Alx56

Premium only Matchmaking

This was under premium revamp in the roadmap https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2023/3/8/apb-2023-roadmap

I do not think this will be good for the game. However, the ability to make matches with friends list would probably be a better choice (and that doesnt have to be part of the premium).
With friends list matches there would need to be stuff removed from rewards or atleast nerfed so its not exploitable or a faster way to grind than normal
If it would be apart of premium the one that makes the match should be able to invite non premiums aswell on their friends list

Hello,

I have moved this topic to the Social District (General Discussion) section of our APB Reloaded forums.

- Azukii

Personally I do not like the idea of premium matchmaking. 
Maybe if APB has thousands of players (not hundreds), otherwise it just feels like pooping on the guy who can’t afford premium.

I do like the idea of being able to set up matches though.

So somebody in LO decided that "Prime" should be implemented into APB.

Nice. We don't even have playerbase to support it.

And it won't help in any way, other than pretty much destroying any chances for new player to play.

This isn't CS:GO, it's too small for new player to even consider starting adventure with this game from buying premium. Hell.  If I would start now (as new player), I would consider it as red flag when starting this game.

Edited by Mitne

Premium matchmaking? NO! HELL NO! We don't need to split the playbase even more. The threat system as is limits matchmaking.

Having an option for private matches is a good idea, but I'm not sure if it can be done in a financially sound way with the current APB server/district configuration. I know this is far reach, but I really like the ability to host a private instance on my own hardware. APB is not popular enough to support this, it's just something every multiplayer game should have to keep it running if the main servers ever go down.

Such a system won't do anything anyways, as proven by every other game in history that has tried it. Cheaters will just buy premium, granting them access to the "cheater free" matchmaking.

But hey, it's good PR optics that the brainless masses will gobble right up and heap praise on LO for.

Fine for it and better services with premium, but a game without/less cheaters it should be a standart, not a optional...

OFC, with better service at least I excepct also better punishment for who decide to cheat using premium, at least a kernal/hardware and atm card whatever ban for whoever decide to get premium.

And well done.. not something  crap halfdone ban where a cheater may continue cheating using bullshoot selfmade programs where they just changing the hard disk serial number or just installing new drivers/bios or installing a new Windows/  operating system.

Edited by PingOVER9000