hack

"We are close to a solution"

Its been 2 weeks if not 3, Whats up bros?

I see we are going down the Reloaded path all over again

Edited by hack
  • Like 1

LO will no doubt pay for proper DDoS protection and mitigation unlike G1. They knew what they were buying into.

3 minutes ago, Kiida said:

LO will no doubt pay for proper DDoS protection and mitigation unlike G1. They knew what they were buying into.

Better hope so atleast.

55 minutes ago, hack said:

ts been 2 weeks if not 3, Whats up bros?

In 3 weeks they've added proper anti cheat, gotten us a website overhaul and as of June 23rd dealt with over 3,300 tickets. 
So that's what they've actually completed (Besides a few hot fixes here and there)
They've also laid out future planning for the game, and actively spoken with and worked with the community along with actually managing the company its self.

APB is in a much better place in such a short amount of time. A lot of this is initial phase stuff because they have to pick up a game from a company that had that game down in the dirt.
You can't expect the game to be completely new in 3 weeks. 

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, Kiida said:

lol if they had any idea what they are getting into, they would have never bought this game.
Until they do major bugfixes, improve network code, UE 3.5, UE 4, the BR hype will be over. What a terrible investment, I see no way this game can pay itself back.

1 hour ago, hack said:

many blind defenders on this forum gonna prefer shoot themselves in da foot before acnowledge such thing..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiida said:

gioven that support request went above what they expected and also they were surprised about how toxic the community is, I am not sure if they really knew what they were buying into. Let's just hope they can handle all that properly that comes up. Can't wait to see all the nonsense "I got banned falsely for X" claims comign up and how much endurance their support and GM's will have to go through that all.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sayori said:

lol if they had any idea what they are getting into, they would have never bought this game.
Until they do major bugfixes, improve network code, UE 3.5, UE 4, the BR hype will be over. What a terrible investment, I see no way this game can pay itself back.

When In started playing APB just after it joined Steam, there were 3 million active accounts.  For a couple of years there were several thousand active accounts and dozens of districts to join (before Threat Segregation threw the first huge wrench into population).. I have no doubt whatsoever, LO is not advertising this mess yet because the product isn't ready.... but once they;ve implemented the kind of repairs and changes on their road map... with a little proper advertising, a new re-release so to speak.... esp on a platform like Steam... this game has a great chance of being very profitable and paying for itself.

Oh man, it's been a month since the game was purchased and for some reason it doesn't look like a completely different game within that time frame. Oh man, why aren't they fullfilling my unrealistic expectations?

Oh man...

BETTER START WHINING ON THE FORUMS RIGHT AWAY

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 13

Everyone just stay calm, LO already proved to be a competent company in comparison to G1, i say patience... i know this virtue is a lot to ask from this community, but i'm confident they already know what's going on, i believe they are unhappy about this issue as much as we are, so hopefully they'll do whatever its in their power to fix this. Gotta stay positive folks, G1 isn't here anymore, use your negativity elsewhere.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BingoBookBG said:

many blind defenders on this forum gonna prefer shoot themselves in da foot before acnowledge such thing..

Or.... many people here realize that LO and G1 are two different companies, and therefore they give LO a fair chance to live up to their promises, because the problems with APB aren't "lol-fix" problems solved within days or weeks.
That's not blindness - that's common sense.

vWg1QH.gif

Edited by AsgerLund
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, hack said:

Yeah thats why the servers are hosted @ Amazon Cloud hosting and the real machine IP is located at https://support.gamersfirst.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003329912-My-Latency-is-really-high-

Wut? Unless SoftLayer was absorbed by AWS, then AWS & SoftLayer are different companies. 
EDIT: Oh, IBM and Amazon are partnered.

Edited by Similarities

8 minutes ago, Similarities said:

Wut? Unless SoftLayer was absorbed by AWS, then AWS & SoftLayer are different companies. 
EDIT: Oh, IBM and Amazon are partnered.

Dear mother of plot twist

We've waited ~7 years for Reloaded to show they actually care about the game and it's community which effectively left us with a broken game. Little Orbit seems committed and the least we can do is give them the same chance we gave Reloaded.

You can't build a game for a month. Gamersf1rst haven't done anything for years and here are LO with anti-cheat, now DDOS Protection and i believe that they will keep schedule about the APB Roadmap, which is very promising for the future of the game. Give them maybe half a year and you will see difference between 2017 and 2018 tho...  Let's hope there are more different events with LO here! I'm done with the same events from past years ;_;

I WONDER WHAT WILL BE THE NEW MAP :S

You can't expect a fat kid to be in shape a month later now can you?

Hey I get frustrated too... Ive even made threads like this before when anrgy.

But like everyone says, we just gotta be patient.

4 hours ago, hack said:

its been 10 minutes and i see you are going down the Dumb road. It's stupidity all over again.

2 hours ago, Faefire said:

You can't expect a fat kid to be in shape a month later now can you?

I can expect a fat kid to not to promise to get in shape in 2-3 weeks when he cant do that

16 minutes ago, hack said:

I can expect a fat kid to not to promise to get in shape in 2-3 weeks when he cant do that

None ever said anything about a timeframe or expected release of the almighty fix of all fixes. Dunno where you pullin that 2-3 weeks bullcrab from.

22 minutes ago, hack said:

They didn't though.  Matt said he's not giving exact dates specifically because of this.  He doesn't want to give people unrealistic expectations, so he never gave us any overly-optimistic dates.  Besides, even if they had promised the game would be fixed by now things go wrong sometimes.  Plus it's APB,  the game where if one thing is changed, something else completely unrelated will also change as a side effect, and that's not just the fault of G1 or LO not knowing what they're doing.  You can thank RTW for bestowing the gift of spaghetti code upon us.

Edited by BrandonBranderson