Nipps22

Marketplace Gifting Option

When the Gifting option will be back on Armas Marketplace? 😕

what was the controversy about people who received gifts getting banned because of charge backs being performed 

4 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

what was the controversy about people who received gifts getting banned because of charge backs being performed 

waaait whaaat
what are u talkin about

1 minute ago, Nipps22 said:

waaait whaaat
what are u talkin about

People charged back the credit card charge, this basically means the money paid for the gun was refunded. As retaliation, G1 banned the account receiving the gift to prevent fraud.

Thats just one of the ways it was abused.

I think it's a cool feature, as long as it's not abused.

last official staff comment was something about life on mars

so

Our team is still talking about this. Currently there is no ETA.

Quick, someone send them a box of donuts before their meeting. 

Also, happy 151 boys.

What about this, the Gifts are delivered only after the time to claim a charge back is over, like...60 days, right? Not sure how effective it could be to prevent fraud and quite sure it would annoy a lot of us af, but seeing as how irresponsible people could be, then I don't see any problem in placing more checkpoints in order to make the system work and prevent miscreants from causing more havoc.

Edited by Salvick

1 hour ago, Salvick said:

What about this, the Gifts are delivered only after the time to claim a charge back is over, like...60 days, right? Not sure how effective it could be to prevent fraud and quite sure it would annoy a lot of us af, but seeing as how irresponsible people could be, then I don't see any problem in placing more checkpoints in order to make the system work and prevent miscreants from causing more havoc.

No one gonna do that. If anything need better handling of how those charge backs were addressed. Ban the hwid of whom ever did the charge back and remove items from the receiving account. Also there was a lot of not so legit trade issues with it as well. So yeah we can not have nice things.

24 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

No one gonna do that. If anything need better handling of how those charge backs were addressed. Ban the hwid of whom ever did the charge back and remove items from the receiving account. Also there was a lot of not so legit trade issues with it as well. So yeah we can not have nice things.

Probably would suck for whoever receives the item. Best thing I'd say would be to allow the person to have whatever they were gifted notified that someone charged it back, and that within x days, the item will be removed. (like 1 or 2 days of the person logging on to see that notification)

Yeah, I wasn't trying to sound completely serious about my comment of delivering gifts within 60 days, but supposing that's the case I just wanted to throw it there, also other payment methods like cash and such could prevent charge backs I think, right?

Would be swell to see a version of this in the future.

I've wanted to buy friends stuff, and sometimes even strangers stuff to give myself a false sense of charity because its the only thing keeping me even remotely breathing at this point...

*Ahem*

Nah, I just wanna buy people things.