Sign in to follow this  
Ritual

[PC] 06/01 Maintenance Announcement

Hello everyone,

As previously mentioned, we are having our regular weekly maintenance on Thursday (06/01/2023) this time around. The maintenance will start at 9 AM (UTC) and is expected to last up to 4 hours.

Thank you for your patience while we work on this!

P.S: As always, the thread has been cross-posted from Game Updates for convenience.

• Like 2

May I ask Why we have two of everything.

2 WF east 2 WF west, 2 fin east n 2 fin west, ect

29 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

May I ask Why we have two of everything.

2 WF east 2 WF west, 2 fin east n 2 fin west, ect

Because some players get better connection closer to east or west? There are many players who play from outside of NA.

A decade ago there were 2 populated NA servers,  Colby (WEST) and EAST (Joker) which divided NA player base apart, while Colby (west) allows other players located outside of NA, they were able to play on a ping of 160-180 (Asia + Oceania). G1 merge the server into 1 region,  which later includes the players from the server of Brazil and Asia/oceania (han).  So NA has a large apportion of different regional players. 

how does it feel to lose to someone with a higher ping?

Edited by Deadliest

2 hours ago, Deadliest said:

Because some players get better connection closer to east or west? There are many players who play from outside of NA.

A decade ago there were 2 populated NA servers,  Colby (WEST) and EAST (Joker) which divided NA player base apart, while Colby (west) allows other players located outside of NA, they were able to play on a ping of 160-180 (Asia + Oceania). G1 merge the server into 1 region,  which later includes the players from the server of Brazil and Asia/oceania (han).  So NA has a large apportion of different regional players. 

smh no HAN Trailblazer title 😞

3 hours ago, Deadliest said:

better connection closer to east or west?

I'm not questioning the east and west of everything.

Im asking about why there are two of each, ie Financial West 1, and Financial West 2, WF West 1, WF west 2.

as well as having two easts for each instance. 

Seems to me would be a waste of money running them, server rent wise. 

1 hour ago, mattskoii said:

Nobody can beat Me. I'm the Best, Why if LO handed out a Yearly Event Award, it be called 'The Golden Bolan Award'

n it be a 'wind-up' so ya winds him up n he do a Insult Emote, n he wear the tin hat but it be a golden tin hat

sorry matt it was supposed to quote deadliest

Edited by MACKxBOLAN

3 hours ago, Deadliest said:

colby died so they merged the last 10 players should just be east servers only.

Edited by MonkaS

7 hours ago, MonkaS said:

colby died so they merged the last 10 players should just be east servers only.

That wouldn’t be fair, maybe have it on Dallas again. 

9 hours ago, mattskoii said:

smh no HAN Trailblazer title 😞

Everyone got their titles after the merge even the Russian’s server but not HAN. The title is in their database but forgot to hand them out after the Han character merge to NA.

1 hour ago, Deadliest said:

That wouldn’t be fair, maybe have it on Dallas again. 

Everyone got their titles after the merge even the Russian’s server but not HAN. The title is in their database but forgot to hand them out after the Han character merge to NA.

nah put it back in new york

14 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

nah put it back in new york

Enjoy the Br opposition 

1 hour ago, Deadliest said:

Enjoy the Br opposition 

The ones I play with have a better connection on current US East compared to West and the old Dallas location. New York isn't that much further.

The problem with BR's isn't the latency, it's a mix between netcode and poor infrastructure on Little Orbit's end. It started when G1 implemented their ddos protection. The servers would run great, then they'd crash due to a ddos attack, then run like crap until the service was disabled again. I think it's the same problem today.

I found this in the Fornite Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/awagpo/packet_reordering_technical_post/

In short, the unreal engine dropped out of order packets. Since it was an issue in UE4, I'm guessing the same issue applies to UE3. The symptoms I experience in game match up. It's like I have packet loss, but it says 0 in game. Hits don't count or are randomly delayed. Getting behind cover and still getting hit, even by players who have less than 50ms latency. I had the same issues PUBG on US servers, but less so on EU and Asia servers. My hit registration in SEA was near perfect, despite the 250ms latency.

Little Orbit's current ddos protection is run by Path Network Inc. I'm guessing the packets are being spread between multiple locations, and are arriving out of order due to the slight latency differences. A nanosecond is enough to put a packet out of order.

This is all speculation of course. I don't have access to APB's servers to do a proper test.