MattScott

Clarification on Fight Club comments

Hi everyone,

This one is on me. I spent the last two weeks meeting with a portion of the team for 12 hours a day to map out the future of APB: Reloaded.

I got excited about some things we have been playing with, and I made a vague/not-so-vague comment in a thread that completely derailed it.

I usually don't delete or remove forum threads, but in this case I've decided to do it, because the information I gave was poorly handled.

Ultimately I shouldn't have said anything at all. 

Not because of the negative reaction that followed, but because I didn't provide enough information. My comment made it sound like Fight Club was being removed entirely and sooner than the new mode will be ready. I'll do better with information in the future.

Here is where we're headed:

- There is a new mode coming fairly quickly. I'll be posting more details as soon as possible when I get the final feedback from development, but I intentionally want to wait till we have completed work on the servers and lag. 

- Internally the new mode is being called "Riot". It will go to OTW long before we add it to production, and we can run it as a replacement to Open Conflict. 

- I'll take a harder look at Fight Club to create a better strategy for fixing the issues I have with it. Nothing is going to change without a lot more discussion with the community and testing.

We are new, and I want to start adding new content, but that should never involve destroying anything that players are having fun with right now.

Sorry,

Matt

EDIT: I went ahead and made the original thread visible for reference. I have locked it, just to insure that players don't continue to read it and panic.

• Like 51
  • Thanks 28

Thank you for the clarification, i'm sure this will put a lot of people at ease. 

• Like 5

It's no problem, you just spooked a lot of people with it. You're still new to us, and we're not used to the owners of the game talking to us. We all had a knee jerk reaction to your statement

Edited by IROCkiller
  • Like 6

You know things are serious when Matt puts "Sorry, Matt" instead of "Thanks, Matt"

We still appreciate you, Matt! ❤️

• Like 6

I dont think the information that was given after the initial edit was poorly handled. It was pretty clear already.

People just dont want another Battle Royale mode over what we have already. Or not doing something with open conflict first since that is pretty much unused.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog
  • Like 2

Not sure what is wrong with FC, ive been playing it for long time already.

Well at least baylan is the funniest for me.

Open conflict was allways empty, at least when i tried to play it... not sure why making another would be any better? I am really confused.

ironically, we DID start a bit of a riot 

;3

In any case, 

Thanks for Clearing some information up, Matt

• Like 3

Ples no BRiot.

Hopefully it's something cool. 

2 minutes ago, PogoTheClown said:

Just toss low yields in the bin and all is forgiven my guy

-1 nade fixes them by like 80%.

It's straight up just not a well thought out concept. There's a reason high golds have considered it embarrassing to use since the year it was added. 

The amount of nades you carry is just part of it.

Edited by PogoTheClown

Thanks for the transparency, much unlike what we've seen before. 

9 minutes ago, PogoTheClown said:

Just toss low yields in the bin and all is forgiven my guy

When you dont know that is meant to be used with flak jacket...

• Thanks 2

Am I the only one who thinks LO are freaking cool? just look at this, the community are finally ascending to heaven.

keep it up Matt, you are doing a great job.

• Like 3

Please bring back beacon, I miss that fight club map!

• Like 7

You improve your performance step by step, and tell us about your mistakes, which are certainly numerous, but not so serious. And I start to appreciate you, I said "start" XD

Look guys, this is the perfect example of the word, catastrotunity. I learned of this word years ago watching Penguins of Madagascar TV show (love it more than classical spongebob). What does catastrotunity mean? Something that would have been a catastrophe but turned into something positive or an opportunity. Matt slipped and said he would shut down FC. PEople obviously got worried and now he cleared it up. Not only is FC staying for a bit but the team was working on new content that we didnt know about before. 

Im glad you are working on better servers and performance before releasing any content. You know there will be a surge of pop with Riot being released but if the servers are crap, it would just be a slap to the face.

• Like 4

Well atleast we get to keep baylan ❤️ thank you for clarification matt

Any ETA on dates?

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

This one is on me. I spent the last two weeks meeting with a portion of the team for 12 hours a day to map out the future of APB: Reloaded.

I got excited about some things we have been playing with, and I made a vague/not-so-vague comment in a thread that completely derailed it.

I usually don't delete or remove forum threads, but in this case I've decided to do it, because the information I gave was poorly handled.

Ultimately I shouldn't have said anything at all. 

Not because of the negative reaction that followed, but because I didn't provide enough information. My comment made it sound like Fight Club was being removed entirely and sooner than the new mode will be ready. I'll do better with information in the future.

Here is where we're headed:

- There is a new mode coming fairly quickly. I'll be posting more details as soon as possible when I get the final feedback from development, but I intentionally want to wait till we have completed work on the servers and lag. 

- Internally the new mode is being called "Riot". It will go to OTW long before we add it to production, and we can run it as a replacement to Open Conflict. 

- I'll take a harder look at Fight Club to create a better strategy for fixing the issues I have with it. Nothing is going to change without a lot more discussion with the community and testing.

We are new, and I want to start adding new content, but that should never involve destroying anything that players are having fun with right now.

Sorry,

Matt

EDIT: I went ahead and made the original thread visible for reference. I have locked it, just to insure that players don't continue to read it and panic.

if youre looking for fc suggestions id recommend this thread from one of our most established posters - fc map location suggestions

while fc has issues with spawns and balance and basically everything i honestly think its just something that cant be fixed on such small, chaotic maps, and in that case variety is the way to go imo

as the thread states some locations would need more work than others, but a majority would simply be prop placement which i assume isnt all that difficult

EDIT: apparently theres something weird in the thread that trips some security stuff, but its just a link to the old forums - https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/328441-fight-club-maps/

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

*snip*

Thanks for the clarification, still love you man. 

1 hour ago, MOAB said:

FC is the only reason I still have APB on my PC. Don't be too hasty.

Me too thanks. But I think as long as FC is populated it may stay, but we'll have to see what the new Riot mode brings us, if it makes FC obsolete then we can't fight it, but until then, where else will I get those 400JT per week?

26 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

while fc has issues with spawns and balance and basically everything i honestly think its just something that cant be fixed on such small, chaotic maps, and in that case variety is the way to go imo

Since FC is just smaller parts of the district maps right now, it would be easier to fix than the mission districts as a whole which have the same problems on a larger scale.

Adding extra locations doesn't fix the problem and would make gameplay just as problematic as it is already. Why side step the problem when you can fix it and expand on it.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog