Luminesca

Let's talk about FC

Asylum > Baylen any day. The state of FC is the same as its been for yrs. With everything LO is working on FC will eventually be addressed but for now you gota deal with how it is and if u dont want to then play in the reg districts.

26 minutes ago, bezzzz said:

No cuz asylum is trash, silvers shouldnt have input on the game, thats why this game has died anyways.

Maby its ppl like you who hate on any skill lvl lower then top tier thats killing the game?

Edited by Darkzero3802

Just now, Kiida said:

I disagree. When I was new to APB I found missions to be difficult, so I decided to try FC and loved how easy it was to learn how to use guns there and build up situational awareness.

Yeah well, that's right, but it is also stressing and does not provide any progress towards unlocks and such, and neither provides map awareness for tactical playing when it comes to these op spots you have in Waterfront and Financial where a strong team work is required to attempt to win, that's what I mean.

Other than gun&run, imo FC neither does contribute to the MMO atmosphere when you have 80 to 100 players playing 2v2 or 4v4 missions but then the only "massive" matches you can get are in FC while it is a chaotic death-match mode, but we all like different things so I'm not against it, I just don't see the purpose other than having fun and learn the guns.

Also I think they added Asylum as a sneak peak of a map in progress they never finished if I remember right?

I'm okay with removing Open Conflict in favor of the Survival gamemode that you're hinting at but removing FC is a tremendous mistake because the new mode will not fill in the gap it will leave.

• Like 1

It's extremely obvious that this new mode is Battle Royale. It's the current mainstream fad, and this game is already setup to accommodate it with only a minimal amount of dev work.

3 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

It's extremely obvious that this new mode is Battle Royale. It's the current mainstream fad, and this game is already setup to accommodate it with only a minimal amount of dev work.

There's an holiday event, that's already scripted. Free roam with free for all.  Now they just gotta add parachutes and plane, weapon/gear pickups and circles and you have a working BR.

5 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Yeah well, that's right, but it is also stressing and does not provide any progress towards unlocks and such, and neither provides map awareness for tactical playing when it comes to these op spots you have in Waterfront and Financial where a strong team work is required to attempt to win, that's what I mean.

I might have to disagree here; I do think the constant rush of what goes on in FC does help to make your more aware of your surroundings in general because of the sheer amounts of chaos that happens in certain locations. That general knowledge can be applied to missions really well if you're any bit decent at the game.

As for unlocks, you're right for the most part but I've gotten my roles leveled up which is needed for the higher mods and slotted weapons 1000x faster than if i were to be grinding missions averaging like 10 kills a mission (take into account waiting for opposition as well) as opposed to getting 30-50 kills in a 15 minutes time period

There's a lot of people that like APB's combat, customization, and moment-to-moment gameplay, but don't like the higher pressure of small 2v2-4v4 missions nor the large amount of downtime in mission districts.

APB needs to have a "pick up and play" game mode to retain that portion of the playerbase. I don't know if Battle Royale will necessarily fill that niche, but it very well might. Removing an entire game mode like FC definitely needs to have a lot of thought and communication with the playerbase put in. Open Conflict is a different story, since it's currently just a private scrim district in practice and otherwise is pretty much always empty.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:

Anyone else experiencing lag in fc right now or its just me, no one answers me.

The server crashed/got DDoS'd again not long ago so if it is that's probably why. I'm not online to check right now.

Edited by Kiida

DO NOT remove fight club! It's become a staple in the game at this point. Either create an equivalent to fight club where we can get a lot of kills per round, or just don't even touch it.

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Spoiler: I am going to get rid of Fight Club and Open Conflict.

Besides the awkward FPS problems, I don't feel either of these are fulfilling their role in the game at all.

We're 100% focused on cleaning up the lag and server performance right now.

But as soon as that's done, and the game is playing smoother, then I'll announce the new mode that will be replacing them.

EDIT: FC will stay in until we fully release the new mode, and we see a significant drop off in FC players. Apologies for upsetting anyone. My excitement got the better of me in this post.

Thanks,
Matt

Only thing that I have been playing since I have started playing again, since missions are just too stressful with all the lag. I will be very disappointed if you replace it with a boring battle royale game mode. 

Edited by PancakePower

2 minutes ago, Kiida said:

The server crashed/got DDoS'd again not long ago so if it is that's probably why. I'm not online to check right now.

I see ty, probably on mitigation.

Hi guys,

Besides the awkward FPS problems, I don't feel either of these are fulfilling their role in the game at all.

But as soon as that's done, and the game is playing smoother, then I'll announce the new mode that will be replacing them.

EDIT: FC will stay in until we fully release the new mode, and we see a significant drop off in FC players. Apologies for upsetting anyone. My excitement got the better of me in this post.

Thanks,
Matt

I basically play APB just for Asylum, so this news is rather upsetting. I'll stay optimistic for the new mode but... I really like Asylum. 

A revamped fight club could be a very interesting and fresh take on the game. New game modes, areas of the map, and hopefully better server performance could easily be a better option than the current Baylan HVR spam and 20 FPSlyum.

6 minutes ago, Serro said:

I might have to disagree here; I do think the constant rush of what goes on in FC does help to make your more aware of your surroundings in general because of the sheer amounts of chaos that happens in certain locations. That general knowledge can be applied to missions really well if you're any bit decent at the game.

As for unlocks, you're right for the most part but I've gotten my roles leveled up which is needed for the higher mods and slotted weapons 1000x faster than if i were to be grinding missions averaging like 10 kills a mission (take into account waiting for opposition as well) as opposed to getting 30-50 kills in a 15 minutes time period

Well, you made a good point there, and I agree FC then serves the purpose for mods unlocking by progressing roles way faster, as an Action Districts player I can tell unlocking mods takes longer for my secondary characters than what it did with my main which I used to grind FC a lot in the past.

But I still doubt that getting into the chaos of a FC mode would help to get awareness of your surroundings, I think it helps a lot to improve reaction on corners and awareness in the sense camera panning habits to identify enemy spots but it still don't help for team play.

A lot of experienced players struggle in missions when they don't have a team and are fighting against coordinated players, even being yourself a max rank gold vs a couple of bronze and silver guys who are recently crossing the learning curve you can easily lose a match because of the good communication and map awareness of the opposite team no matter how many kills you made. Yet I insist, I'm not against FC but interested in every new thing we can try disregarding if it implies removing it.

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Matt

So... are you adding structure building after or at the same time you Open the New battle royal district? 😕  😞 :classic_unsure:

Hi guys,

On this episode of Time Team... The Team discovers the ancient burial sight of the long lost "Baylan Shipping Storage"

Ssd26sb.jpg

Edited by WOLFABLE

23 minutes ago, Luminesca said:

There's an holiday event, that's already scripted. Free roam with free for all.  Now they just gotta add parachutes and plane, weapon/gear pickups and circles and you have a working BR.

That would turn APB into something its not. APB is a cop vs robber mmo not a military fight in all diff places game. Your talking about changing APB completely and a BR just doesnt fit into what APB is.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Luminesca said:

And a Llama...don't forget that 🤨

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Matt

Wil the new mode be before or after UE3.5?

Oh...leave baylan tho...its the only FC without performance issue 😕

Edited by Keshi

1 minute ago, Keshi said:

Wil the new mode be before or after UE3.5?

It's already been stated (multiple times now) that no new content will release before UE3.5 (with bigger content being held off until after UE4).

Thanks,
Matt

Thank you for editing that in.