RCooper

Buff or remove the Macchina Cosenza

The Macchina Cosenza is arguably the worst car in the game,but it is given to new players as a gift.Due to being a gifted car,you would expect it to be better than the Macchina Calabria(the default car) ,but it is clearly a much worse car than the calabria. So yeah buff the macchina cosenza or remove it as a gifted car.

I dont have a lot of idea about balancing in general but I think the biggest problem with this car is how little torque it has.

The ideal point would be making it as good as the han veo.

This will improve a little bit the experience for new players,and it will be helpful for the missions where this car appears.

• Like 1

Well there is certainly a  reason why you and everybody, we received it for FREE ... better they find fast the answer and learn it for well when they explode inside it 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RCooper said:

The Macchina Cosenza is arguably the worst car in the game,but it is given to new players as a gift.Due to being a gifted car,you would expect it to be better than the Macchina Calabria(the default car) ,but it is clearly a much worse car than the calabria. So yeah buff the macchina cosenza or remove it as a gifted car.

I dont have a lot of idea about balancing in general but I think the biggest problem with this car is how little torque it has.

The ideal point would be making it as good as the han veo.

This will improve a little bit the experience for new players,and it will be helpful for the missions where this car appears.

Honestly, some of the cars are unrealistically terrible; they need to overhaul the stats of most cars, cause there's a clear meta and it's a bit boring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RCooper said:

it is given to new players

Because its a Starter car. 

It is designed for first time starting players, who don't know how to drive.

It is forgiving, easy to turn and stop.

A first time beginner drives a starter car like someone driving the jeep, or vegas for the first time.

Its also free to spawn, when you're very low rank a car spawn fee of 50-100 bucks can set u back.

If U buff it they'll be running into walls. They gonna try to drive like us n crash n burn.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Well there is certainly a  reason why you and everybody, we received it for FREE ... better they find fast the answer and learn it for well when they explode inside it 😂

hahahaha true, still a buff wouldnt save them of that happening XD

40 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

Honestly, some of the cars are unrealistically terrible; they need to overhaul the stats of most cars, cause there's a clear meta and it's a bit boring.

True but cars like the macchina cosenza arent mean to be anywhere near the meta.When it comes to the current meta ,there is only one car the coywolf.

37 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Because its a Starter car. 

It is designed for first time starting players, who don't know how to drive.

It is forgiving, easy to turn and stop.

A first time beginner drives a starter car like someone driving the jeep, or vegas for the first time.

Its also free to spawn, when you're very low rank a car spawn fee of 50-100 bucks can set u back.

If U buff it they'll be running into walls. They gonna try to drive like us n crash n burn.

The other cars that are free to spawn are way much more better than it.

I am not talking about it making it as good as a vegas or something like that,just level it up with the rest of free to spawn cars.

Like I said the buff should be so it is as good as the han veo for example, another free to spawn car.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RCooper said:

The other cars that are free to spawn are way much more better than it.

I am not talking about it making it as good as a vegas or something like that,just level it up with the rest of free to spawn cars.

Like I said the buff should be so it is as good as the han veo for example, another free to spawn car.

Sigh.. you are right.

A candle for all the SUV and Pick-up cars tough as the italian paperboard shoes during the WW2 in Russia Campaign....

39 minutes ago, RCooper said:

the rest of free to spawn cars.

Most cars are free to spawn at your Contact's garage only.

The gas stations and other places cost a fee.

I believe its 25 for none slotted, 50 for single slot, and so on.

But I guess they could give it a little more mid-range acceleration 

1 hour ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Most cars are free to spawn at your Contact's garage only.

The gas stations and other places cost a fee.

I believe its 25 for none slotted, 50 for single slot, and so on.

But I guess they could give it a little more mid-range acceleration 

All cars are free to spawn the first time you spawn them in a district.

There are some cars that are always free to spawn  like the Han veo, machina cosenza and calabria,etc.

Others cost 25 like the dolton montane,the broadwing,etc.

Other cost 50 like patriot t-25,dolton fresno,etc.

And others 100 like the vegas,vegas 4x4,coywolf,etc.

The amount of mods slots doesnt matter for the spawn price.A vegas with 0 mod slots costs the same to spawn as one that has 4 mods slots.

I'm smiling at the thought of it having Pioneer health.
Really that could give newbs more time to drive for cover, force the pros to use their concs/switch to alig. X)

Car balance overhaul where are you? I wanna see the Espacio and Pioneer get their health back

6 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Car balance overhaul where are you? I wanna see the Espacio and Pioneer get their health back

The health change WAS the overhaul, at least for the meta vehicles.

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

The health change WAS the overhaul, at least for the meta vehicles.

wdym? their health was changed to be lower years ago at this point right? And in their roadmap they said they want to do a pass over all the vehicles in the game. I wouldn't mind the pioneer and espacio being slower as long as they can tank an omsaw shot again.

7 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I wouldn't mind the pioneer and espacio being slower as long as they can tank an omsaw shot again.

That's the key detail people keep missing.

Durable vehicles should be tanks, but slow.

Fast vehicles should be fast, but paper thin.

Currently, the top end vehicles have both durability and speed, which makes all other choices completely obsolete and objectively wrong to choose.

15 hours ago, Hexerin said:

That's the key detail people keep missing.

Durable vehicles should be tanks, but slow.

Fast vehicles should be fast, but paper thin.

Currently, the top end vehicles have both durability and speed, which makes all other choices completely obsolete and objectively wrong to choose.

Exactly each car should have a place. The 4x4 vegas is fast, but is really unstable and tends to bounce a lot, rwd vegas has high top speed but takes a second to get there. Mikro and Vaq are all acceleration, Rapier and the mustang look a like are great sports cars, the growl (for me) is a nice middle ground of doesn't bounce too much, but is quick enough a sort of upgrade to the Rapier. But i'd like to see one of the Soccer mom vans get a Coywolf treatment.

it's a 4 door calabria that's slightly quicker and is capable of spawning in 4 players at the same time including you as opposed to two if you equip it with the free mobile spawn point mod that comes with it as well

and sure it might look like something only your mother would drive but besides the speed difference this is already a genuine step up in tactical advantage if the car's parked in a good spot lol 

https://apbdb.com/items/Vehicle_Car_A_UtilityHatchback/compare?item=Vehicle_Car_A_Utility2DCoupe

here's another idea, why not give them a week or so long vehicle trial of their choice(akin to the starter weapon trials) and then a 50% off discount for the first contact vehicle they buy with in-game cash to incentivize playing and achieving something

if you buff the mommy minivan too hard they might cling to it for longer than they're supposed to

Edited by Optimus_Crime

18 hours ago, Optimus_Crime said:

it's a 4 door calabria that's slightly quicker and is capable of spawning in 4 players at the same time including you as opposed to two if you equip it with the free mobile spawn point mod that comes with it as well

and sure it might look like something only your mother would drive but besides the speed difference this is already a genuine step up in tactical advantage if the car's parked in a good spot lol 

https://apbdb.com/items/Vehicle_Car_A_UtilityHatchback/compare?item=Vehicle_Car_A_Utility2DCoupe

here's another idea, why not give them a week or so long vehicle trial of their choice(akin to the starter weapon trials) and then a 50% off discount for the first contact vehicle they buy with in-game cash to incentivize playing and achieving something

if you buff the mommy minivan too hard they might cling to it for longer than they're supposed to

Yeah the cosenza has a slightly better top speed but the calabria is AWD and the cosenza is FWD,also the biggest difference is the torque,look at  the graphs of vehicule torque ,the cosenza has 6 peak torque and the calabria has 30. That is a 24 points of difference.For reference at its peak the vegas has 120 torque.The bigger top speed doesnt matter much because the cosenza takes two years to reach top speed,the accelaration of the macchina calabria is way more valuable.

When it comes to free to spawn four seaters ,the han veo or the balkan ravan are way better options.

The cosenza needs it torque increase so it can compete with the rest of free to spawn cars.

The trial is a good option for armas,but for contacts,it is stupid,there is no point in trying something they cant get at that moment,they can trial a nulander pioneer for example but u cant not get one until u are rank 70-80 or something like that and it is 0 slot,it is garbage.A 50% off discount for the first contact vehicle they buy with in-game cash will only help veteran's alts because new players will waste that in a 0 slot cisco or something like that,but the veteran will not buy any cars until he can get a 4 slot pionner or espacio for half of the price.

The mommy minivan like u said need to small buff to be level with the rest of the free cars,because unless u buy something from the auction or armas,unlocking the top cars with 1 slot takes a lot of time, u need to be around 150 rank I think for a car like the vegas,pioneer,espacio,etc.

removing stuff in apb lol good idea, and no point buffing it because its only used for 5 minutes until you get a better car anyway

1 hour ago, ninjarrrr said:

removing stuff in apb lol good idea, and no point buffing it because its only used for 5 minutes until you get a better car anyway

Reading the full post before commenting can be very helpful btw,not just reading the title of the post.

2 hours ago, RCooper said:

Reading the full post before commenting can be very helpful btw,not just reading the title of the post.

understanding that both new and old players use the cosenza for only 5 minutes can also be helpful

2 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

understanding that both new and old players use the cosenza for only 5 minutes can also be helpful

"5 minutes"(it is way more time) that are the most important ones becuase most people dont play beyond that.

Small things like buffing this "unimportant" car could make a big difference for people during those "5 minutes".

Edited by RCooper
  • Like 2

Nitro booster does not function on balkan ravan. It only makes noise.