First of all i want to say that even you get every single hacker/cheater out of the game there is Still big problem and it's called macroing.

Yes now people are going to say how i know that someone is using macro with like joker SR15 or Oscar. I know that these weapons are impossible to shoot stable and smooth all the time with fastest fire rate, how do i know this is that i have been playing this game since 2011 and tested the weapon with different mouses and tried the weapons with all kind different situations. I really do hope you could make some kind system to fix this problem and make macroing bannable.

my mouses i tested with:

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Steelseries Rival 310

logitech g400s

Roccat savu mouse

couple normal mouses

• Like 2

I mean, a heckton of mouses can make Macros. Even my 12$ mouse can use programmable buttons. Since this kind of features are often not third party but actual drivers of the periphery, the game can't tell if the clicking is real or not. You could probably make an anti-cheat like Fairfight to pick "fast clickers", but this could lead to incorrect bans of players who are just used to click very fast (trust me there is also people who can keep up at stable and smooth without any external tool). Besides, I know players achieve the same result with a free turning scroll wheel.

It's not really a problem of making it bannable. It's a problem of detecting the players using a tool from those playing fair.

• Like 1

I mean, under G1 macroing was bannable.

Still no word from LO on their stance.

Can we stop this please? Macroing has some disadvantages.

Macro in general has 2 set of values.

1. fire delay 

2. hold delay

In hardware macros there is only one such value. Its the fire delay. 

1. Fire delay : its the no. of clicks to be made based on the input rate which you feed in.

Say, u set a delay of 50ms, in this your delay between shots is gonna be 50ms. 

Yeah by now you will be thinking yay, its gonna be hell lot of fast and i will land every bullet on the enemy and hes gonna die real fucking fast.

NOOO, thats not gonna happen. There are two big factors which stop happening so.

If ur fire delay is lower, the gun is gonna fire at a faster rate, consistently and if u jus toggle on ur fps, there is gonna be a spike in the latency. This will create an impact. Ppl jus rush to the forums if there are minor spikes.. imagine spikes of 5-10ms while shooting.  The weapon gets jammed occasionally as well.

More the fire delay you set, it will be slower shooting, but the spikes are gonna come thats sure.

The lesser the fire delay, the messier it gets. You cant actually find whats the perfect fire delay.

2. Hold delay: This is the part which arent available in hardware macros. This is the time for which you set the assigned key to click repeatedly (in this case the lmb). So, it is like someone is holding your mouse on behalf of you for a certain amount of time to click for the set time interval.

Say, you set a value of 10secs as hold delay and 50ms as your fire delay, your clicks will be landed at 50millisecs for the next 10secs.

This hinders your mouse movement if you wish to move your crosshair over other enemy because of the hold delay value. No smooth mouse movement.

U lose track of bullets cuz of auto firing, if a enemy runs around in circles you are less likely to hit him cuz of the spikes thing i told you about.

• Like 1

I was the OSCAR player you kept accusing of macro'ing yesterday. How about you just learn how to click consistently instead of holding LMB on your N-TEC all day?

56 minutes ago, OnEGod said:

You're absolutely right, it's unfair, and it's cheating.

But sadly, detecting it is difficult without false positives, not impossible though, yet I don't expect there will be a lot of bans regarding this.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kiida said:

I was the OSCAR player you kept accusing of macro'ing yesterday. How about you just learn how to click consistently instead of holding LMB on your N-TEC all day?

Kiida is big chet.

But its k cuz voice is sexy af.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Kiida is big chet.

But its k cuz voice is sexy af.

disgusting.

uwu

28 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

Can we stop this please? Macroing has some disadvantages.

Macro in general has 2 set of values.

1. fire delay 

2. hold delay

In hardware macros there is only one such value. Its the fire delay. 

1. Fire delay : its the no. of clicks to be made based on the input rate which you feed in.

Say, u set a delay of 50ms, in this your delay between shots is gonna be 50ms. 

Yeah by now you will be thinking yay, its gonna be hell lot of fast and i will land every bullet on the enemy and hes gonna die real fucking fast.

NOOO, thats not gonna happen. There are two big factors which stop happening so.

If ur fire delay is lower, the gun is gonna fire at a faster rate, consistently and if u jus toggle on ur fps, there is gonna be a spike in the latency. This will create an impact. Ppl jus rush to the forums if there are minor spikes.. imagine spikes of 5-10ms while shooting.  The weapon gets jammed occasionally as well.

More the fire delay you set, it will be slower shooting, but the spikes are gonna come thats sure.

The lesser the fire delay, the messier it gets. You cant actually find whats the perfect fire delay.

2. Hold delay: This is the part which arent available in hardware macros. This is the time for which you set the assigned key to click repeatedly (in this case the lmb). So, it is like someone is holding your mouse on behalf of you for a certain amount of time to click for the set time interval.

Say, you set a value of 10secs as hold delay and 50ms as your fire delay, your clicks will be landed at 50millisecs for the next 10secs.

This hinders your mouse movement if you wish to move your crosshair over other enemy because of the hold delay value. No smooth mouse movement.

U lose track of bullets cuz of auto firing, if a enemy runs around in circles you are less likely to hit him cuz of the spikes thing i told you about.

im not super heated about macros, but if we use your 50ms rof as an example you can set a macro to have a delay of 10ms more (thats 60ms for those of you playing along at home) and it will never "jam" (guns dont jam in apb) on you unless the server is about to go down, its kind of disingenuous to say since you can get so close to perfect rof that its indistinguishable 

additionally most mouse macros have built in "repeat while button is pressed" functions, so theres no need for a hold delay

I can shoot fast with a consistent fire rate tho and i got hackusated a lot for using macro. They should look at the intervals of the inputs that are send in. Someone can probably make a macro with random intervals to trick the system but oh wel what can you do about it other then blocking the mouse drivers but that would be stupid. This is a problem that is not only in APB and there aren't ways to block it.

let people use rapid fire macros, they are only hurting themselves.

First, you can not get a perfect ROF in this game.  Between the computer delay and server delay, a "perfect ROF" is impossible.  You end up skipping shots which actually worsens your ROF.

Second, the only way around a perfect ROF is to either program the macro to trigger slower than required to make up for the delay or trigger so fast you are basically shooting at the highest ROF possible.  If you trigger slower than required then your ROF again will be horrible but at least it will be predictable.  If you trigger faster than required you are increasing your weapons max bloom instantly.

It if far more precise and accurate to just click the mouse button for each trigger.

There are some "macros" which are more scripts which compensate for predictable recoil in sniper rifles but I have only seen examples of these in AutoHotKey.  I don't know how or if it is possible to create such scripts in the Razer or Logitech software for mice.

Really cannot do anything about it. I mean some games can detect the software.....But then there is hardware.....don't need software....

Also, detection has a lot of issues itself. Look at Battlefield 1. Really does not work well at all. Only making your close or uninstall the software.

Also, hardware can do hold delay.

Edited by RandomCatface

4 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Macros are considered bots and are bannable under TOS

I use multiple macro's.  Basically ever button I use on the side of my G600 mouse is a macro since I change the keys from their default functions.

My longest macro is a /abandonmission (enter) macro which I use to abandon missions.  Have never had an issue with using any of my macros.

I also use a macro to dual function to Witness and Reload my gun.  I haven't actually had to witness people in years, but it's one of the combo keys I used for my Enforcer.

1 minute ago, illgot said:

I use multiple macro's.  Basically ever button I use on the side of my G600 mouse is a macro since I change the keys from their default functions.

My longest macro is a /abandonmission (enter) macro which I use to abandon missions.  Have never had an issue with using any of my macros.

I also use a macro to dual function to Witness and Reload my gun.  I haven't actually had to witness people in years, but it's one of the combo keys I used for my Enforcer.

why do you need a macro to witness and reload?

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

im not super heated about macros, but if we use your 50ms rof as an example you can set a macro to have a delay of 10ms more (thats 60ms for those of you playing along at home) and it will never "jam" (guns dont jam in apb) on you unless the server is about to go down, its kind of disingenuous to say since you can get so close to perfect rof that its indistinguishable 

additionally most mouse macros have built in "repeat while button is pressed" functions, so theres no need for a hold delay

I almost died when you said guns dont jam in apb. Go ask any player who started using the semi autos or those who are playing it regularly. Players always maintain a rhythm whwn it comes to semi autos. If you tend to click your lmb at irregular intervals the firing mechanism just gets jammed off. I know it cuz i struggled a lot when i started out the game.

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

why do you need a macro to witness and reload?

It's on my Razer gamepad.  The same button I use to reload also triggers my witness key.  That way I can just point at a crim and reload to witness them.

1 minute ago, Defibrillator said:

I almost died when you said guns dont jam in apb. Go ask any player who started using the semi autos or those who are playing it regularly. Players always maintain a rhythm whwn it comes to semi autos. If you tend to click your lmb at irregular intervals the firing mechanism just gets jammed off. I know it cuz i struggled a lot when i started out the game.

I've never had mine jam before.  I have hit latency spikes where my gun wouldn't fire or it fires on my client but not on the server.  That's not the weapon jamming but the server acting up.

Edited by illgot

2 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

the gun isnt jamming youre just not firing correctly lol

1 minute ago, illgot said:

It's on my Razer gamepad.  The same button I use to reload also triggers my witness key.  That way I can just point at a crim and reload to witness them.

oh i see

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

18 minutes ago, illgot said:

Someones compensating for a lack of skill clicking a mouse button. Play the game fairly, leave the buttons default and get gud.

how do you even want to bann macroing ? It would just make another wave of bans beacause people used macros for other purposes.

Screw all you lame patootie macro users. If there isn't a advantage then why cry and fight for your right to use them.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Creedh said:

how do you even want to bann macroing ? It would just make another wave of bans beacause people used macros for other purposes.

Lets just build a macroing program into APB and while were at it lets add one that aims for you too.

2 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Screw all you lame patootie macro users. If there isn't a advantage then why cry and fight for your right to use them.

Cause they need to compensate by any means

5 minutes ago, Danimal said:

is anyone in this thread really fighting for macros tho?

31 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Someones compensating for a lack of skill clicking a mouse button. Play the game fairly, leave the buttons default and get gud.

or the fact that I am an adult and can afford gaming peripherals.

• Like 2