit em with a chargeback, the ultimate bamboozlement. 

12 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

LO hit em with a chargeback, the ultimate bamboozlement. 

i guess we can blame gayronaut for the removal of gifting

4 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i guess we can blame gayronaut for the removal of gifting

BigOof

would be very interesting to know what LO paid. I would think though that the monthly fees/costs for APB is probably not that far from the price they paid in total.. G1 got the IP for £500k if i remember correctly. they have surely milked that super dry and made a shit load more money than they paid so making a profit from APB, if purchased for very little would look like too much of an uphill struggle. I would say the community is priceless though 😛

Also I get that LO own the game servers we use, so they are not paying a rental fee. But they will still have to rent a space in a data centre. If you consider that you your self can rent a very decent gaming server for around £30 per month, how much do you think it costs to rent space in a datacentre for servers that have a concurrent user base of less than 3000 people? Now they I come to think of it, I dont get why APB doesn't have amazingly good servers if they are not super expensive to rent?

Edited by Seedy

Game industry questions belongs to Game Industry forums...no wait.

I'd like to think it is in the order of the 7 digits, it is a full package including two games, the portal and a bunch of stuff needed to run all that, and if everything goes well with the technical aspects of the game, as for how Matt managed to resuscitate this community and earn our loyalty back, the investment should totally worth it, no doubts.

RTW investment to create APB was something around $70 to $100 millions and not sure because can't find the source but I think I've read that then Björn Book-Larsson bought it for less than 10 millions, maybe 7, but I can't remember right now.

9 hours ago, TrinityFSB said:

Ah....  I though maybe you were asking how much is it costing them to upkeep the game.  I'm guessing they got it for fairly cheap. (Somewhere in the tens of thousands)

Apb took like 25 million to make its up there with top expincive games like crackdown witch is just apb before apb 

1 hour ago, Salvick said:

Game industry questions belongs to Game Industry forums...no wait.

I'd like to think it is in the order of the 7 digits, it is a full package including two games, the portal and a bunch of stuff needed to run all that, and if everything goes well with the technical aspects of the game, as for how Matt managed to resuscitate this community and earn our loyalty back, the investment should totally worth it, no doubts.

RTW investment to create APB was something around $70 to $100 millions and not sure because can't find the source but I think I've read that then Björn Book-Larsson bought it for less than 10 millions, maybe 7, but I can't remember right now.

46 minutes ago, SmokinPotat0 said:

Apb took like 25 million to make its up there with top expincive games like crackdown witch is just apb before apb 

APB took $100,000,000 to make (but im sure this also was spent on Project MyWorld by RTW). I was told face to face by a dev at RTW that G1 purchased the IP for APB for $500,000. I live pretty much 2 miles from the old RTW offices in Dundee. Used to go out drinking with the RTW devs and I was the wedding photographer for the lead Artist (who also told me before the game was announced as purchased who purchased it which I announced on my own APB Forums prior to G1s announcement back in 2010). The good old days (may return with LO)

• Like 1

I think around $100k-200k for APB but way more for whole company (G1) - probably around 1 mln $ and i'm not even joking.

While game got bad reputation, it's still a lot of work of some people and usable piece of software.

And company is trademark on it's own + all it's achievements.

6 hours ago, Seedy said:

would be very interesting to know what LO paid. I would think though that the monthly fees/costs for APB is probably not that far from the price they paid in total.. G1 got the IP for £500k if i remember correctly. they have surely milked that super dry and made a shit load more money than they paid so making a profit from APB, if purchased for very little would look like too much of an uphill struggle. I would say the community is priceless though 😛

Also I get that LO own the game servers we use, so they are not paying a rental fee. But they will still have to rent a space in a data centre. If you consider that you your self can rent a very decent gaming server for around £30 per month, how much do you think it costs to rent space in a datacentre for servers that have a concurrent user base of less than 3000 people? Now they I come to think of it, I dont get why APB doesn't have amazingly good servers if they are not super expensive to rent?

pretty sure the reported price at the time of the g1 purchase was 1.5m euros

Sign in to follow this