Jdred

Opinions on Unbanning Everyone

This is a topic that has come up quite a few times over the past couple days in the discord. I'm curious everyone's opinion on just flat out unbanning everyone?

Personally I don't see an issue with it, considering some of the worst have already been unbanned. As long as the new staff is going to keep a close eye on whats going on that is. 

I always say: "everyone deserves a chance to change."

If unbanned person gets banned again - well fk it mate... I'd permaban you from life.

I play this game for the story, as a completionist, I try to do every single mission. For me, I couldn't care less. Actually, it would be good for me, seeing some other players around. Good stuff.

everyone's main, i suggest not every re-roll character or level 1, most likely filled with duped shit to ruin the economy thats sortof going into the right direction. i guess i vote for mains to be unbanned 😛

Just now, Kinksta said:

everyone's main, i suggest not every re-roll character or level 1, most likely filled with duped shit to ruin the economy thats sortof going into the right direction. i guess i vote for mains to be unbanned 😛

How they hell are they going to tell what is a reroll 😕

Just now, Glocky said:

How they hell are they going to tell what is a reroll 😕

they let you pick one account 🙂

Just now, Kinksta said:

they let you pick one account 🙂

My main 2 accounts are banned so that would suck for me 

Just now, Glocky said:

My main 2 accounts are banned so that would suck for me 

well.. i mean you got banned.. sooo lol, but yeah i guess. it'd just suck if people got 30 level 1s with 4 vaults full of duped shit back.

im sure you understand.

2 minutes ago, Kinksta said:

well.. i mean you got banned.. sooo lol, but yeah i guess. it'd just suck if people got 30 level 1s with 4 vaults full of duped shit back.

im sure you understand.

good point. one account back babe... work for the rest. You are unBANNED anyway 🙂 should be thankful for second chance.

Edited by Owondyah

I guess do what you feel is right I just don't think its fair to get one of my accounts back after I got banned for something I still have no clue about. I can understand why my second account is banned but don't see why I shouldn't get a second chance on both. since I only did something wrong on one account. Just don't unban accounts full of level 1s

Edited by Glocky

One of the issues with unbanning everyone is not only does it potentially unlock hordes of wealth that can be detrimental to the in-game economy as well as the monetary performance of Fallen Earth it also frees up a lot of spare accounts for people to resell again hurting the monetary value of Fallen Earth. For those that rerolled multiple times they should only be allowed to choose one account to retrieve or any accounts they had prior to being banned because some of those accounts were leveled with duped items and geared up fully with duped items. Serious offenders should be given amnesty and allowed to reroll without fear of being banned again for evasion and past offenses and those with lesser offenses (trashtalk, harassment etc.) should have their accounts reinstated completely. This is all a moot point now though but I think LO missed an opportunity to set things right in a way where those who played legitimately are given a little justice. Any unbanning should be done on a case by case basis though and accounts vaults given a once over. If somebody doesn't bother submitting a ticket then they have not much interest in playing again and would most likely sell their account.

Edited by Calais

let everyone get unbanned, I don't care at all who will come back, at least they will play again

• Like 1

I'd accept a mass unban, but there would have to be conditions.... money reset, inventory cleared, vaults cleared, and mounts removed so no duped items remain and no profits from duped items... except possibly the clothes on their backs. I'm sure some of the legit players would accept these conditions as it would take no time at all to get a new mount and farm a few new items again.

Some of the unbanned now feel invincible and are already up to their old tricks (this includes those banned for real harassment and unsavory behavior, not just those that cheat). Some of those already unbanned never should of gotten another chance in the eyes of many of FEs community, so if they have already gotten another chance might as well unban the lot. Let FE become a cess pool again and slowly weed out repeat offenders.

Unfortunately LO will be inundated with false reports of cheaters but that is nothing new. The screams of 'hacker' have already begun.

Mass unban might feel bad at first but it will sort itself out eventually, talking about economy is kind of ridiculous at this point, because it's dead anyway I don't see how it can get worse. As unbanned player I'm happy to have my original account back, having all my toons for low sectors pvp back would be nice but not really changes much for me. If population grows at least a little bit due to everyone getting unbaned I'm ok with that.  

Edited by _yy_

I believe if you were banned before, be it hacking, duping, selling chips/accounts, harassment, w/e(i can only see a few unfair bans due to tiggs)you should remain banned. The wealth of duped items in these toons vaults alone should warrant a no.

• Like 1

For everyone saying, reset items, etc. That's already too late - they unbanned Dupers for christ sakes.

Unless they committed legitimate fraud give all who apply a second chance. Unless Tiggs and co suddenly started keeping good and strong records and what not of why people got banned then all should be unbanned. I get the concern for fe's economy but FE's economy has always been shit. 90+% of the money ever in circulation through FE is likely due to an exploit. Hell even when harvesting was huge it was during a time when numerous merchants had bugged social requirements and harvesters required zero investment. FE's economy was a joke from day 1 lol:

An exploit that has a  potential income of 2 yellow an hour?

Meh we will take a year to fix this and do the most basic change of removing the nodes and a 1 week ban when people spent 6 months bitching about it, and then add in nodes with bugged mats that sell at 10 times their expected value and don't ever directly fix it.