hack

"We are close to a solution"

7 hours ago, hack said:

Its been 2 weeks if not 3, Whats up bros?

I see we are going down the Reloaded path all over again

nothing much bro how u been

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Hey I get frustrated too... Ive even made threads like this before when anrgy.

But like everyone says, we just gotta be patient.

+1

All I know is that APB is in better hands than before. 
I'll just hope for the best ~

Hi there,

I can shed a little light on this for the OP.

Fixing the lag and DDOS issues are complicated. There isn't a single silver-bullet-fix that can clear everything up, otherwise G1 would have done it ages ago. LO is biting the bullet and messing around in the underlying core network systems of APB. This affects everything you do in game, and changes require lots of testing. We have implement 2 parts of the lag/DDOS fix so far. One seems to be stable, but the other ran into issues in production this week and caused a bunch of problems which had to be rolled back. We will continue to push builds until things are running smoothly.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 11
  • Thanks 13

1 minute ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Fixing the lag and DDOS issues are complicated. There isn't a single silver-bullet-fix that can clear everything up, otherwise G1 would have done it ages ago. LO is biting the bullet and messing around in the underlying core network systems of APB. This affects everything you do in game, and changes require lots of testing. We have implement 2 parts of the lag/DDOS fix so far. One seems to be stable, but the other ran into issues in production this week and caused a bunch of problems which had to be rolled back. We will continue to push builds until things are running smoothly.

Thanks,
Matt

Good luck, and godspeed.

Edited by CookiePuss

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

the lag is the worse its ever been as of the past 7 months, whatever ur doing its not working. i dont even want to play right now because my ping is 60% higher than it should be and my fps is literally halved, not to mention constant warping/rubberbanding and disconnects

ive also given up trying to use whatever the support is meant for since all i get is the same automated reply of "please provide x, y and z"

They can get it done quickly or they can get it done properly. 

I'm going to vote for properly, so calm down with the rage posts. 2-3 weeks is nothing.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

They can get it done quickly or they can get it done properly. 

I'm going to vote for properly, so calm down with the rage posts. 2-3 weeks is nothing.

lmao u are riding them and never coming off

lol all the disklikes OP get. all the fanbois is unreal.

The servers are the WORST they've EVER been. they are actually worse than G1's time, and somehow worse than 2012 when we had server-wide wraps every few minutes.  Constantly wrapping, d/cing, lagging, crashing and 10%-20% packet loss. G1's terrible mitigation never gave me packet loss btw.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Asparii said:

In 3 weeks they've added proper anti cheat, gotten us a website overhaul and as of June 23rd dealt with over 3,300 tickets. 
So that's what they've actually completed (Besides a few hot fixes here and there)
They've also laid out future planning for the game, and actively spoken with and worked with the community along with actually managing the company its self.

APB is in a much better place in such a short amount of time. A lot of this is initial phase stuff because they have to pick up a game from a company that had that game down in the dirt.
You can't expect the game to be completely new in 3 weeks. 

^^ this

more than g1 did in years....

19 hours ago, Sayori said:

lol if they had any idea what they are getting into, they would have never bought this game.
Until they do major bugfixes, improve network code, UE 3.5, UE 4, the BR hype will be over. What a terrible investment, I see no way this game can pay itself back.

19 hours ago, BingoBookBG said:

many blind defenders on this forum gonna prefer shoot themselves in da foot before acnowledge such thing..

and this is why we think you guys believe to be entitled ungrateful toxic trolls that need to be burned with fire

they've already begun upgrading to 3.5 and have a roadmap they openly shared with us from day 1 while you guys refuse to see that they  ALREADY implemented major things to make apb better for us

if you want things to speed up heres an idea....  get a job and support armas so it supports development....

you know... the p2w you type of guys complain about daily that supports apb? yeah that stuff

money makes things happen in the real world  so contribute or shut up in the backseat so they can drive properly

Sometimes things get worse before they get better. We should show appreciation for MattScott taking the time to give us regular updates on the situation. I think it goes without saying that the constant shit posting is definitely not warranted.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

Best of luck!

3 hours ago, speee said:

Sometimes things get worse before they get better. We should show appreciation for MattScott taking the time to give us regular updates on the situation. I think it goes without saying that the constant shit posting is definitely not warranted.

Strongly agree with speee, people need to have a bit more patience and things will run smoothly.

5 hours ago, professionalgamer said:

lmao u are riding them and never coming off

this is bad?

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, ilikecake said:

The servers are the WORST they've EVER been. they are actually worse than G1's time, and somehow worse than 2012 when we had server-wide wraps every few minutes.  Constantly wrapping, d/cing, lagging, crashing and 10%-20% packet loss. G1's terrible mitigation never gave me packet loss btw.

This is G1's mitigation, I hope you know that. :~)

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

Believe me, When I say it is not as complicated to fix as you are saying it is, I know, I used to work in the Networking area and I know a thing or two, Start from removing the IP from support.gamersfirst.com and instead set up a pinging machine that can answer tracert and ping requests, Second of all, Stop using Amazon as your host because running district servers on a I7 3770 with 8GB Ram is a joke.

18 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

nothing much bro how u been

great, logged in last night to get kicked 3 times in a row from social

Edited by hack

8 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

^^ this

more than g1 did in years....

and this is why we think you guys believe to be entitled ungrateful toxic trolls that need to be burned with fire

they've already begun upgrading to 3.5 and have a roadmap they openly shared with us from day 1 while you guys refuse to see that they  ALREADY implemented major things to make apb better for us

if you want things to speed up heres an idea....  get a job and support armas so it supports development....

you know... the p2w you type of guys complain about daily that supports apb? yeah that stuff

money makes things happen in the real world  so contribute or shut up in the backseat so they can drive properly

lol... ya they installed a new AC, nice. but BE is not all that cracked up to be. look at pubg lol, it's a joke. also LO refuses to release any kind of stats or verifiable proof on BE, all we know is his word that BE "is working" lol.

the only thing LO is doing better is communication.

8 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

its the truth deal with it

blind faith is bad m'kay

3 hours ago, Similarities said:

no it's not. they specifically said they have a new mitigation provider, also they said they did something to the servers, thus the insane amount of packet loss.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ilikecake said:

lol... ya they installed a new AC, nice. but BE is not all that cracked up to be. look at pubg lol, it's a joke. also LO refuses to release any kind of stats or verifiable proof on BE, all we know is his word that BE "is working" lol.

blind faith is bad m'kay

no it's not. they specifically said they have a new mitigation provider, also they said they did something to the servers, thus the insane amount of packet loss.

I don't understand why you play the game then? Even before LO took over all the things you said were true. The pop was bad, people thought everyone was cheating, and the server performance at least on NA was pretty terrible. I can understand you're unhappy with the product and that is fine, but putting others down because they have some hope that LO will do their best to fix game is unwarranted.  

4 hours ago, ilikecake said:

blind faith is bad m'kay

and what person or company would ever does say " here's the keys to my house and car"

13 hours ago, ilikecake said:

you are either forgetting or were not playing the past few years under g1 where the servers were either major lag or were down for in some cases HOURS at a time

no it wasn't better before

blindness seems to be your issue not ours....mkay bye

8 hours ago, Similarities said:

they did try a new mitigation to try figuring a better one  out but there's also a post somewhere saying they rolled it back to g1 so yes you are apparently  right

On 6/29/2018 at 4:11 AM, AsgerLund said:

Or.... many people here realize that LO and G1 are two different companies, and therefore they give LO a fair chance to live up to their promises, because the problems with APB aren't "lol-fix" problems solved within days or weeks.
That's not blindness - that's common sense.

vWg1QH.gif

couldn't  of said it better myself 😉

12 hours ago, speee said:

constant shit posting is definitely not warranted.

i feel personally attacked

On 6/29/2018 at 2:25 AM, hack said:

Its been 2 weeks if not 3, Whats up bros?

I see we are going down the Reloaded path all over again

Oh noes! Not two or three weeks!

If we were going down the Reloaded path, that would be 6 to 8 months.

Get a grip, and get some patience.

Patience is key, just give them time to figure out what kinda mess APB is currently in.

Things don't get fixed overnight. Give them some time and play something else in the meantime

• Like 1

They've already done more with the game in the few months that they've had it than G1 did with it over the course of several years. 

I'm guessing you're either new here, or you just don't know how to have patience.