Malheur

I have annoying crash and can't manage to remove the problem that is creating the crash

Hello, i had a problem here, since a day... and i m having consistan crashes after the game load and start the spray sounds, after this crashes, gives me a Error Report, aaand i have either a "General protection fault!" and "Array bounds exceeded." in the error. I'm with Windows 10, and tried to manipulate the game with the compatability tab to start like a Windows 7, tried to update directX and still having the problem.

Edited by Malheur

would be great if you could provide us with images of your error or something ? 

because from information you gave, that could problem with your CPU, or rams. 

or it also could be that you are running some software which is being detected as cheat, cus i saw a lot of "cheater" having simillar problems when they are injecting into game :D. 

Generalprotection fault!

Somethink violated game exe or game files..... Repair it with launcher 

After repair still happens archive log files and send me prv msg with em so I can inspect more detailed

Edited by Dahel

Try doing a full uninstall and a fresh install.

20 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

Repair do a similar but save time?

Edited by Dahel

15 hours ago, Dahel said:

Generalprotection fault!

Somethink violated game exe or game files..... Repair it with launcher 

After repair still happens archive log files and send me prv msg with em so I can inspect more detailed

I spammed that button many times, unfortunately didn't work.

15 hours ago, Nanometic said:

Also tried twice.

15 hours ago, Dahel said:

Repair do a similar but save time?

Somethimes not.

22 hours ago, WaitWat said:

would be great if you could provide us with images of your error or something ? 

because from information you gave, that could problem with your CPU, or rams. 

or it also could be that you are running some software which is being detected as cheat, cus i saw a lot of "cheater" having simillar problems when they are injecting into game :D. 

My sistem is:
I5-6600K
GTX 970 Evga SSC
12 GB of ram (one of 8 from Corsair, and 4 from Crucial, from the very budget ones.
Gigabyte H110M-S2

SSD AData SU800 256GB 
HDD WesternDigital Red 1TB.

But today is making, maybe, proper repair and scans carefully. Yesterday when i pressed the repair button made a repair for an a half of a sec.

And i m not using injectors for hacks and so on, I have more fun without that kind of assisstance.

I will see now what i will get now, after the repair if this problem occures again, i will send somehow the files, and some screenshots.

P.S.: It will be of help, if someone tell me how I upload files here, becouse either I'm blind or this forum don't include that option.

1 hour ago, Malheur said:

8 from Corsair, and 4 from Crucial

when did you installed another 4GB of RAM?

do you realise this mix can cause bad stability of your pc?

never ever mix two different brands/models of RAM.

you should go for 8+8 corsair same models

General protection, error code 0xE2B8C8DB -> nothing exist at search for this code

did you replaced some files?

general protection includes fake files or editing files. don't fool a game .)

Edited by Dahel
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dahel said:

when did you installed another 4GB of RAM?

do you realise this mix can cause bad stability of your pc?

never ever mix two different brands/models of RAM.

you should go for 8+8 corsair same models

General protection, error code 0xE2B8C8DB -> nothing exist at search for this code

did you replaced some files?

general protection includes fake files or editing files. don't fool a game .)

I didn't have any issues wehn installed the 8 gig of Corsair. But I really don't think that is the real problem. Now i don't have money in cash to try with 2X8 gigs of the same brand and model, but i will try only with the Corsair one. 

I didnt replaced any files, i just reinstalled the game yesterday twice, it's fresh install. I either tried to search a solution for this error code, but unfortunately is big zero on google.

open ticket at support and highlight this error code, also send gdrive link to them as tip, this is definitely something wrong or maybe missing .netframeworks or visual_c_runtime (google visual c++ all in one)

Edited by Dahel

2 minutes ago, Dahel said:

open ticket at support and highlight this error code, also send gdive link to them as tip, this is definitely something wrong or maybe missing .netframeworks or visual_c_runtime

How i do ticket at support?

1 hour ago, Malheur said:

time

they are busy at moment, 2 much 2 do, maybe 2 weeks :classic_unsure:
завтра зайди в дискорд пообщаемся и что там у тебя не так разберемси https://discord.gg/qtPU9n

Edited by Dahel

10 hours ago, Dahel said:

they are busy at moment, 2 much 2 do, maybe 2 weeks :classic_unsure:
завтра зайди в дискорд пообщаемся и что там у тебя не так разберемси https://discord.gg/qtPU9n

Cool but I don't speak russian.

Ooookay with so many things I've done, I finaly fixed it to work - be playable.
I still have problem when i minimize the game and it crashes.
But I tried to mess with the compatabilities of the APBLanucherprogram and APBprogram, and put them both to Windows XP(Service Pack 3) and it started. And it goes all good until u minimize the game.
I've tried a lot of other solutions but this one especialy worked for me.
I will list them here so one of them can help to other one with that kind of a crash.
- Repair the game from the launcher
- Go to Search(Win10)>Control Panel>System and security>And under the firewall tab the are subtabs one of them is Allow program trough Windows Firewall>after you enther there search for APB programs, like the APBprogram;APB_BEprogram;VivoxVoiceService; and allow both local and the public check(before that you need to press the button a little above that says something like Change Properties.
- You can try to enter bios and disable internal gpu if you are using an external one (DESKTOP ONLY)
- You can search for PCI Express options that could mess around with the GPU.
- You could try all these solutions to "General Protection Fault" - https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000224.htm
- Reinstall your game.

Hope some of these help you! 🙂 
Only to make your game playable - but I don't guarantee 100% crash fix, because my crash still occures when i minimize my game.

Edited by Malheur
  • Like 1

Oh, I forgot some solutions that I made and didn't include into the post before. 

- Try to install up to date drivers for the Graphics card, for Nvidia trought the official site of Nvidia, because there are the best and newest drivers or if u have the Nvidia Expirience app, you can check for updates there.

- Also can try to install new DirectX drivers. And before that deinstall the old ones. 

- You can try reinstalling the VCredists drivers. 

And it will be nice to say if there is solution to the crash when you minimize the game. 

Edited by Malheur

Hello there, I found the most crash-free solustion. If nothing up there helps you just make your "Fullscreen"setting to "Windowed Fullscreen". You will be able to Alt+TAB your game and it won't crash!

1. try to take out ur 4GB RAM stick or eventually put it in not dual channel slot (propably could work not sure) - this could be main problem first try to remove it

2. go to apb folder APBGame / Config and delete this files
3. go to apb folder Binaries / DefauldConfig or BaseConfig something with Config name delete this files
4. go to launcher and click fix button it should redownload this files
5. try to run the game (if work perfectly you stop there)

6. game still crashes delete APBprogram file from binaries and eventuall yall this files and try to repair
7. disable all compatibility on apbprogram file

8. it looks like u have a program that interfered with the game while u start it try to check it (propably safemode with internet connection could help?)
9. reinstall whole game firstival deleting all existed files from apb

ps. this game dont know how to fix files u need to manual delete them to fixing take effect.