Luminesca

Let's talk about FC

now im really curious what the new mode will be

2 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

It's already been stated (multiple times now) that no new content will release before UE3.5 (with bigger content being held off until after UE4).

i mean if u wrote "before" or "after" would of been better than that reply tho

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Spoiler: I am going to get rid of Fight Club and Open Conflict.

Besides the awkward FPS problems, I don't feel either of these are fulfilling their role in the game at all.

We're 100% focused on cleaning up the lag and server performance right now.

But as soon as that's done, and the game is playing smoother, then I'll announce the new mode that will be replacing them.

EDIT: FC will stay in until we fully release the new mode, and we see a significant drop off in FC players. Apologies for upsetting anyone. My excitement got the better of me in this post.

Thanks,
Matt

Wow how couldnt i read this? Removing fc? Well there is no point to keep playing apb then... how sad.

1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:

Wow how couldnt i read this? Removing fc? Well there is no point to keep playing apb then... how sad.

gg ez, n00b team. 🙂

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

now im really curious what the new mode will be

LNw48oC.png

a8b5GvE.gif

4 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

what’s wrong with removing a game mode that takes all of apb’s problems and smashes them into a super small area

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

LNw48oC.png

a8b5GvE.gif

god no

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

what’s wrong with removing a game mode that takes all of apb’s problems and smashes them into a super small area

Problems? I see plenty of solutions playing fc... and for me, its funnier because you can kill more which is the core purpose of the game.

Hi all,

Just for clarity, I think we've designed something that fills the spot that FC was intended to from a gameplay / reward stand point.

The problem with FC is in the implementation. It's using a small corner of an existing district, and frame rate will always be a problem till we fix it.

Ultimately we'll let the players decide.

If they really like FC and want it to stay, then I'm 100% fine with that.

We can run the new mode in place of OC, but I'm super excited to get players feedback on something entirely new.

Thanks,
Matt

EDIT: Nothing is getting removed till the new mode is ready, and we'll likely beta test the new mode long before that.

There will always be a vocal minority of players who will not like new ideas. APB has been in the same state for so long, it might take time for people to see how any changes could be good for the game.

5 minutes ago, speee said:

There will always be a vocal minority of players who will not like new ideas. APB has been in the same state for so long, it might take time for people to see how any changes could be good for the game.

There will also always be bad ideas too.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

There will also always be bad ideas too.

How can we call it a bad idea when we have not seen the idea.

Edited by speee

Well no one knows what the new gamemode is and fightclub is the only place to go "TDM"
I mean leave baylan or beacon, don't fully remove fightclub

Hi all,

Just for clarity, I think we've designed something that fills the spot that FC was intended to from a gameplay / reward stand point.

The problem with FC is in the implementation. It's using a small corner of an existing district, and frame rate will always be a problem till we fix it.

We can run the new mode in place of OC, but I'm super excited to get players feedback on something entirely new.

Thanks,
Matt

EDIT: Nothing is getting removed till the new mode is ready, and we'll likely beta test the new mode long before that.

If I remember, Open Conflict was purely introduced to harvest data about matchmaking in order to improve upon it. Which of course, never went anywhere and the district type ended up being dead within a week. So yes, replacing OC with something new is good, but removing FC is bad. FC is a pretty good map type, it was just implemented and managed horribly over the past few years.

Fight Club is fun but its pretty savage in there. I'm glad its going to be removed for something new. maybe later they can do a rotation on game modes like on fortnite.

6 minutes ago, speee said:

Oh I didnt mean this one per say.

I thought we were just making generalizations.

Edited by CookiePuss

7 minutes ago, speee said:

I agree with this, but proposing an idea and saying we're losing something, then not being told what we're gaining in return besides "something new" strikes fear in people, we're being told we're losing something a lot of people love, but given nearly no info on what we're getting in return. I'd be fine if they shook up the weapon meta tomorrow, but I am fearful of what this new mode might be because if I end up hating it, this new mode could kill off FC, and if I dislike this new mode and it takes away FC, I may have even less of a reason to play and I don't like that thought given how awful things are currently and how much I have to push myself to play even semi-regularly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Oh I didnt mean this one per say.

I thought we were just making generalizations.

I think we need to see changes in practice, hence OTW. I am afraid people are going to convince LO to back off from certain changes which could be good for the game in the long run. I think OTW should be utilized to its fullest for this reason. Hopefully LO will see the importance of OTW and make its existence more apparent.

7 minutes ago, speee said:

I think we need to see changes in practice, hence OTW. I am afraid people are going to convince LO to back off from certain changes which could be good for the game in the long run. I think OTW should be utilized to its fullest for this reason. Hopefully LO will see the importance of OTW and make its existence more apparent.

Agreed.

And at some point LO will have to consider the opinions of the current players against the possibility of bringing in new players... that is, what we (the current players) want might not be whats best for the game.

14 minutes ago, Similarities said:

I agree with this, but proposing an idea and saying we're losing something, then not being told what we're gaining in return besides "something new" strikes fear in people, we're being told we're losing something a lot of people love, but given nearly no info on what we're getting in return. I'd be fine if they shook up the weapon meta tomorrow, but I am fearful of what this new mode might be because if I end up hating it, this new mode could kill off FC, and if I dislike this new mode and it takes away FC, I may have even less of a reason to play and I don't like that thought given how awful things are currently and how much I have to push myself to play even semi-regularly.

For this reason it might be beneficial for MattScott to hold off on any announcements or hints until things are ready to roll out to OTW. It is not the idea that is the problem, it is how people are reacting to a supposed hint at potential changes. I have seen this happen with games who release trailers far too early in development and get a bad wrap when people see pre-alpha footage of a game that has potential to be great with a few years of development.

Game development is a creative endeavor, not a democracy. It is clear that MattScott and the team have big plans for APB, so they are going to do what makes sense to reach those goals. 

Edited by speee

1 minute ago, speee said:

Game development is a creative endeavor, not a democracy.

Agree 1000%

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

I never thought Fight Club was really suitable for APB, as there's so many other games that provide a better experience for those type of modes, and it felt like it was just thrown in and never balanced afterwards. However, there's plenty of people who have a hard time playing the original action districts for one reason or another, who frequently play Fight Club instead. Hopefully a new improved mode, that would be more along the style of APB, would be a good replacement.

Open Conflict districts see no usage at the moment since there's really no purpose to them while everyone is just able to join the silver district instead. But instead of removing them, I'd rather see hard threat lock being reintroduced again, so only golds can join gold district, silvers joining silver districts and so forth, until the moment matchmaking and threat levels can be overhauled properly. Open Conflict would then fill the function of cross-threat grouping.

And while we're on the topic of cleaning up among districts and such, green threat should be merged with the bronze threat levels. The green districts are empty, and if players don't know about the advanced tab for district selections, they'll be placed in empty districts without ever seeing any other players, and then lose interest in the game.

Edited by Dopefish
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Similarities said:

What weapon meta? There will be patch tomorrow?

18 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

I never thought Fight Club was really suitable for APB, as there's so many other games that provide a better experience for those type of modes, and it felt like it was just thrown in and never balanced afterwards. However, there's plenty of people who have a hard time playing the original action districts for one reason or another, who frequently play Fight Club instead. Hopefully a new improved mode, that would be more along the style of APB, would be a good replacement.

Open Conflict districts see no usage at the moment since there's really no purpose to them while everyone is just able to join the silver district instead. But instead of removing them, I'd rather see hard threat lock being reintroduced again, so only golds can join gold district, silvers joining silver districts and so forth, until the moment matchmaking and threat levels can be overhauled properly. Open Conflict would then fill the function of cross-threat grouping.

And while we're on the topic of cleaning up among districts and such, green threat should be merged with the bronze threat levels. The green districts are empty, and if players don't know about the advanced tab for district selections, they'll be placed in empty districts without ever seeing any other players, and then lose interesting in the game.

Do you actually want to enforce dethreat? What??????????????