Luminesca

Let's talk about FC

28 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

I never thought Fight Club was really suitable for APB, as there's so many other games that provide a better experience for those type of modes, and it felt like it was just thrown in and never balanced afterwards. However, there's plenty of people who have a hard time playing the original action districts for one reason or another, who frequently play Fight Club instead. Hopefully a new improved mode, that would be more along the style of APB, would be a good replacement.

Open Conflict districts see no usage at the moment since there's really no purpose to them while everyone is just able to join the silver district instead. But instead of removing them, I'd rather see hard threat lock being reintroduced again, so only golds can join gold district, silvers joining silver districts and so forth, until the moment matchmaking and threat levels can be overhauled properly. Open Conflict would then fill the function of cross-threat grouping.

And while we're on the topic of cleaning up among districts and such, green threat should be merged with the bronze threat levels. The green districts are empty, and if players don't know about the advanced tab for district selections, they'll be placed in empty districts without ever seeing any other players, and then lose interesting in the game.

I have a much better description I was working on for my own post in the future, but I think there should be 2 threat levels of districts in place.
A quick breakdown for current threat system would be essentially a district for Green/Bronze (Bronze if you get rid of Green), and a district for everybody.
This way you can have a "new player/casual" district and then a "normal" district.

I really need to finish writing up my post so I can actually post it. My idea would be much better understood with everything else I wrote.

Edited by Neonis

37 minutes ago, PogoTheClown said:

oi 

@MattScott

if we're on the road to deleting things, could you add low yields and the hvr to the list 

why deleting low yields grenades? just asking.

1 hour ago, Excalibur! said:

you can kill more which is the core purpose of the game.

1345303227139_9290790.png

3 hours ago, Serro said:

Yikes, Fight club is all I have ever played in this game for the past 6 years.

He said he's replacing it with something better.  Matt is the best!~

yes pls remove low yields and hvr thanks!! 

why the FUCK would you ever consider deleting FC.

You do know there are a LOT of players who ONLY play because of FC. And if all the signs are pointing to what this new mode might be are true, then you're going to lose quite a few dedicated players who play every day because that mode is NOT a suitable replacement. Infact, no mode is. FC is really unique, since it cannot be replicated in pretty much any game besides GTA and GTA is too slow pace for the action brought into play by FC.

I mean I wouldn't be typing this message if it wasn't for FC, because I would have quit nearly 4 years ago as FC is the only thing that kept me around. Hell, being able to log into FC is the still practically the only reason I play.

PS: I skipped a ton of pages of discussion (aka all of it) because honestly I could care less about the opinions of others on this topic. I came to dump my 2 cents and leave, since 7 pages is already too far for me to care to read. So if what I said has been said, then cool just add my post to the please for the love of god keep fc you're making a terrible mistake vote pile.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My opinion on this:

- Baylan = Stay. 

- Asylum = Go aways.. shu shu.. 

- OC = BE GONE EVIL DEMON!!

New game mode (optional choice):

- Racing. 

- NO BATTLE ROYALE!!!! No.. just no... 

- Shooting range for social (it's a bit off-topic, but still... ) to test new weapons. All weapons can be taken and tested inside of it (Armas / Legendary / Contact) with all mode of your choice.

- Duels - 1vs1 / 2vs2/... .... ... /10vs10 (for clans to show who's the kind /queen). Baylan should be good for such mode, not too big and not too small.

That's my opinion, if you don't like it, send me your in-game name (citadel only) and I'll send you a symbol. :3

11 minutes ago, Fur said:

You do know there are a LOT of players who ONLY play because of FC. And if all the signs are pointing to what this new mode might be are true, then you're going to lose quite a few dedicated players who play every day because that mode is NOT a suitable replacement. Infact, no mode is. FC is really unique, since it cannot be replicated in pretty much any game besides GTA and GTA is too slow pace for the action brought into play by FC.

I mean I wouldn't be typing this message if it wasn't for FC, because I would have quit nearly 4 years ago as FC is the only thing that kept me around. Hell, being able to log into FC is the still practically the only reason I play.

PS: I skipped a ton of pages of discussion (aka all of it) because honestly I could care less about the opinions of others on this topic. I came to dump my 2 cents and leave, since 7 pages is already too far for me to care to read. So if what I said has been said, then cool just add my post to the please for the love of god keep fc you're making a terrible mistake vote pile.

would an anarchy district with objectives be a suitable replacement for fc in your opinion?

New maps in fight club

wooooooooooooooo

Edited by Deadliest

3 hours ago, Dopefish said:

I never thought Fight Club was really suitable for APB, as there's so many other games that provide a better experience for those type of modes, and it felt like it was just thrown in and never balanced afterwards. However, there's plenty of people who have a hard time playing the original action districts for one reason or another, who frequently play Fight Club instead. Hopefully a new improved mode, that would be more along the style of APB, would be a good replacement.

A quick and easy free flowing casual mode is suitable for any game. Every game needs a casual mode where people can go in and just play their game at its core without worrying about wait times or "tactics" or locations and just frag it out.

Besides, why would people want to go to another game when they like APB over other games?

https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2011/09/entering-open-beta-home-stretch-part-i.html

The first answer we are pursuing is "Fight Club" / "Proving Grounds," now scheduled as our 1.5.4 release. These missions, which you will be able to trigger directly from the district select screen, are the first iteration of what will become a series of dedicated matches that teams and players can launch and get a pre-defined "tweak-able" experience. We will also be able to tune what is included in the pre-defined experience on a weekly or monthly basis until we have given it the right length/content/feel (and take player feedback on which encounters are the most engaging and fun).

The idea is to give you the chance to jump in to a violent 10 v 10 (or similar) death-match or territory capture in a very small isolated portion of a district (which - by the way - also solves some 32-bit and low spec machine issues by being much smaller than the standard districts) for intense short-burst action. Think of it as a PuG clan fight, but with open ended groups/teams on each side and without all the Clan Mechanics.

While this provides insta-match content for players to experience, it also helps us try out new map changes and game-types which if successful, will be added to the main game maps as well.

We will have a whole post about these insta-missions, and how it relates to other districts and features still under development.

1 hour ago, Fur said:

As a player with over 85% of their time in FC, i would definitely be playing the game less if FC wasn't around at all. I can agree that deathmatch style modes are becoming a rarity nowdays.

Even though FC should be casual free for all chaos style mode it still needs a restructure, it needs expansion. Just as much as the districts themselves need mission restructures and expansions.

Spawn locations and map design need to be improved most of all but that can be said for the whole game.

Asylum should be re purposed because its far to big for any kind structure to spawns or locations of the current mission objectives it plays out.

Most of the time the only difference between Fight Club and Districts is that its in one location with more people.

Most people who have said they dont want them dont even play Fight Club and dont understand what makes fight club flight club. Fight Club has just as much potential as districts, it just needs some love.

Its right in the name. "Fight Club"

Maybe if the server performance was improved we'd see more people playing the game in general AND fight club.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Just for clarity, I think we've designed something that fills the spot that FC was intended to from a gameplay / reward stand point.

The problem with FC is in the implementation. It's using a small corner of an existing district, and frame rate will always be a problem till we fix it.

Ultimately we'll let the players decide.

If they really like FC and want it to stay, then I'm 100% fine with that.

We can run the new mode in place of OC, but I'm super excited to get players feedback on something entirely new.

Thanks,
Matt

EDIT: Nothing is getting removed till the new mode is ready, and we'll likely beta test the new mode long before that.

Jesus Matt, you almost gave me a heart attack.  I looked like my profile pic for a second there.  FC in Asylum is one of my favorite parts of APB.  Please don't take that away.  OC is just a copy of the normal game without matchmaking, so please just replace that instead.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 1

Honestly do not care as long as there is a better way to get joker tickets.

at least 70% of my playing time is fight club. don't do this to me 😧 

1 hour ago, Fur said:

I would have left too, i agree with this comment.

I can't believe we're having dialogue about game modes, when APB is practically unplayable right now…

From a business standpoint, "Battle Royale" IMO is the best, if not only game mode that should be implemented.  Like it, or hate it, (I'm not a huge fan myself), it's popular right now, and will attract people to this game, which will be needed after the excessive fail that has been going on since the LO purchase. If you incentivize it for "BR" players to do missions, (unlock skins, clothes, etc..), you will  have a chance at strengthening the population long term.

Why get rid of Open Conflicts?...just make all the servers OC. This whole match making nonsense is played out. Get back to basics...you K' up...you play.

• Like 2

So you remove FC which is full most of the time? I understand open conflict cuz its ded

I hope it is not the lame battle royale stuff, which the old staff worked on.

FC is stupid anyway, so getting rid of it is a good move. There's alot of better games that do that type of arena match better.

APB is about action districts and the small teams dynamics.

That's the meat of the game, that is what it is supposed to be done right, that is what LO should be focused in delivering a good experience.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Spoiler: I am going to get rid of Fight Club and Open Conflict.

Besides the awkward FPS problems, I don't feel either of these are fulfilling their role in the game at all.

We're 100% focused on cleaning up the lag and server performance right now.

But as soon as that's done, and the game is playing smoother, then I'll announce the new mode that will be replacing them.

EDIT: FC will stay in until we fully release the new mode, and we see a significant drop off in FC players. Apologies for upsetting anyone. My excitement got the better of me in this post.

Thanks,
Matt

I just saw this thread was made 6 hr ago and already at 7 pages. Now I know why so many replies :classic_laugh:

Matt, for vets or atleast for me, FC is the only place if I ever log in to go to. Taking that out would be a big blow. Missions end up pissing you off so quickly that its been too many years since Ive stayed longer than one or two missons. There are too many things wrong that makes missinging enjoyable for a long period of time, FC is all about killing each other without the worry of so many other factors. FC needs work, definitely, but in its current state its a good way to "blow off steam" after having some bad missions. 

7 hours ago, MattScott said:

Spoiler: I am going to get rid of Fight Club

Thanks,
Matt

WTF?

if you remove fight club you're actually managing to go backwards and be stupider than G1 LMAO

nobody wants to give up something they like for something you claim we will like. all the people who don't care if its gone don't play it so don't listen to anything they say.