hack

"We are close to a solution"

2 minutes ago, ilikecake said:

There's a fine line between being pessimistic and realistic tbh. but that's up to each person i guess.

There is nothing to send in this case though. This is not an isolated case for any one particular player. Them asking for /latencytest is really dumb and useless but I guess the CSR all copy paste from a script. The problem happens frequently enough all they have to do is have their "IT team" monitor it for a few hours at most and they can see it first hand themselves, which the CEO himself finally did so. After years of g1, we really don't ask for much tbh. It's not like we are asking for 128tic Faceit servers, all we ask is for the server to not act like this.

But you are right, trying to argue with someone who blatantly ignore facts and also doesn't seem to quite understand the word "inexcusable" is fruitless.
There's nothing wrong with being realistic, and you are right to state the server issues were handled a bit oddly if you ask me. On the other hand, I atleast have no idea of how big of a company we are dealing with here and how resourcefull they are in terms of dealing with these types of scenarios. For as far as I can tell, APB and Fallen Earth seems to be a big leap for them into the MMO scene. Obviously we're not dealing with a type of saviour that can turn water into wine or anything, who knows what in store for them in terms of learning how to deal with this scene, and program with networking in mind.

I know the rubberbanding was (It's gone for me atleast) obnoxiously annoying, I have experienced it in other games as well such as DayZ, PuBG and others, but I can assure you. That is not a hardware issue, not on your end and not on theirs. It is/was a programming issue that caused it, like with the games mentioned before. That doesn't make it right of course, a fault's a fault until you fix it. But it happened and might happened again because they are fiddling with the game, in a manner which G1st stopped doing ages ago, because well... they weren't good at it and it didn't rake in more money per say.
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 5:48 AM, Kiida said:

LO will no doubt pay for proper DDoS protection and mitigation unlike G1. They knew what they were buying into.

are we sure it is DDOS attacks, just seems to be a constant issue with Jericho, not sure if Citadel has this issue ALL the time.
  • Like 1

Just now, illgot said:
On 6/29/2018 at 10:48 AM, Kiida said:

LO will no doubt pay for proper DDoS protection and mitigation unlike G1. They knew what they were buying into.

are we sure it is DDOS attacks, just seems to be a constant issue with Jericho, not sure if Citadel has this issue ALL the time.
At this point I have no idea. NA has had these server issues on a near constant basis since 2013, through different server locations (Joker on east, then Jericho in central). It is something they're trying to figure out though.
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, illgot said:
On 6/29/2018 at 5:48 AM, Kiida said:

My friends (from the US) that play on EU on a frequent basis (due to NA being so bad) tell me EU is better. My ping on EU is too high so I don't really enjoy playing there but the limited few times I did play on EU, i experienced the same kind of wrapping and then district crash as on NA. So I think it's similar and I don't think it's ddos... But then again maybe I'm just that unlucky. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯