any news?

are you ded or something guys?

No news for a while...

• Like 3

US Congress averts historic default, approves debt-limit suspension

4 hours ago, Benguin said:

US Congress averts historic default, approves debt-limit suspension

Like he knows what u talkin about..

Anyway i guess LO have everybody(all 3 of them)workin on the new matchmaking/cross dist and thats why nothing new.Btw the game is back to 350 players but no surprise when u make all the updates with such pace

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Like he knows what u talkin about..

Anyway i guess LO have everybody(all 3 of them)workin on the new matchmaking/cross dist and thats why nothing new.Btw the game is back to 350 players but no surprise when u make all the updates wih such pace

I was referring to Matt's monthly posts.

dfaq you saying

• Like 1

when the pop hits less then 100 again they will post a minor fix or skin update and people will come back and go buckwild

Or they will wait for the next holiday event

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 12:55 PM, nndrei said:

I was referring to Matt's monthly posts.

dfaq you saying

engine update is done, go look at 2023 roadmap. iirc they should be in progress of updating their backend to allow for their game to be hosted on Epic Games Store. And if not that then the first part of phasing

6 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

engine update is done, go look at 2023 roadmap. iirc they should be in progress of updating their backend to allow for their game to be hosted on Epic Games Store. And if not that then the first part of phasing

They want to put APB in Epic Games Store?? WTF

7 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Phasing will ruin matchmaking. No one wants waiting times in a game that's basically team deathmatch.

3 hours ago, nndrei said:

They want to put APB in Epic Games Store?? WTF

It's just another platform for the game to be seen by player eyes, I don't imagine they think it's going to save the game. But if they probably will do a bunch of updating on the backend to allow for the game to be hosted on Epic as well as future updates to the netcode. 

3 hours ago, BlatMan said:

Phasing will ruin matchmaking. No one wants waiting times in a game that's basically team deathmatch.

It's also delusional to think that the current matchmaking is amazing

2 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

It's just another platform for the game to be seen by player eyes, I don't imagine they think it's going to save the game. But if they probably will do a bunch of updating on the backend to allow for the game to be hosted on Epic as well as future updates to the netcode. 

It's also delusional to think that the current matchmaking is amazing

The threat system as a whole is garbage. Phasing won't fix this. The lowest threat, green, is impossible to hold onto without intentionally dethreating. Your teammates completing objectives gives you enough score to reach bronze. Mid silver to low gold there's a small difference in skill. Mid gold to max is where you see the player skill drastically increase, and where you see distinct play styles.

I don't know how to fix it, I just know adding on loading times will not help keep the mission districts alive.

5 hours ago, BlatMan said:

but we already have waiting times, what do you think the 20 minutes of unopposed missions before every match against silvers is?

1 hour ago, BlatMan said:

I don't know how to fix it, I just know adding on loading times will not help keep the mission districts alive.

idk where you are getting the loading times aspect, if anything phasing should reduce waiting times as matchmaking will be able to look at a LARGER pool of players to better MATCH THREAT levels. Threat isn't garbage. It's the lack of player base and the matchmaking is doing it's best with what it's able to see. It's not the matchmaking or threat's fault that you're a gold enforcer in a lobby against bronze and silver criminals. That's just who's on right now, But when phasing is a thing it can look at players across districts to better match players according to their current skill level aka their threat.

11 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

idk where you are getting the loading times aspect, if anything phasing should reduce waiting times as matchmaking will be able to look at a LARGER pool of players to better MATCH THREAT levels. Threat isn't garbage. It's the lack of player base and the matchmaking is doing it's best with what it's able to see. It's not the matchmaking or threat's fault that you're a gold enforcer in a lobby against bronze and silver criminals. That's just who's on right now, But when phasing is a thing it can look at players across districts to better match players according to their current skill level aka their threat.

funny because apb likes to kick people out when joining a district, add that with the HUD bug whenever you get logged out and you have a disaster. stupid system

8 minutes ago, ninjarrrr said:

funny because apb likes to kick people out when joining a district

I never had that issue

8 minutes ago, ninjarrrr said:

add that with the HUD bug

I've gotten that bug before where the HUD elements disappear but i'm not convinced it's an easily replicated issue.

10 minutes ago, ninjarrrr said:

stupid system

Alright give everybody a better idea. Because adding more players to a district is a bad idea as well. Otherwise if you don't have any constructive criticism why even bother typing anything at all?

4 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

I've gotten that bug before where the HUD elements disappear but i'm not convinced it's an easily replicated issue.

log out more than 2 times, you'll get it

4 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

Alright give everybody a better idea. Because adding more players to a district is a bad idea as well. Otherwise if you don't have any constructive criticism why even bother typing anything at all?

a better idea would be to keep the current system, because phasing is so bad its literally worse than what we have now, and if you can't understand my points are valid critiscm, why even bother replying?

1 hour ago, ninjarrrr said:

a better idea would be to keep the current system, because phasing is so bad its literally worse than what we have now, and if you can't understand my points are valid critiscm, why even bother replying?

I didn't say I didn't understand your criticism; I said it wasn't constructive. I could have just replied to what you said with "stupid post" . But alas, that's not constructive.

1 hour ago, ninjarrrr said:

log out more than 2 times, you'll get it

A: Why are you logging out so much?
B: Phasing shouldn't log you out of your account, unless you mean it happens when you disconnect from a district too many times. I'm sure phasing will change how that works under the hood anyway. If they are properly testing, it should become clear that the disappearing HUD elements bug will need to be fixed.

To be clear, your whole argument is right. not (to me) is that you want the game to be stuck in the past and that the game shouldn't receive fundamental fixes.

So far, since you have not actually given any constructive criticism, I feel you should re-read what the end goal of phasing is. As it will be a multi-step process until it is fully realized (that is, if they succeed with it)

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2023/3/8/apb-2023-roadmap

1 hour ago, R3ACT3M said:

A: Why are you logging out so much?
B: Phasing shouldn't log you out of your account, unless you mean it happens when you disconnect from a district too many times. I'm sure phasing will change how that works under the hood anyway. If they are properly testing, it should become clear that the disappearing HUD elements bug will need to be fixed.

3 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

funny because apb likes to kick people out when joining a district

not just me, but a few friends aswell

1 hour ago, R3ACT3M said:

To be clear, your whole argument is right. not (to me) is that you want the game to be stuck in the past and that the game shouldn't receive fundamental fixes.

So far, since you have not actually given any constructive criticism, I feel you should re-read what the end goal of phasing is. As it will be a multi-step process until it is fully realized (that is, if they succeed with it)

dont get me wrong i want apb to suceed, very much so. but with LO having stupid ideas like phasing, and them taking 5 years just to do 64 bit, i really dont have much faith in them