CombatMedic02

Medkit (Orange Character Mod)

Had a neat idea while chatting about the origins of my username in district chat a few days ago. I enjoy playing support in a lot of various video games and something that feels like it is missing from this game is the ability to heal teammates. I realize that we have medsprays that do heal players that are around you when you use them but what if we had an orange character mod that dropped down a medkit which would decrease recovery time in a radius around you that lasted for a few seconds?

Maybe they could be used like the ammobox with the player being stuck in an animation while the teammates around them received the buff or perhaps it could drop down like the consumable ammo crate with a bar that drains till it's out of bandages. I just think it would be cool to have more character mods and on top of this it would make for interesting strategies when pushing or defending objectives. Just a small recovery buff for a couple of seconds, standard orange mod cool down but something with a bit of a bigger radius/lifetime over the standard medsprays.

I'm sure this has probably been suggested before so what do you guys think would be the best way to implement a supportive heal mod? Let's brainstorm! 😃

• Like 3

I love the idea of having roles in-game since this is a MMO, As you say, we have the Spray, but the item system is broken, you run out of items so fast and you can't get them back that fast.
IMO items should be just a player mod that never runs out just as any other mod, with it's CD to use it again (As they do already)

16 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

I love the idea of having roles in-game since this is a MMO, As you say, we have the Spray, but the item system is broken, you run out of items so fast and you can't get them back that fast.
IMO items should be just a player mod that never runs out just as any other mod, with it's CD to use it again (As they do already)

True, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if you could choose what consumable you get at the end of a match or maybe you could buy the consumables you want from the Joker Store for Joker Tickets? I just think having an orange character mod with an extended duration or wider range for healing would be pretty interesting and cool. I think we need more orange character mods in general. They are right up there with more blue mods for vehicles. 🙂

It would just shake up the gameplay a bit and get everyone using other mods other the same one or two that are deemed useful.
It would definitely be a good thing in any case. More choice, more stratagies and would give players more ways to play. 😀

Edited by CombatMedic02
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Thats gonna be a no from me dawg.

Thank you for that insightful contribution to the discussion. 👍

Only with some balance to prevent abuse.

-Longer cooldown than field supplier.

-If a medkit is being used by someone and they take damage, the effect stops until the normal regen time passes.

-Can be used by enemies.

• Like 1

This sounds like a great way to further increase camping and turtling so that nade/explosive spam gets to the point of becoming mandatory to break defend holds.

10 hours ago, xPanzerShrekx said:

Only with some balance to prevent abuse.

-Longer cooldown than field supplier.

-If a medkit is being used by someone and they take damage, the effect stops until the normal regen time passes.

-Can be used by enemies.

I feel like the cooldown would be fine if it matched the field supplier one. I agree with your second point, it should only start the healing or increase the speed of the healing if you are in cover and not taking damage. I guess it could be used by enemies but maybe if it wasn't that would be an advantage over using the sprays? I mean, it's not like enemies can use your field supplier. I guess it would depend on how you deploy the medkit? But yeah, it should be well balanced obviously, just figured it would be nice to have more supportive orange mods.

9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This sounds like a great way to further increase camping and turtling so that nade/explosive spam gets to the point of becoming mandatory to break defend holds.

I mean I guess it would make defense positions more fortified but I figured it would be good to use while attacking too. For example, using it when you're low after you and your team push up to new cover just before a final push. I mean I don't think everyone on a team would use it anyway, there will still be some ammo resupplies and blowtorches out there and such. I don't think the healing should stack, that would make it a bit op. Maybe it should only speed up healing time or maybe just instantly start the healing process? Not sure which would be better. I mean it would make sense that you would need to not be taking damage to heal. So it would only benefit those in cover? It has to be a more supportive mod. Also I think more people would use other orange mods if they were more viable, not making new mods overused. For instance, if the spotter mod's cool down was a bit shorter so that you could use it a bit more often to support the team a bit more.

9 hours ago, CombatMedic02 said:

I feel like the cooldown would be fine if it matched the field supplier one. I agree with your second point, it should only start the healing or increase the speed of the healing if you are in cover and not taking damage. I guess it could be used by enemies but maybe if it wasn't that would be an advantage over using the sprays? I mean, it's not like enemies can use your field supplier. I guess it would depend on how you deploy the medkit? But yeah, it should be well balanced obviously, just figured it would be nice to have more supportive orange mods.

The reason I suggested "Can be used by enemies" is because based on your description, it would be an item that is placed down, leaving the placer free to move, while Field Supplier prevents the user from moving or interacting for a short time.

1 hour ago, xPanzerShrekx said:

The reason I suggested "Can be used by enemies" is because based on your description, it would be an item that is placed down, leaving the placer free to move, while Field Supplier prevents the user from moving or interacting for a short time.

Yeah, I don't know what the best way to deploy it would be. Just working off what we already have, this would make it easier to implement too. But yeah, not sure if either way is really right for it but single use like the consumables makes it feel too much like the spray. Was thinking about something a little more solid. 😅

9 hours ago, CombatMedic02 said:

Yeah, I don't know what the best way to deploy it would be. Just working off what we already have, this would make it easier to implement too. But yeah, not sure if either way is really right for it but single use like the consumables makes it feel too much like the spray. Was thinking about something a little more solid. 😅

So, I like the idea, but it should have a good counter. Make it easily destructable, and as a consumable. So it's like those large ammo crates/boxes. It's placed down, can be used by enemies, destroyed, begins regen similar to the med spray.

A good effect would have a lower key green "stuff" (whatever the med spray effect is) so it can be discerned from the ammo boxes.

4 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

So, I like the idea, but it should have a good counter. Make it easily destructable, and as a consumable. So it's like those large ammo crates/boxes. It's placed down, can be used by enemies, destroyed, begins regen similar to the med spray.

A good effect would have a lower key green "stuff" (whatever the med spray effect is) so it can be discerned from the ammo boxes.

That's a good idea, maybe have it send out the green pulse every few seconds until it is depleted or destroyed? Should maybe deploy like the consumable ammo box and do that instead of deploying like the field supplier. I still think it should be an orange mod with the standard 2m cool down though. (Just because we need more orange mod choice but also for balance.) But overall it should feel like a heavier version of the med spray.

Edited by CombatMedic02

8 hours ago, CombatMedic02 said:

That's a good idea, maybe have it send out the green pulse every few seconds until it is depleted or destroyed? Should maybe deploy like the consumable ammo box and do that instead of deploying like the field supplier. I still think it should be an orange mod with the standard 2m cool down though. (Just because we need more orange mod choice but also for balance.) But overall it should feel like a heavier version of the med spray.

Yeah, definitely give it a 4m/2m cooldown like the field supplier. (also, not all orange mods have that standard cool down)

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

On 7/3/2018 at 4:26 PM, Sergsininia said:

Yeah, definitely give it a 4m/2m cooldown like the field supplier. (also, not all orange mods have that standard cool down)

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

True, it's not exactly standard but it's about that long on a fair few mods. I think mods like radar jammer and spotter should probably have the cool downs reduced by a little bit too. Would help bring more variety to people's teams and loadouts. I like that we were able to flesh this idea out quite a bit from my OP. It's nice to know that there are still people on the forum that can engage in constructive discussion. 😀👍

Edited by CombatMedic02