DieselnotPetrol

First Thing That Should Of Been Done

Instead of focusing on unbanning people or even B.E. LO should of focused on the foundation the infrastructure of the game. Like the crappy servers that are some how more vulnerable to ddos attacks then any other game servers In the history of multiplayer gaming (I mean lets be honest this is a fcking joke 🙂 ). Plus even when the server aren't getting ddos still feels like poop. IDK just my 2 cent rambling I feel like you should always start from the ground up. 

the reason why they unbanned was because there was apparently a high number of false bans. 

good servers aren't practical for small companies. expensive. 

servers r fine when not being ddos'd personally

and what good is a core foundation if most of your playerbase is banned 🙂

• Like 5

They're doing things right. If you didn't notice, APB was basically dead. By unbanning most of the players that were banned either justly or falsely, they're going to increase their player base. This will look good on Steam and any other tracker out there that more people are logging in. Whether those people take their second chance to play legitimately is another thing. After the first stage is done, they're free to move forward with better server upgrades to keep the new players. Add in updates to the game and new content, and baby we've got a stew going.

21 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

the reason why they unbanned was because there was apparently a high number of false bans. 

good servers aren't practical for small companies. expensive

They weren't false LO just disagreed with g1's banning approach. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aeronaut said:

good servers aren't practical for small companies. expensive. 

Meh I knew some of the people that got banned they deserved it yes there where a few false bans. Just because LO didn't agree with some bans doesn't mean they where false. Also I think you over estimate the cost of a decent server.

Edited by DieselnotPetrol

This is rediculous. Game is unplayable while I'm actually only trying to join social. WICH DOESNT WORK

Investing in good servers is one of the most important things really.

1 hour ago, DieselnotPetrol said:

Instead of focusing on unbanning people or even B.E. LO should of focused on the foundation the infrastructure of the game. Like the crappy servers that are some how more vulnerable to ddos attacks then any other game servers In the history of multiplayer gaming (I mean lets be honest this is a fcking joke 🙂 ). Plus even when the server aren't getting ddos still feels like poop. IDK just my 2 cent rambling I feel like you should always start from the ground up. 

Should have.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, -Rachel- said:

Should have.

Thanks bud. Shoulda Coulda Woulda

Edited by DieselnotPetrol

9 hours ago, Basshead said:

Investing in good servers is one of the most important things really.

oh for sure I agree. but what's the point of having good servers when you know there's still other foundational issues lying about (weapon balance/mission balance/bugs that haven't been fixed for so long that you could probably take them to their first day of class in 3rd grade). 

you'd be presenting a pile of poop on a BMW instead of a Prius.

think we're also underestimating how intensive it is for a game being able to have 100 players (back in the good old days) each with their own customization, being allowed to play seamlessly with each other. I mean im not a programmer myself but I think there's a reason why we haven't really seen a game like APB. 

Edited by Aeronaut
  • Like 1

i like how people still think servers are being DDoS'd.

no one understands why the servers are not working properly and the company is still looking into it.

Servers run fine when they're not being "ddosed".

the first thing that should’ve been done is fixing the game

wait a minute

• Like 1

While you say fix the servers, others would argue why play APB when cheaters are running around and getting away with it...

Chicken and Egg, honestly lets just let Little Orbit do their job in a way that they feel most suitable.

13 hours ago, Fr3e said:

servers r fine when not being ddos'd personally

and what good is a core foundation if most of your playerbase is banned 🙂

12 hours ago, CrocodileTears said:

They're doing things right. If you didn't notice, APB was basically dead. By unbanning most of the players that were banned either justly or falsely, they're going to increase their player base. This will look good on Steam and any other tracker out there that more people are logging in. Whether those people take their second chance to play legitimately is another thing. After the first stage is done, they're free to move forward with better server upgrades to keep the new players. Add in updates to the game and new content, and baby we've got a stew going.

2 hours ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

i like how people still think servers are being DDoS'd.

no one understands why the servers are not working properly and the company is still looking into it.

and this folks are PEOPLE WHO HAVE A CLUE

so take notes

I agree with them

have to have a player base to have a  game

It's not like server infrastcture been "fixed" by G1 for few years with no real results. You wanna instant results from LO.

Seriously though... I blame engine for server problems.

i blame the fact no yeezys in the ARMAS marketplace tbh

200w.webp

On 6/29/2018 at 12:54 PM, CrocodileTears said:

If you didn't notice apb is still dead derp lol

Gotta love these same threads popping up every day by "Professional IT" people. "Y U UNBAN CHEATERS AND NOT FIX SERVER!!!" Jesus I got unbanned and haven't played since just because dealing with this community is giving me cancer. I have to stop myself from pressing "fo" then clicking these forums just because of brain dead threads like this.

I haven't played for 3 years so I can wait X amount of time before LO figures out how to run this potato of a game. Go play something else til they get their shot together. It's not that hard.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Signarly said:

Gotta love these same threads popping up every day by "Professional IT" people. "Y U UNBAN CHEATERS AND NOT FIX SERVER!!!" Jesus I got unbanned and haven't played since just because dealing with this community is giving me cancer. I have to stop myself from pressing "fo" then clicking these forums just because of brain dead threads like this.

I haven't played for 3 years so I can wait X amount of time before LO figures out how to run this potato of a game. Go play something else til they get their shot together. It's not that hard.

VDwBN3x.gif

SI CABRON SI, TIENES RAZON ERES MUY INTELECTO LOLQ

Notes taken, professional IT consultant. Anything else Mr. Trump?

Also, if you didn't notice, Matt has already statted they are about to test some new countermeasures against the DDoS attacks.

1 hour ago, Signarly said:

Yet you still click on the thread who really is brain dead here buddy.

17 minutes ago, DieselnotPetrol said:

still you

15 minutes ago, DieselnotPetrol said:

is this where people tell you " Y U POTATO?"

Little Orbit is working on it and has already done more than G1 did in years

I can wait and let Little Orbit do this right

Edited by Fortune Runner