Luminesca

Let's talk about FC

1 minute ago, bezzzz said:

No cuz asylum is trash, silvers shouldnt have input on the game, thats why this game has died anyways.

i smell shite

37 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Edited by Percocet

37 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Spoiler: I am going to get rid of Fight Club and Open Conflict.

Besides the awkward FPS problems, I don't feel either of these are fulfilling their role in the game at all.

We're 100% focused on cleaning up the lag and server performance right now.

But as soon as that's done, and the game is playing smoother, then I'll announce the new mode that will be replacing them.

Thanks,
Matt

Is it going to be ROYALE ?

i hope not

11 minutes ago, MattScott said:

I'm super excited

Yeah using a corner of an existing district might be something you'd want to step away from, however cutting it off is most likely something youve thought about.

Running the new mode in place of open-conflict seems like a great idea.

Edited by Mozie
;);)

36 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

But as soon as that's done, and the game is playing smoother, then I'll announce the new mode that will be replacing them.

Thanks,
Matt

Thank you, we appreciate your effort, hopefully this month and a half of bad performance doesn't affect your games success.

1 minute ago, Kiida said:

Then stop giving your input.

6k hour social player talking about, actual gameplay... HAHAHA

2 minutes ago, MattScott said:

We can run the new mode in place of OC, but I'm super excited to get players feedback on something entirely new.

I think that would be the ideal route, don't make us FC players go cold turkey just yet.

12 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Just for clarity, I think we've designed something that fills the spot that FC was intended to from a gameplay / reward stand point.

The problem with FC is in the implementation. It's using a small corner of an existing district, and frame rate will always be a problem till we fix it.

Ultimately we'll let the players decide.

If they really like FC and want it to stay, then I'm 100% fine with that.

We can run the new mode in place of OC, but I'm super excited to get players feedback on something entirely new.

Thanks,
Matt

Yeah using a corner of an existing district might be something you'd want to step away from, however cutting it off is most likely something youve thought about.

Running the new mode in place of open-conflict seems like a great idea.

Edited by Mozie
doublepost

2 minutes ago, bezzzz said:

6k hour social player talking about, actual gameplay... HAHAHA

I've spent less than 50 hours in Social in 6500 hours of played time. I have 5 max rank characters and several other mid rank that I always use in action districts.

but k

Edited by Kiida

i think this is bad move i got many reasons for that

Edited by imnette

Just now, Kiida said:

I've spent less than 50 hours in Social in 6500 hours of played time. I have 4 max rank characters and several other mid rank that I always use in action districts.

but k

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH NICE ONE, to bad you cant fool anyone who actually plays the game.

2 minutes ago, Kiida said:

I've spent less than 50 hours in Social in 6500 hours of played time. I have 5 max rank characters and several other mid rank that I always use in action districts.

but k

Here... use this

7378823_f248.jpg

3 minutes ago, bezzzz said:

~snip~

I mean if we shouldnt listen to silvers, we probably shouldnt listen to serial cheaters either young man.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Spoiler: I am going to get rid of Fight Club and Open Conflict.

Besides the awkward FPS problems, I don't feel either of these are fulfilling their role in the game at all.

EDIT: FC will stay in until we fully release the new mode, and we see a significant drop off in FC players. Apologies for upsetting anyone. My excitement got the better of me in this post.

Thanks,
Matt

Can be the worst thing i've read on the forums XD

19 minutes ago, MattScott said:

It's using a small corner of an existing district, and frame rate will always be a problem till we fix it.

Edited by Benguin
https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2011/09/entering-open-beta-home-stretch-part-i.html

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

I mean if we shouldnt listen to silvers, we probably shouldnt listen to serial cheaters either young man.

In that case, go ahead and delete half the replies on this forum. Also you shouldn't act like you know why half the people cheated on this game anyways.

1 minute ago, bezzzz said:

Also you shouldn't act like you know why half the people cheated on this game anyways.

I mean, to win, no?

And honestly I only replied cuz you were kinda being a banana my guy.

+1 Removing FC

-1 Adding BattleRoyale modes

Also, FC never helped to newcomers to learn anything while also I'm not sure why some of the FC players seems to dislike action districts so much, as a MMO this game can provide a lot of fun doing missions where you get different scenarios that requires adaption and versatility, if I want play death-match mode all day I'd stick to other shooters with actual hitboxes and such indeed... 

Edited by Salvick

53 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Delete them all.

GG 2 EZ

You killed fight club, CookyPuss! >:c 

2 minutes ago, Salvick said:

+1 Removing FC

-1 Adding BattleRoyale modes

Also, FC never helped to newcomers to learn anything while also I'm not sure why some of the FC players seems dislike action district, as a MMO this game can provide a lot of fun doing missions where you get different scenarios that requires adaption and versatility, if I want play death-match mode all day I'd stick to other shooters with actual hitboxes and such indeed... 

I disagree. When I was new to APB I found missions to be difficult, so I decided to try FC and loved how easy it was to learn how to use guns there and build up situational awareness.

• Like 1

i dont think that removing fc is going to change much but i disagree with this move either fix fightclubs (spawns,add weapon restrictions and improve  fc mechanics)also, think its good for new players to get a touch on weapons or help people to improve just like in dm of any other game , the fact that theres going to be lot of lamers and tryhards on fc is thing you gotta deal with yourself, but in general i disagree with removing ''DM'' mode from game for mentioned reasons.
well.. lets hope that new mode can bring something similiar where people can work on their improvement except for going raw for missions, where they cant realy do anything because game is too hard due to many skilled players and lack of game knowledge,i am aware that many of us started at times when fc wasnt a thing , but it was at time when the game was pretty much new or a year two old and many players were not as good as they are now.and trust me the hours you get on fc arent worthless if you are trying to improve,infact im sure 1 hour on fc can give you so much more knowledge than hour in district.

Agree or disagree

Edited by imnette
  • Like 2

new game mode. Can't be anything other than BR. But Matt avoids saying it because BR is a meme at this point. 
Well thanks for not shutting down the game mode I play when there's no one to play missions with.

Edited by Sayori