Sign in to follow this  
kokejn

Old threat system

Old threat system  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Old threat system

4 hours ago, NatTurner said:

I agree with that. I think that there should be some striation in the threat levels to discourage dethreating or people that lose gold and go seal club in bronze to return to gold. 

As an important aside I’d like to say that I don’t like that the opp essentially publicly sexually harassed a woman at work. That is unacceptable. Lixil works here so treat her with some respect. You wouldn’t do that to your waitress or a shop attendant: it’s their jobto be courteous and nice to you even when they want to tell you to buzz off. Don’t take advantage of that and cause them to have uncomfortable situations where their employment comes into question should they act on their true feelings. Don’t be that guy. I don’t tolerate it in life and I won’t tolerate it in my APB.

Wow,wow,wow sexually harassing a woman on work? Dude you seriously need to chill out, first of all choose your words, don't flip them against me or in a way to proove yourself or all people on forum that you are a "Hero" and protective to women of people like me???!! First of all i didn't have time to explain my thread completly( and i didn't want to because who listen to us "normal players"). Second all i said was joke, many people understood that i am joking, i believe even lixil understood that and accepted that way so she didn't want to " buzz me" or w.e. Thank you for explaining my words wider than i said or wanted them to be said. Just avoid few words of calling me "names" here and spitting on me on my thread. Thank you. Peace "Hero"

For other people that follow this thread. Back in a days game had more challanges than today. You had to play good, and more to gain reputation. There was no dethreating, or afk players. Pure skills. Clans were bigger, people was giving more effort to get a higher threat to gain reputation for many "good" clans, skilled players were good known in community and well respected. But like i said only old players can understand what i wanted to say. No need for explanation to people who never tried old threat system. 

3 hours ago, WtfSerbianoo said:

Wow,wow,wow sexually harassing a woman on work? Dude you seriously need to chill out, first of all choose your words, don't flip them against me or in a way to proove yourself or all people on forum that you are a "Hero" and protective to women of people like me???!! First of all i didn't have time to explain my thread completly( and i didn't want to because who listen to us "normal players"). Second all i said was joke, many people understood that i am joking, i believe even lixil understood that and accepted that way so she didn't want to " buzz me" or w.e. Thank you for explaining my words wider than i said or wanted them to be said. Just avoid few words of calling me "names" here and spitting on me on my thread. Thank you. Peace "Hero"

For other people that follow this thread. Back in a days game had more challanges than today. You had to play good, and more to gain reputation. There was no dethreating, or afk players. Pure skills. Clans were bigger, people was giving more effort to get a higher threat to gain reputation for many "good" clans, skilled players were good known in community and well respected. But like i said only old players can understand what i wanted to say. No need for explanation to people who never tried old threat system. 

If you expect people to support your suggestion who never experienced the old system, you should take the time to actually explain it to them.

All due respect (little is due), you've destroyed any credibility your suggestion may have had by your other posts. Instead of continuing to argue, you should go back and clarify so people understand what you're actually suggesting, since your suggestion is surprisingly a good one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AgentRick said:

If you expect people to support your suggestion who never experienced the old system, you should take the time to actually explain it to them.

All due respect (little is due), you've destroyed any credibility your suggestion may have had by your other posts. Instead of continuing to argue, you should go back and clarify so people understand what you're actually suggesting, since your suggestion is surprisingly a good one.

Giving spiteful remarks wont get the suggestion anywhere, to simply agree with the points you agree with and building up on it would be optimal for progression and explaining.

The old sytem had 30 ranks of threat displayed, the one now only have 4.
The old threat icons basicly gave people something to strive for, status is a thing most people want(similar to mmr in any competitive game).

But the way i see it, it isn't only for status, you could use it in combat to see who to look out for and to handle them differently.

Also, the problem with the current system, the skill gap from a "low gold" to a "top gold" could be more than a bronze to a "low gold".
And during matchmaking you can't see the balanse on the teams, even if it is a full silver team aganst a full gold team, there might not be alot of difference in the team skill(example Top silvers vs Low golds).

5ZFrIyW.png

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Zlayer-EU2 said:

Giving spiteful remarks wont get the suggestion anywhere, to simply agree with the points you agree with and building up on it would be optimal for progression and explaining.

The old sytem had 30 ranks of threat displayed, the one now only have 4.
The old threat icons basicly gave people something to strive for, status is a thing most people want(similar to mmr in any competitive game).

But the way i see it, it isn't only for status, you could use it in combat to see who to look out for and to handle them differently.

Also, the problem with the current system, the skill gap from a "low gold" to a "top gold" could be more than a bronze to a "low gold".
And during matchmaking you can't see the balanse on the teams, even if it is a full silver team aganst a full gold team, there might not be alot of difference in the team skill(example Top silvers vs Low golds).

5ZFrIyW.png

This☝️

I think i did what my point was. To make other people discuss on this subject, also to draw attention from Gms about this question. Its simple, no anger. But you just got played by a player 😉 

Btw. Congratulations to everyone who supported this thread,and laughed on this way of drawing attention. Peace

Edited by WtfSerbianoo

So it will be basically CS:GO ranks all over again? That's what i'm getting always vibe of... and honestly I don't really like it.

Edited by Mitne

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

My god those threat symbols are ugly.

Personally i like them, but they can be remade. 

On 6/30/2018 at 7:42 PM, WtfSerbianoo said:

Keep your jokes confined to the game and the topics of this forum and we shouldn't have an issue. Thanks.

2 hours ago, NatTurner said:

Keep your jokes confined to the game and the topics of this forum and we shouldn't have an issue. Thanks.

Hhahahhah and you are who? Forum moderator? Owner of the game? What issue do you have? Who do you think you are? I know what you are but that would be rude word to say it loudly. I have better offer for you. Keep your eyes in your own garden hero or now better to call you GM. hahahhahhah 

the system changed because a lot of people were crying that rank 195 players were "at an advantage" over lower rating, because they got access to higher level mods, despite as we all know, the mods you use make very little difference to the weapon if you cant shoot properly with it or if your opposition is far superior in game knowledge... anyway they changed the rating symbols to represent the rank of the player rather than the skill level...

shape of symbol represented what position in the colour you are

now it represents your rank and your skill range...

it never really needed to show what rank you were, since when you can see a players rank anyway, but your cant see what specific skill level they are, getting rid of colours all together and just showing numbers for rank and skill would just make it obvious but far less pretty. Reverting the symbols would solve a lot of the confusion in matchmaking and its not like the old problem of shaming lower skill players ever went away after the change so we don't need to cry about that do we?

• Like 1

Pretty sure the old system is still in the game. It's just hidden right now behind a threat level. (Gold, Silver, Bronze & Green).

Although, I'd prefer using the old icons for threat level. 

On 7/3/2018 at 10:45 AM, Seadee said:

the system changed because a lot of people were crying that rank 195 players were "at an advantage" over lower rating, because they got access to higher level mods, despite as we all know, the mods you use make very little difference to the weapon if you cant shoot properly with it or if your opposition is far superior in game knowledge... anyway they changed the rating symbols to represent the rank of the player rather than the skill level...

shape of symbol represented what position in the colour you are

now it represents your rank and your skill range...

it never really needed to show what rank you were, since when you can see a players rank anyway, but your cant see what specific skill level they are, getting rid of colours all together and just showing numbers for rank and skill would just make it obvious but far less pretty. Reverting the symbols would solve a lot of the confusion in matchmaking and its not like the old problem of shaming lower skill players ever went away after the change so we don't need to cry about that do we?

Nice to see that name. 😃 Anyway i agree with you about mods. Yes, but after that change you could reach gold threat easier than before, few good missions for silver and he is gold, few bad missions for gold and he is silver. Matchmaking is still a huge problem, but with good remake of threat levels, and better matchmaking if you specify player skill lever you could make a better matchmaking for lower skill players. I am just nostalgic about old times. And results of G1 changes are losing on game population, they lost many old players, they started selling OP weapons on Armas, they attracted anger of players, brought hackers to game who couldnt fight against OP weapons from armas. After they lost even new players. So now we could start returning good things that APBR had back in a days.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2018 at 7:33 PM, kokejn said:

Nice to see that name. 😃 Anyway i agree with you about mods. Yes, but after that change you could reach gold threat easier than before, few good missions for silver and he is gold, few bad missions for gold and he is silver. Matchmaking is still a huge problem, but with good remake of threat levels, and better matchmaking if you specify player skill lever you could make a better matchmaking for lower skill players. I am just nostalgic about old times. And results of G1 changes are losing on game population, they lost many old players, they started selling OP weapons on Armas, they attracted anger of players, brought hackers to game who couldnt fight against OP weapons from armas. After they lost even new players. So now we could start returning good things that APBR had back in a days.

but that just means the range of that players skill is like silver 8 to gold 2 , if you go someone who is gold 6 to gold 10 a few bad missions they still stay gold, they would have to have a lot of bad missions.

like dethreaters, for them to get to Bronze, if they were in fact high gold, they would have to endure loss after loss after loss, it would be easier and more fun if they just played in silver and took a few losses to superior players, any golds you see in bronze, are at best low silver who are just abusing the system.

i'm and advocate of just doing away with the gold/silver/bronze system, giving the skill rating number (like other games 0-2000 or whatever) and showing a persons rank too just to prove a point.

then balancing the districts over the ranges of skills... i did a chart a while ago.

essentially it was instead of having your districts based on the colours, you do it so its like

Green = 0-500, Bronze = 600-1500, Silver = 1600-2500, Gold = 2600-3500

Beginner :  0 - 800
Intermediate : 900-1800
Advanced 1900 -2800
Expert : 2900 - 3500

you'd get a good mix of similar skilled players in each district, sure some might be a bit better, but it would balance the games (provided there is the player base) 

Then you could factor in the gear that is available or equipped, but at the end of the day that is completely variable and based upon the player knowledge about available weapons.

i can buy a 3 slot from ARMAS, then buy all the mods i need at R95 and be just as "well equipped" as a R255 ...

hopefully in 3.5 they will implement cross district matchmaking so instead of 40 potential opponents of hugely different skill levels, you will have a 100-200 opponents of EXACTLY your skill level. (this is the best solution by far and is entirely possible) 

tldr - ranking system doesnt work with small player samples, needs everyone in the same pool to be effective, it has always been the issue, i also managed to break the editor i cant press enter or the up arrow 😄

• Like 1

If do not see something, it does't mean that it's not exist. If you don't see old 30 threat level, it doesn't mean that you really have only 4 levels. Anyway it's kind of elo rating behind and it's only question how to show it. 

PS: ex G6 ... how young I was ...

Edited by Ashika