TheTankBal

Deleting The Music Theme Folder Will Get Me Banned?

so ya will removing the music theme folder in the game files get me banned now? im asking since we cant use the advanced launcher any more. i dont care much for the death themes since most r just troll 1 note themes that r cancer. i've been playing APB like this ever since i find out i can do that at mute all themes. please LO just let use have this one. i realy dont care for death themes. 

likely the same issue as advanced launcher where messing with the files could get bad now that we're getting a client side anticheat

hopefully also like advanced launcher seperate volume sliders are something they'll try to implement ingame

I mean. Your kinda asking them if you can disable a core feature in the game. Themes are one of the very unique things this game has, and you want no part in them. I get that they can be annoying, and in reality its not all that often you run across a bad one, But they are a core feature. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Progeekzy said:

I mean. Your kinda asking them if you can disable a core feature in the game. Themes are one of the very unique things this game has, and you want no part in them. I get that they can be annoying, and in reality its not all that often you run across a bad one, But they are a core feature. 

it really should be an option though, regardless of how unique it is 

• Like 1

I wish we could lose those damned joker machine annoyance files.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, -Rachel- said:

I wish we could lose those damned joker machine annoyance files.

i use to till G1 did the whole no edit files thing. Man i hate that crap. Just trying to get your load out together and JOKER AMMO!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Progeekzy said:

i use to till G1 did the whole no edit files thing. Man i hate that crap. Just trying to get your load out together and JOKER AMMO!!!

Yeah I used to as well. That was the best edit ever.

• Like 1

i dont have a problem with the music as to i delete it as well...because when other people play stuffs we cant hear their music sounds FKING LOUD AFFFFFFFFFF

From day 1 that i  started playing this game i made a backup folder in the DefaultMusicLibrary and put all the  mp3 files in it,  just so i wouldn't have to listen to some one blasting music every 10 feet in the game lol 

you do have to throw the files back into the default folder before updating or it will re-download all the mp3,s 

Well, make it a suggestion for the future, an option to disable music and annoying ambient sounds. I am totally in for that. But well, if TankBal got banned then for something completely different.

atleast have it so a can mute death themes from the in-game settings. i know im not the only one that doesnt care for death themes. i wouldnt mind them if 99.9% of them wheren't those 1 note troll themes. for every one gr8t death theme there r 40+ 1 note troll themes... 

4 minutes ago, utilizator said:

how about an option to report ear raping troll themes?

You can already do that. Just record them using their theme when you die and send it up to support.

Nine times out of ten they will go onto the person's account and delete the theme or ban them for a week or two and delete the theme.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, utilizator said:

how about an option to report ear raping troll themes?

The nice and friendly PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIWEIEUQWRAHZRURUREUURUER ones ? 

yep pls 

4 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

You can already do that. Just record them using their theme when you die and send it up to support.

Nine times out of ten they will go onto the person's account and delete the theme or ban them for a week or two and delete the theme.

Yeah but an option to do that would streamline things, not everyone can record or has it setup.

3 minutes ago, utilizator said:

Yeah but an option to do that would streamline things, not everyone can record or has it setup.

Probably in the future. Right now I would rather them get an anti cheat that detects actual programs and not a stupid statistic analyzer that can give false positives.

No one is stopping you from removing music files from the game files in the first place. Until they get something like battle eye, modifying the game is of no real issue unless it alters the way the game is seen by the server.

18 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

Probably in the future. Right now I would rather them get an anti cheat that detects actual programs and not a stupid statistic analyzer that can give false positives.

From what I have read, G1 did not pay Gameblocks to congigure/tune Fairfight.

So the assumption being that GI configured Fairfight themselves, and evidently not very successfully. 

They must have had an extremely limited operating budget, kind of sad actually.

With a properly tuned Fairfight & Battleye, it should be pretty effective.

1 minute ago, Westford said:

From what I have read, G1 did not pay Gameblocks to congigure/tune Fairfight.

So the assumption being that GI configured Fairfight themselves, and evidently not very successfully. 

They must have had an extremely limited operating budget, kind of sad actually.

With a properly tuned Fairfight & Battleye, it should be pretty effective.

Considering all we've learned, I'm shocked they ever managed to release the game on consoles.

I think it's fine but when the game gets patched, you should probably stop messing with the game files just to be on the safer side.

Make a suggestion, i don't see why it couldn't be an option ingame.

Can't use the advanced launcher now? Bummer.

10 minutes ago, Rumple said:

Can't use the advanced launcher now? Bummer.

Haven't been allowed to for a long time.

25 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

Haven't been allowed to for a long time.

Thats not true at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flylow said:

Thats not true at all.

I remember Tiggs saying it's not allowed like, a year ago?

1 minute ago, Evagelyne said:

tiggs has always said that the advanced launcher is the only acceptable file alteration

there was an issue with being able to remove explosions and stuff but iirc they either fixed that or gave up 

2 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

Never heard that, and definitely was actively used by many even when Tiggs was around. I guess they didn't/couldn't enforce it if she really said that.