Sign in to follow this  
Nickyan

Contemplating which UL-3 to get

I need a close ranged secondary to complement a long ranged primary. There's times I get pushed or have to fight in cqc so having something I could contest or possibly even kill pointman weapons with in my pocket would be cool. The UL-3s are pretty cheap at the marketplace and might scratch this itch, but I'm not sure which one would be the best for my use.

A lot of people have said Bloody Mary is the best, but looking at the stats it just deals 8 damage overkill. CA3 users (=everyone) might be able to cheese out an extra bullet. in which case it's not better than the Hitchhiker. HH and JD do 40 overkill which is a lot better. Also this costs twice as much the others.

Jersey Devil seems really good for killing people you've tagged with a primary first due to high dps and reduces equip time. However, I'm worried it has a hard time getting kills by itself having less than 2 kills per mag and increased bloom. This combined with the higher firerate make missing a burst spell death, and the gun only being usable at hugging distance. Any experiences with this gun?

The supposedly bad Hitchhiker looks to be the most consistent. I really like the fact is has 2,5 kills per magazine. Since there's no bloom penalty it might usable at more ranges. There's the accuracy bonus but the gun seems to have exponential bloom so that's kinda moot I guess. While the ttk is slower, I'd rather trade dps for reliability. Yet due to higher ttk chances are you'll get outgunned more times than with JD.

Stat-wise it's a more accurate S-AS PDW, and I don't think S-AS isn't a bad gun. Just a bit too inaccurate to my liking. Hence Hitchhiker looks like the mini smg I'm looking for. However if JD can perform equally well in same situtations as Hitchhiker, I should probably just get that instead.

Any opinions on these guns? At this rate I'll end up buying them all lol.

Edited by Nickyan

You want honest opinion ?

Dont get any of them.....

I bought 1by1 of them and guess what? ALL OF THEM SUCK ! The truth is that you cannot even tap fire the UL-3 as even an Ntec tap firing, the bloom recovery is SUPER SLOW and is PLAIN BAD !!! Its amazing on paper n thats it !

4 minutes ago, Nickyan said:

Since there's no bloom penalty it might usable at more ranges.

WHAT?! That crap blooms to like NHVR when you run... UL-3 are absolutely NOT recommended unless you wana spend more attention on secondary than your primary !

Edited by Thelnformer
  • Like 1

The Yukon is the strongest secondary you can get to make up for your close-range capabilities.
If you can buy all three of the UL3's, you're probably not far off of being able to own a Yukon.
Otherwise, an excellent secondary is still the Sas PDW. Pretty underrated gun. 
Did I tell you to get a Yukon yet? The more people abuse this weapon, the higher the chances are that LO will balance this gun out.

• Like 3

Jersey Devil aim at feet.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Jersey Devil aim at feet.

^ This

The Jersey Devil shreds Yukons in Close range. And you can actually tap fire it relatively okay. 

• Like 1

Jersey Devil > Hitchhiker > Bloody Mary

It's funny how the BM is the most expensive one, solely because "hurr but it's red, has a silencer and one less shot to kill!!11!". That doesn't matter. 

The other two are way more useful.

Hitchhiker is the most effective at the UL-3s max effective range, is a little more accurate and comes with a 32 rounds magazine, the JD comes with with 25 and BM with 24.

The Jersey Devil has a quite fast equip time plus a 10% faster fire rate, while still being pretty damn good on range.

Keep in mind that it's not a full auto weapon and expected to be bursted in ~6-10 shots, unless you're literally hugging your opponent. Aiming down sight's is also a must.

//Edit: bloom penalty isn't really that noticeable between the three.

//Edit2: everyone says they're bad. I say, they're the best close range secondaries you can get. Very reliable once you know how to use them. Can be used as a primary.

//Edit3: @Lixil please remove that auto formatting that makes two new lines instead of one when you press enter, it's atrocious.

Edited by GhosT
  • Like 1

@GhosT So would say the only real/noticeable advantage Hitchhiker has over Jersey Devil is the magazine size?

Just now, virginiavirgin said:

Why don’t you look into a silenced

nano? 

With its long equip time and ttk, it's not as well suited for close range fights as the UL-3s are. I'd rather use .45 AP at "nano range". Plus it's really expensive.

58 minutes ago, Nickyan said:

@GhosT So would say the only real/noticeable advantage Hitchhiker has over Jersey Devil is the magazine size?

Pretty much, yeah. Haven't felt much of a performance difference in it's max effective range (30ish meters).

JD is definitely the best to get your hands on. Very reliable on its own, and also a great fallback weapon due to the fire rate and faster equip time than the other two.

58 minutes ago, virginiavirgin said:

Why don’t you look into a silenced

nano? 

Objectively worse than a FBW, which is free. 8 shots to kill, it's slow and inaccurate. The only thing it's useful for is combining it with high stamina weapons and/or stabbas.

1 minute ago, Ignas / qsn said:

I had all of them 2-3 times each and I can say one thing:

DO NOT GET ANY OF THESE

If you can use FBW well - buy FBW Sight Zero or if you have some cash, get AP .45.

But if you are saving up in-game cash, I'd say Nano is the way to go since price is not very different from Bloody Mary (atleast in Citadel).

Why do people always say "don't get the ul3!" but never tell you why you shouldn't.

I honestly don't get it, they're fairly easy to get used to and absolutely wreck when you know how to use them.

U will always have a hard time trying to kill primary pointman weap with secondary... 

FBW, RPF-9, or S-AS PDW or FA 9 is it according to your taste.

UL-3 is unaccurate, too high TTK, slow bloom recovery TRASH.

Jersey Devil is the best one of the three imo!

It essentially has CJ3 and 3PS3 equipped in it which make it excellent for a backup secondary.

Play it like a melee weapon, it has its weaknesses but it's basically a chainsaw if you use it right. I've gotten a few low effort kills with it before. Excellent when I'm in a pinch.

Edited by Shini
  • Like 1

They all are terrible. But yeah, the Jersey Devil sucks slightly less than the other two. 

Edited by CookiePuss

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

Why do people always say "don't get the ul3!" but never tell you why you shouldn't.

I honestly don't get it, they're fairly easy to get used to and absolutely wreck when you know how to use them.

Pretty sure i can beat your UL3 with my Snub nose.....( and im absolute crap )... I bought all of em, tested and then made an account EXCLUSIVELY to test these out and guess what? i ended up as bronze.... ( i would gold if i used just FBW n played)

might as well just use a pdw or nfa9, they’re a much smaller waste of money

Mean while i use OCSP (that accuracy is better then Colby RSA on the move)

Or you know... just use FBW.

It's free.

Edited by Mitne

7 hours ago, GhosT said:

//Edit3: @Lixil please remove that auto formatting that makes two new lines instead of one when you press enter, it's atrocious.

You've been getting that too?

I thought it was just me.

7 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

UL-3 is unaccurate, too high TTK, slow bloom recovery TRASH.

7 hours ago, Ignas / qsn said:

Many shots to kill, recoil increases significantly after some shots, low range.

It's accurate, you just shouldn't full auto it unless you're close. Small bursts of 5-8 shots are accurate enough for ~20-30m.

Recoil isn't high enough to be a problem, really. It's a close quarters secondary, so the range isn't too high, but it's still high enough to be way more useful than a yukon, sas pdw or the n-fa.

Bloom recovery is actually pretty quick. Many shots to kill aren't a downside because its got a very fast firerate. TTK isn't too high either, the JD is the second or third best weapon regarding low TTKs.

I think most people don't give it the time it needs to be learned and expect it to play it like a OCA or something, and then claim it's trash. It's a marksman smg that needs to be played with long bursts unless you're literally hugging the enemy.

Edited by GhosT
1 more sentence

Ive used both hitchhiker and jersey devil alot, and i prefer hitchhiker. Ive gotten way more kills with that. Its more reliablie, more bullets in the mag.

From looking at the UL-3 statwise I would personally pick the bloody mary due to it not having any major "You must play this way" things, but this can also be seen as a bad thing.

I would def say to actually avoid the Yukon until it gets fixed. I bought the Northwest thinking it would be like the Yukon and it's not. But if the Yukon is going to get bugfixed into being the Northwest? Lots of people are going to be looking to dump them 'cause the Northwest is kinda... Garbage.

17 minutes ago, Freewind said:

From looking at the UL-3 statwise I would personally pick the bloody mary due to it not having any major "You must play this way" things, but this can also be seen as a bad thing.

You have to play the BM exactly the same way you play the JD and HH.

11 minutes ago, GhosT said:

You have to play the BM exactly the same way you play the JD and HH.

I mean like they're all close range secondaries but BM kinda behaves more than the other two? The other two are like "Get tons of bloom." or whatever. The BM just kinda exists and does damage and doesn't sometimes just flop?

I could be wrong. I'm too poor to get one.

Sign in to follow this