Darkzero3802

Delay When Swapping Weapon In Hand

9 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

nor do I care to "try hard"

if you think doing objectives is trying hard then theres no hope for you tbh

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Dethreaters and their excuses.

LUL

Think what you want but I know what I wana do to have fun and dethreating isnt included in it.

Just now, BXNNXD said:

if you think doing objectives is trying hard then theres no hope for you tbh

Whoever said anything bout that? Im talking try hard as in broken weapons, car surfing etc etc

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

Think what you want but I know what I wana do to have fun and dethreating isnt included in it.

Glad to hear it, I'll be seeing you in silver district then.

😉

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

Whoever said anything bout that? Im talking try hard as in broken weapons, car surfing etc etc

theres no need to do any of that for gold threat tho?

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Glad to hear it, I'll be seeing you in silver district then.

😉

I was in it snubbing afew days ago, you must have missed me tho I dont see how when im the only yellow kitty around.

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

theres no need to do any of that for gold threat tho?

Exactly, its easier to get gold then it is green. But nobody said I had to use the best weapons in game to have fun, tho most vets think otherwise.

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

#threatdoesntmatterstophating

If it's so irrelevant then why lie about your threat being Gold when every time I've seen you you've been Silver? Your game knowledge and believing this causes some hitbox desync/reduced bloom/faster rate of fire shows that this is unlikely to be the case. You are aware that when you shoot on the client, you send a request to the server to fire by calling StartFire, which requests the server actually fire your round (when you call StartFire, your client instantly shows the bullet firing and the weapon gives off muzzle flash, but ammo takes the roundtrip of ping to decrement because it is handled by the server, only when your ammo decrements can you be sure that the server has accepted your shot and actually fired, it takes half your ping for the server to realize you have fired and the other half for your weapon to receive updated data from the server), when the two become desynchronized, you receive a ghost fire (StartFire calls on the client but fails on the server, the ammo counter does not decrease, and the fire only happens on your end.), the server is authoritative over the RoF of weapons, swapping hands neither reduces reticule bloom (weapon inaccuracy is handled independently on client and server, reticule bloom only gives you a general indicator of the area your shots can land, the actual decals of where your bullets go is incorrect because weapon inaccuracy is not synchronized with the client.) or increases the rate of fire (StartFire on the client CAN call faster than StartFire on the server, but the server will just fail the request and reject the shot as the time to fire again has not been met on the server.)

Edited by Similarities
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I was in it snubbing afew days ago, you must have missed me tho I dont see how when im the only yellow kitty around.

meeeeee yow 😉

I usually refrain from commenting in threads like this,going so long through so many pages, then I find out is just an arguing with nearly 0 constructive inputs to help the op to get a more clear understanding of what the others are criticizing.

So I came to comment two things, first of all, bringing in-game drama such as threat rank to the forums only adds toxicity imo, for the goldies around here, let's just try to help anyone we think is doing bad to do better then! Or anyone here is gold because you do or play in a way that no one else could even attempt to try?

Anyways, I also think the discussion is senseless because switching sides only affects your aim negatively when it shakes your camera side to side, there are "theories" that says switching sides could make your hitbox a bit slim for a fraction of a second, but even if that's the case, it wouldn't provide an advantage since it also affects your aim and shakes your screen a bit making it more complicated, but it is true that it may be very annoying to see a good player killing you plenty of times doing that which could make you think bad about these doing it.

The other thing I wanted to say to you @Darkzero3802, being yourself around for so long and you still didn't spot when some participants in your thread are antagonizing and using your thread as a chatbox? May not be the case this time, I'm no one to tell since its your thread and I can see you interacting with everyone, but personally I just feel I wasted time reading stuff about your ingame threat rank and how you are an authorized person or not to talk about anything which also discourages me from posting tbh.

Guess you know you can just ignore them or even ask @Lixil or any moderator to clean up your thread if you feel like doing so, I might be wrong and maybe you are enjoying the discussion here anyways, so that's it.

Regards to everyone around, no hard feelings with any poster here btw, please don't take my comments personally guys.

Well thats actually not true because i sometimes use handswitching to abuse desync (sorry i shouldnt use it but sometimes my will to survive surpass my will to play clean...).

I barely care of your opinion and i want this game to run smooth and clean and handswitching that fast while firing not only looks smart if not is not serving any purpose as everyone mentions.

So: zero impact by handswitching so fast= zero impact into removing such ret****d (forums filters change it to smart, but it should be *smart* to let people know that its filtered) feature.

Really, really simple.

Edited by Excalibur!

21 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Well thats actually not true because i sometimes use handswitching to abuse desync (sorry i shouldnt use it but sometimes my will to survive surpass my will to play clean...).

I barely care of your opinion and i want this game to run smooth and clean and handswitching that fast while firing not only looks smart if not is not serving any purpose as everyone mentions.

So: zero impact by handswitching so fast= zero impact into removing such ret****d (forums filters change it to smart, but it should be *smart* to let people know that its filtered) feature.

Really, really simple.

sure but removing the feature by slowing down gameplay even more than it already has been is a terrible idea

29 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Could you stop abusing your desync, its really getting out of hand please stop, get some help.

32 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

I barely care of your opinion.

🤔

So, here's something.

I believe shoulderswitching is serverside. There's more delay to it when you have higher ping.

That being said, the hitbox of a player is cylindrical, thus no real difference happens when you shoulder switch.

Weapon rate of fire is dictated by the server. So, even if it seems faster when you do it, the server is outputting the same rate of fire as normal.

The rest is purely placebo. There is 0 benefit to spamming shoulder switch. As far as I can tell it doesn't affect bloom or accuracy gain/loss whatsoever, it doesn't cancel recoil and it doesnt make you harder to hit.

My question, therefore, is simple. Why do you want there to be a firing delay everytime you switch shoulder?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kempington said:

So, here's something.

I believe shoulderswitching is serverside. There's more delay to it when you have higher ping.

That being said, the hitbox of a player is cylindrical, thus no real difference happens when you shoulder switch.

Weapon rate of fire is dictated by the server. So, even if it seems faster when you do it, the server is outputting the same rate of fire as normal.

The rest is purely placebo. There is 0 benefit to spamming shoulder switch. As far as I can tell it doesn't affect bloom or accuracy gain/loss whatsoever, it doesn't cancel recoil and it doesnt make you harder to hit.

My question, therefore, is simple. Why do you want there to be a firing delay everytime you switch shoulder?

Yes, it is serverside, I mean I know you know, but when there's some major lag going on you can notice this too, indeed I use the shoulder-switch or the car horn to check how the real latency I have feels despite what the fps counter shows.

yes , add a delay on car respawning , add a equip time on grenades , add a delay when changing mods , DELAY EVERYWHERE !

4 hours ago, Kempington said:

So, here's something.

Animations and the "blob" are not allways matching/coordinated with ping... moving side to side in circle and spaming switch hands create some fucked up desync. You are not new to the game do not negate this.

4 hours ago, yaepes said:

Could you stop abusing your desync, its really getting out of hand please stop, get some help.

🤔

Kx6r6Rt.jpg

Yes my lord.

4 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

sure but removing the feature by slowing down gameplay even more than it already has been is a terrible idea

Nope, you already said that does nothing you are slowing nothing.

4 hours ago, Kempington said:

this..

image2013-1-18+17_28_11.png

1 hour ago, Excalibur! said:

Animations and the "blob" are not allways matching/coordinated with ping... moving side to side in circle and spaming switch hands create some fucked up desync. You are not new to the game do not negate this.

Reveal hidden contents

Kx6r6Rt.jpg

Yes my lord.

Can you prove this? You do realise all of that could boil down to mediocre netcode. Take the old source engine, for example. The hitbox would be almost a player width behind where the character is when they're strafing or moving in any direction.

Back to APB. What desync are you on about? I've never seen any "desync" regarding a player switching shoulders. And yes, I'm not a new player and what you're talking about is ridiculous. I'm not going to say that it doesn't happen, since this is APB afteral, but I, in 7 years of playing APB:Reloaded, have never seen shoulder switching causing desync. If it was that big of a problem I would've seen it by now.

27 minutes ago, Kempington said:

Can you prove this? You do realise all of that could boil down to mediocre netcode. Take the old source engine, for example. The hitbox would be almost a player width behind where the character is when they're strafing or moving in any direction.

Back to APB. What desync are you on about? I've never seen any "desync" regarding a player switching shoulders. And yes, I'm not a new player and what you're talking about is ridiculous. I'm not going to say that it doesn't happen, since this is APB afteral, but I, in 7 years of playing APB:Reloaded, have never seen shoulder switching causing desync. If it was that big of a problem I would've seen it by now.

Do you remember when i made a test vid long time ago in baylan using my 1922 and a guy firing his carbine sr15 trying to kill me and missing a bunch of bullets while i switching hands, moving in circles and tap firing? Everyone mocked me and dismissed it.

I deleted it some time ago now...

I respect that you have an outstanding low ping but not everyone has the same low ping as you. Sometimes firing a character wont register bullets but firing a bit back will do. Thats when character and blob -or cylinder now?- are not syncronized.

Edited by Excalibur!

Can you imagine playing a game with lag and cheating issues, where HVR and NTEC exist, and there are bugs everywhere, and complain about SWITCHING SHOULDERS BECAUSE IT GIVES SOME WEAPONS AN ADVANTAGE?

Can you imagine being so fucking stupid?

Edited by DouglasFalcon
I can't type correctly :(

4 minutes ago, DouglasFalcon said:

Can you imagine playing a game with lag and cheating issues, where HVR and NTEC exist, and there are bugs everywhere, and complain about SWITCHING SHOULDERS BECAUSE IT GIVES SOME WEAPONS AN ADVANTAGE?

Can you imagine being so fucking stupid?

He's a furry, so he's got the handicapped permit, take him easy

Now now... no need to get personal here, it's not like OP's forum avatar looks like a dog.

... wait.

Heh, you reminded me of this classic :

Full+moon_ba698b_6137068.jpg