Empress_EDI

/Report (Player Name)

Maybe it's just me but what is the point of having the /report command? I'm told it's to be used in cases of player abuse, player grief, and of course player hacking.

But every time I've used it for any of the three reasons listed so far, I see. . . nothing not a harsh word, not a slap on the wrist, a suspension, or a ban, not even from people who probably get reported a hundred times a day. so what is this /report command even there for? who do I send pic's and vid's of these people being caught in the act? who gets the chat logs? if I post it here, I get punished for "name & shame" if I post anywhere else, I'm being "salty" so what do I do? what does anyone actually do about these people who get on and just ruin the game for you and everyone else they can manage? I'm serious I want to know.

I don't want a automated response or a cookie cutter "we're working on it" answer, I just want the truth at this point I don't even care if the truth is "ok fine, we can't do shit cause they out smart us at every turn, happy now?" I just want an actual answer something that tells me that at least there's someone paying attention to the problem, and understands.

Tiggs has said back in the days the /report feature was only for people hacking, all other forms of rulebreaking had to go through support.

I don't know if LO has changed the way of using that feature, personally I personally haven't seen a word from them about that matter.

It was only implemented to alert someone suspicious... but the amount of false reports send probably made it so they relied more on the collected data from FF (back then), and now BE. 

Edited by Outofmyway

They should put the report option in the scoreboard. Not many people are aware of /report.

/report is still for hacking only  but Matt has said they plan to add to this feature to allow reporting for other things

Edited by CookiePuss

All /report has ever done so far is "telling fairfight to hurry up for the next inspection of player in question".

Hopefully they'll rework it some day (as they've let us believe they will) so that it could be used for more than just hiding part of pointless hackusations from the /d.

Having things like /report chat {playername} or /report exploit {playername} or /report griefing {playername} might help cleaning up the /d from the useless name-and-shame attempts (given that the now-in-training-gamemods can be used to help clean up the toxic waste on /d chat a bit amongst their other duties).

Edited by Chinook

hackers and griefers are players and they need all of them, so thats why.

I always used it for greifing anyways. 

28 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

hackers and griefers are players and they need all of them, so thats why.

Hackers and griefers drive new players away from the game. 

• Like 2

/report does nothing except flag a player for FairFight to watch.

I don't know if it's been worked into the BattlEye, but yeah, reporting anything other than hacking won't do anything. Not at this moment in time.

Matt has stated that they want to implement it into the game to report any form of ToS breaking, but alas, that time hasn't come.

I've been asking for a proper /report function since January/February 2012, a bunch of years later they added it just because FF comes with that feature, but still G1 never heard us and never said or did anything in these regards. They were always so secretive and defensive that it always made me think if they had a true interest on protecting these players.

I remember this guy I reported once, provided solid video evidence from both sides, opposite and teaming up with him, a few weeks later I spotted him and he just did a name change. Was just a coincidence or what?

Oh and I remember a close friend of the reported guy who was indeed a SPCT/SPCM and an active forum mod that after I told him I was reporting his friend explaining every detail of what I saw, he stopped being nice and kind anymore. We'll say was just lack of professionalism and mere coincidences there, but I still had this feeling that something shady was going on behind all this.

I think all the /report (player name) command really needs is a (reason) field after the player name. I know this command was mostly just associated with fairfight but I assume these reports go to GMs too? If GMs have monitoring tools like the ability to check chat logs (Which I think they do? Wouldn't be hard to implement at least.) at least this way they could deal with any cases of harassment and such while they are on duty, then and there? 😕

Edited by CombatMedic02

friendly reminder that the search function on the forums still works

GED2MaU.png

I recall GMs actually responded to /report by visiting said district and observing the player. But that was like...2013. I do get the feeling that LO GMs act similarily though.

4 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

I recall GMs actually responded to /report by visiting said district and observing the player. But that was like...2013. I do get the feeling that LO GMs act similarily though.

wat? We had a /report command in 2013? 

21 hours ago, TrinityFSB said:

I always used it for greifing anyways. 

Hackers and griefers drive new players away from the game. 

I thought that too. Guess we were wrong.

1 minute ago, SelttikS said:

I thought that too. Guess we were wrong.

Ignorance is bliss. lol

• Like 1

i had a match against Alwezz and he says doesnt works. 

Htbz8fC.jpg

Edited by PersianTiger

4 minutes ago, PersianTiger said:

i had a match against Alwezz and he says doesnt works. 

Htbz8fC.jpg

20 kills against some random scrubs, must be a cheater LUL
gitgud