Seedy

Remove indication of rank for districts - it is TOXIC!

Remove indications of rank for /d  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Remove District Rank Indicator

If there was no indication of rank before people joined a district then everyone would be on a level playing field. Golds would not be able to farm Green and bronzes for cash because they wouldn't know who was in the district prior to joining. Isn't this how it used to be in RTW times? I think that rank should be ONLY shown once a match is over in the final score board.

Why do we have segregated districts anyway? Its a target for farming! G1 were clueless game sellers; NOT (prior to taking on APB) game designers, or producers - please LO fix this horrible sick and twisted mess!

I also used to think it was very cool when a high ranked player came to a district and it was announced to the district at the top of the UI. This is something that should also be reintroduced (or simply turned back on!) becuase APB was built to make the top 1% of players feel that they were there for a reason. They were the very best!

Being Gold is an achievement that a player should be proud of and should only be achievable my the seriously upper skilled players (the top 1%).

Showing the whole player base that there is a place where, when you get allot better than a specific group of players, you can go and farm them for extra rewards as is happening across the board right now, is seriously toxic and needs to be removed as soon as possible!

Edited by Seedy
  • Like 1

doesnt the game give you an option to join un-threat related districts when you connect?

4 minutes ago, Fr3e said:

doesnt the game give you an option to join un-threat related districts when you connect?

Yeah, both waterfront and financial combined have like, 6 players in them. Totally playable.

4 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Yeah, both waterfront and financial combined have like, 6 players in them. Totally playable.

doesnt that just prove the greater playerbase doesn't want to play with no threat? 

200w.webp

Edited by Fr3e

14 minutes ago, Fr3e said:

doesnt that just prove the greater playerbase doesn't want to play with no threat? 

Nah, the threat districts were always the place to be, open conflict also has no matchmaking and can start missions with uneven team balance, for example.

The greater playerbase just wants to join a district lower than theirs to poop on lower ranks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fr3e said:

200w.webp

Pretty much does, if ppl wanted to play without it open conflict would be populated.

5 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Nah, the threat districts were always the place to be, open conflict also has no matchmaking and can start missions with uneven team balance, for example.

The greater playerbase just wants to join a district lower than theirs to poop on lower ranks.

Doesnt the reg districts start matches with imbalanced teams as well? The point to that argument is?

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Pretty much does, if ppl wanted to play without it open conflict would be populated.

Doesnt the reg districts start matches with imbalanced teams as well? The point to that argument is?

a 1v4 mission with no backup is a lot different than 2 golds vs 5 silvers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

a 1v4 mission with no backup is a lot different than 2 golds vs 5 silvers

Im referring to matchmaking in general not pop.

47 minutes ago, Fr3e said:

yes but it will put you in a district according to your threat level

9 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Im referring to matchmaking in general not pop.

General matchmaking starts out as even as it can possibly find with option for backup.

OC just starts with what readies up right then and there (1 bronze vs 4 premade golds if threat was visible)

Hmm... I kinda like threat being shown, but I have to agree it might be better if it wasnt.

13 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

2 golds vs 5 silvers

Last time I was in a setup close to that the two enemy golds just ran meta weapons and became nigh-unstoppable

Spirits were broken that day, I'm sure of it

• Like 1

It would be better to hide player threat and level indicators instead - including social districts. Just remove everyone's indicator and let the server continue to arrange parties based on present threat ranking system.

they must hide players and districts threat not rank..actually dats it.."show recommended tab" check by default and hide threat so players dont abuse it-matchmaking fixed

Edited by BingoBookBG

I guess you are inspired by consoles?

Also it wouldn't stop dethreaters... at all. They would still abuse system and be even less visible.

I like ranks for one sole reason - to compare chances - that's what they are about.

Can we please post suggestions in the correct subforums 😞

Moved.

11 minutes ago, Lixil said:

Moved.

Quite sure someone else could've suggested that, but wouldn't be against the rules to bring another suggestion into a suggestion thread? 🤔 ...nevermind.

On topic: I agree that visible rank only helps people to get biased about their team mates and opposition, and given how this game is, it usually encourages more toxicity than competition imho.

I'm fine with threat becoming invisible, although I still would like to keep the shiny rank symbol above my head.

Although that's just me fortifying my internet-ego... maybe...

3 hours ago, Lixil said:

Moved.

No, your job is sorting threads now.