Ive spent over 300 dollars on LO so far and the servers just keep getting worse.

apb is in top 3 failed games of all time for a reason..maybe for u was better to check that before spendin dat much

56 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

i like how ur logic is to throw money at the problem thinking it will be fixed.

thats not how money works

nah, that's how it works.

-> spend more money to support the game 👍

5 minutes ago, ­­­­­­­­ said:

nah, that's how it works.

-> spend more money to support the game 👍

"Throw money at problem, maybe it will solve itself" ~ Rich people

2 hours ago, Percocet said:

It's fine, its been 50 days since little orbit acquired G1 and apb, nothing has been done about it since then and the game is just hemorrhaging loyal players who came back to give it another chance. If nothing is done investment will fail... -snip-

So like it's been 2 months... since LO bought a BROKEN game... aaaaaannnnnnnddddd people came back because of the HOPE this game is no longer dead... not because anything has been fixed yet.  Pretty sure a lot of the issues are going to take some intensive effort to fix, and will require the unifying of the software to Unreal Engine 3.5 and then upgraded to 4.0.  And seeing that realistically that's probably a good year from now... can't you just be patient?  LO didn't break this game, G1 did, all they have done is thrown APB a liferaft and given us a roadmap of plans for a fix.

I spend a little money again because I love this game and I want to actively support the people who are making a realistic plan to save it from doom and implement the fixes it needs... and it's going to need a lot of them, so, if we the loyal playerbase don't support this project, then for sure it will die. No one is supporting G1's fake hype as the game was dying anymore.  Now we're supporting the plan for a few major surgery's to save APB's "life."  Who knows maybe it will become Fraken-APB... but I'd rather have this game to play sometimes then not... so I support LO and buy a few things I like from Armas.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Are we ever going to get better servers or should I just uninstall now? Because its fucking infuriating trying to play on these warping servers that have been like this for what, a solid month now? 

It aint a DDOS kiddos, its having half patootie servers hosted on a 200 dollar linux laptop and its getting old. 

Do u think a 500 dollars linux laptop will cut it? No? Then you need to spend more than 300 dollars on the game, duh. Go get that card and we will wait for the new servers.

1 hour ago, Hey! said:

So like it's been 2 months... since LO bought a BROKEN game... aaaaaannnnnnnddddd people came back because of the HOPE this game is no longer dead... not because anything has been fixed yet.  Pretty sure a lot of the issues are going to take some intensive effort to fix, and will require the unifying of the software to Unreal Engine 3.5 and then upgraded to 4.0.  And seeing that realistically that's probably a good year from now... can't you just be patient?  LO didn't break this game, G1 did, all they have done is thrown APB a liferaft and given us a roadmap of plans for a fix.

I spend a little money again because I love this game and I want to actively support the people who are making a realistic plan to save it from doom and implement the fixes it needs... and it's going to need a lot of them, so, if we the loyal playerbase don't support this project, then for sure it will die. No one is supporting G1's fake hype as the game was dying anymore.  Now we're supporting the plan for a few major surgery's to save APB's "life."  Who knows maybe it will become Fraken-APB... but I'd rather have this game to play sometimes then not... so I support LO and buy a few things I like from Armas.

Stop talking. There should be nothing on the roadmap other than plans regarding stability until its fixed. Upgrades to new engines that were announced for 2014, new guns or car releases and anything else wont matter with a game that is unplayable. The roadmap should consist purely of, and in detail, evidence of new mitigation or server infrastructure when the situation is this bad. Not a vague few sentences saying better mitigation is "on the way" followed by plans for new content releases. No where did anyone say we arent supporting them, and we appreciate the attempt to be more transparent than gamersfirst. Mattscott is not a useless glorified patch note copying fax machine like tiggs was and we appreciate that, we appreciate that he knows the game more than the old devs and that the staff actually play and are attempting to have a presence. I am not talking crap about little orbit and I know the situation they are dealing with is not easy, it doesnt change the end result. I am talking facts. People are leaving and the new players that arrived because of the PR the game received being newly acquired and rid of a toxic publisher are getting the experience we are dealing with as their first, and wont return. The PC game market is releasing to many games on the horizon with all this hype around E3 to afford any type of bad PR from technical issues such as this for an extended duration if they want to retain a playerbase. I have over 9k hours wasted on this game and want to see it succeed but this is what needs to happen, bottom line.

Edited by Percocet

43 minutes ago, Percocet said:

Stop talking. -snip-
(You realize this is a DISCUSSION forum.  If you can't handle people responding to your public comments... fly a kite.)

Upgrades to new engines that were announced for 2014,-snip-
(LO has nothing to do with the previous company or promises since 2014.  And yeah I was here the whole time too)

No where did anyone say we arent supporting them, -snip-
(The OP and several responses have commented they feel they are wasting money on investing, and some saying they won't spend a penny until everything is fixed. Hence my reply incorporated a reply to those comments as well.)

I am not talking crap about little orbit and I know the situation they are dealing with is not easy, it doesnt change the end result. I am talking facts. People are leaving. -snip-
(Never said you were... and whether players come or go, nothing can be done they have purchased a broken game in need of a lot of work, and they have begun to work on it. They have not announced or even begun PR for the (new, improved LO version re-released) game either, but have simply allowed it to continue playing foir the die-hard loyalists who have been suffering through it for years now. APB hasn't died yet, it surely won't die now that it's in LO's hands so your pessimism is premature.  Ofc people will come and go since the game is still a broken mess.

2 minutes ago, Percocet said:

Bad. Please brain.

Please English.

1 minute ago, Hey! said:

Please English.

Your brain is bad. Please improve brain.

2 hours ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

Well...that is kind of how creating a top of the line DDoS solution works, solutions are costly, the more money a company has to throw at a solution and infrastructure, the less impactful attacks are, for example, you have companies like OVH (who in NA is known for having routing issues) and then you have Level 3 (formerly Black Lotus) who were known for their ability to just absorb DDoS attacks. The more powerful your line is, the easier it is to just eat direct attacks. Black Lotus was known for having incredibly strong lines that were able to just absorb UDP packets to the face without the line getting flooded, but the servers were, as expected, very costly as a result. OVH is quite the same, having the largest infrastructure to handle attacks like this one, but getting proper protection from them is quite expensive, so yeah, throwing money at the problem when it is comes to a top of the line DDoS solution IS the solution, the more money you have to throw at a strong infrastructure made to handle this stuff, the better you handle it.

1 minute ago, Percocet said:

Your brain is bad. Please improve brain.

Your attitude is bad.  Please improve attitude. Telling others to stop talking and insulting them personally doesn't prove your point. Use logic, thanks.

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

huell-money.gif

Suck it up, snowflake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

i like this logic! I would find that meme but cant be arsed..

7 minutes ago, Percocet said:

My logic is sound, your blind white knighting proves nothing just like the tards who defended ham sandwich tiggs till the end. Keep saying they will work on it! as much as you want I stated what needs to be worked on. Just because you have a pie in the sky everything will work out attitude doesnt mean it is not bad in light of the situation. Logic is in my post which is facts for player retention. Im giving you life advice its not an attack.

This new company has had about 2 months to work on the game, quit complaining.  It's not logical for you to have the expectation that LO is a continuation of G1 liable for promises since q 2014 as per your comments. Also your insulting me isn't adding anything to the validity of your position, which is a giant whine that in 2 months you don't have the kind of fix which would lead to player retention. Realize this game was a turd when LO bought it, and 2 months later it's still a turd.  WHY?  Because they have a lot of work to do to fix it.

I got money ready to burn...But i ain't burning sh*t with this server lag... Hey i'll spend way more if UE3.5 allows me to actually use my PC juice to maintain a nice 144fps

Realize that as much as you or anyone else loves the new company it wont change the end result if they dont fix the stability issues first and foremost. Thats the end of it, and I said an engine upgrade that was announced for 2014 didnt say they were liable for anything. I already said I realize it wouldnt be easy, it doesnt matter one bit how easy or hard it will be. The fact of new and old players seeing announcements that this game could be alive again (which is PR advertising published on major PC gaming websites regardless of little orbit doing anything other than acquiring the company) and trying the game within these two months since that announcement (which is a very long time to draw in many new and old players and be spread by word of mouth) and getting crapped on by performance and leaving will not change no matter how hard your little heart wishes for it. You can tell me to give them more time to fix it and thats fine, ill still be here, but those two months of new and old players and anyone they tell about performance wont. Lol validity of my position, this is not my position, this is the position that this game is facing.

Edited by Percocet
  • Like 1

The 300$ is supposedly paying for what? The Disposable Bags they need from reading this crap all time? 

It takes up to 45-60 days for the company to even see your money, maybe longer depending on the service they use... lol

They probably haven't even seen the money you've spent.

Edited by WOLFABLE

Mandatory on every thread criticizing Jamie_Blyth_-_Lidl.jpgChewing-Gum-PNG-Image-30035.png

Edited by Luminesca

See, Im gonna wait a few months to play apb under the new LO regime. What made you think they would fix the whole game as soon as they got apb? Granted the servers seem to be worse than before, but I think people should wait out till LO get their shit together. Also, wth are you even buying anything when Matt said they are gonna revisit the pricing since they are clearly overpriced? I dunno when they will change the prices but I can wait. Its not like the game is gonna change and you need a weapon this instant. 

4 hours ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

Wait Western governments have been doing it wrong all this time?! 

Kinda reminds me of a thing about higher salaries for teachers, government threw money to schools and find out later it has been spend on solar panels, renovations, dinner parties and so on.

Teachers never saw their salary increase or added help what the money was supposed to be for.

This is an example from the Netherlands but these kinds of stuff happen in all governments regularly. 😛 

Moral of the story, sure money is an important component but it's how you spend it that matters.

7 hours ago, TGYuurei said:

Let LO show us their tricks and actually do something rather than add an Anti-Cheat that we don't even truely know is working 100% because they don't want to 'ban' 'customers'. (Like a slaughterhouse saying they don't don't wanna slaughter cattle)

I agree with the whole "results first" bit, but I don't really get the logic behind the slaughter house part.  Cows go to a slaughter house to get slaughtered, but customers don't usually go to stores to get kicked out, so it's normal for a store to not want to kick out their customers because that's their source of income.

19 minutes ago, killerskull said:

See, Im gonna wait a few months to play apb under the new LO regime. What made you think they would fix the whole game as soon as they got apb? Granted the servers seem to be worse than before, but I think people should wait out till LO get their shit together. Also, wth are you even buying anything when Matt said they are gonna revisit the pricing since they are clearly overpriced? I dunno when they will change the prices but I can wait. Its not like the game is gonna change and you need a weapon this instant. 

Speculation...somewhere early july since "plan to fix the lag" and others before reaching "project UE3.5" so maybe the price reduction should be there already? idk lol

Hotfix for it happened just this morning. Perhaps fixed?