Sign in to follow this  
Yapopal

Unlock the function of exiting a mission with a rival

Don't you think it's silly to restart the game or waste time on red medals?What is the point of blocking the function of exiting a mission with an opponent?  Why entertain jerks with Colby and NTEK.
 You say - become better. I answer - I come to play at my own pace, with NORMAL players.

Unlock at least the exit from the area. And assign a danger level to the districts. This will allow me to understand where to get away from esports players.

These changes are insignificant, but they will give a choice. There is no choice now. There is only a way out of the game. It's stupid, very stupid.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Yapopal said:

Don't you think it's silly to restart the game or waste time on red medals?What is the point of blocking the function of exiting a mission with an opponent?  Why entertain jerks with Colby and NTEK.
 You say - become better. I answer - I come to play at my own pace, with NORMAL players.

Unlock at least the exit from the area. And assign a danger level to the districts. This will allow me to understand where to get away from esports players.

These changes are insignificant, but they will give a choice. There is no choice now. There is only a way out of the game. It's stupid, very stupid.

you aren't the only person who will use this feature, why should "colby and ntec players" have to sit and not play as every match is forfeited as soon as it starts?

Why should I care? Let them leave the mission at least a hundred times in a row. It's their right. I'm looking for equal opponents in the game, this is normal. 
There is no system of matching EQUAL opponents in the game, I suggested a simple way out. This can be done literally by Wednesday. To do at least something, for a while, at least somehow patch up this hole.

Merged.

This is happening literally now. In each mission there is a gray nickname of a dude who left the game just for the sake of not playing with an unequal opponent. Well, this is the height of masochism that everyone is used to.

• Like 1

at this point just play a single player game with keyboard cheats actived for easy godmode... or just do something for improving your skills

18 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

at this point just play a single player game with keyboard cheats actived for easy godmode... or just do something for improving your skills

I want to play this game with equal opponents. Your advice will not help in any way.

1st. change:Hide threat.Just blue rank for enforcers and red for criminals.Thats how most times the matchmaking will work better just because of the fact gold players not gonna leave matches right away when see they are about to team with lower threats

2nd. change:Disable factions.Pool of 100 is way better than pool of 50(chance to get better matching x2)

These two changes in combo are enough to improve the matches big time

With 1st(hiddin threat)u also decrease the toxicity in the game which mostly comes from arrogant golds.All u have to do is makin all threats in 2 colors and remove the message about threat from lobby(when choose character)and the pop up in game when ur threat changes

With the 2nd besides u increase the pool double but also make sense.The story of the game says(if u read some mails :p)dat theres competition/wars even inside the factions.Example is Prentiss Tigers and Praetorians(which think about the tigers like some low lifes)

To conclude:This changes are easy and not gonna take long to make.This phasing/cross district is probably still months away and who knows what disaster will turn out to be

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Yapopal said:

I want to play this game with equal opponents. Your advice will not help in any way.

Sincerly I wanted to help.. it's just actually you cant play at your own pace, neither you can't ask your opponents/ teamate do the same, that's how the game structure at the end always been, you can only adapt until you reach the peace of others or just quit.

Assuming you have decent FPS and good latency, nothing stop you from improving or play better, I am not telling you are bad, just post a record video of half hour for seeing how you play against the tryhard you metion, people may help you with some suggestion or maybe I will be the one learn something from you.

No matter what I offer, the locals reduce everything to the fact that everything is good in the game now, and my offers are bad. But the game is so bad that it couldn't be worse. What has anti-cheat changed? He banned the unfortunate fools who somehow wanted to fight back against the cyber psychos who are shaming this game on twitch with ugly potato graphics. I understand that they do not violate the rules of the game. But I don't want to, I refuse to fight them. They are killing this game by perverting its rules and mechanics.

55 minutes ago, Yapopal said:

No matter what I offer, the locals reduce everything to the fact that everything is good in the game now, and my offers are bad. But the game is so bad that it couldn't be worse. What has anti-cheat changed? He banned the unfortunate fools who somehow wanted to fight back against the cyber psychos who are shaming this game on twitch with ugly potato graphics. I understand that they do not violate the rules of the game. But I don't want to, I refuse to fight them. They are killing this game by perverting its rules and mechanics.

no one is saying everything is good, your suggestion will just make things even worse

if, as you say, one player per match quits right now by exiting the game, how many will quit when it’s so much easier?

will you be the first to complain that you cannot play when all your opponents leave  at the start of the mission?

9 minutes ago, glaciers said:

no one is saying everything is good, your suggestion will just make things even worse

if, as you say, one player per match quits right now by exiting the game, how many will quit when it’s so much easier?

will you be the first to complain that you cannot play when all your opponents leave  at the start of the mission?

Killing yourself with a grenade twice and texting the leader is pretty easy... But it's stupid, especially if the leader doesn't know how to kick players... Why this headache? I do not like the enemy or teammates - went out and forgot. Why pull the cat by the balls? Why waste time and nerves?

59 minutes ago, Yapopal said:

Killing yourself with a grenade twice and texting the leader is pretty easy... But it's stupid, especially if the leader doesn't know how to kick players... Why this headache? I do not like the enemy or teammates - went out and forgot. Why pull the cat by the balls? Why waste time and nerves?

idk how many more ways i can explain this

you ready up

you get a mission

your opponents all leave because they say the match is unfair

the mission ends immediately, no rewards are given

you ready up again

you get another mission

your opponents all leave again because they say the match is unfair

you ready up again

you get another mission

you ready up again

you get another mission

it has been 1 hour and you have not been able to play the game, do you continue?

Edited by glaciers

Well what would stop people from leaving every game they get in? If match making sets up 1v1 then I can see it being fine, as everyone can agree those matches have no place in APB. (2v2 and 3v3 are also just as bad, but not leave worthy)

4 hours ago, Yapopal said:

I answer - I come to play at my own pace, with NORMAL players.

Curious argument, considering you're playing a PvP game... Which the whole point of player vs. player is to outpace your opponent, but it seems you're the one who can't handle the pace your opp is setting for you. And before you get defensive, there's nothing wrong with losing; just learn from it and if you don't derive enjoyment from the activity take a holiday, permanent or otherwise.

The only "/forfeit" that should be allowed are in cases of a 1-vs-1; they're a joke and not at all what this game was built for.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yapopal said:

'I come to play at my own pace'  in a 10 year old game? with low population.

Sir you are late in the game should had started during the early years when the game first release, there where everyone was learning how to play.

who knows maybe there's no players playing at your own pace and you are the only one left?

just move ur mouse a little more and click on their characters, pew pew. simple

11 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

2nd. change:Disable factions.Pool of 100 is way better than pool of 50(chance to get better matching x2)

For how they have further developed since release ( about nothing) the factions and lore, about disable them I dont see nothing of hurtful with this option... I dont think LO will make anything about improving the lore and ambientation of the game... too late or maybe not, not telling these changes will be bad reviewed, probabily the opposite, it's  just unfortunately clear is  too much to chew for them just the thinking.

11 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

1st. change:Hide threat.Just blue rank for enforcers and red for criminals.Thats how most times the matchmaking will work better just because of the fact gold players not gonna leave matches right away when see they are about to team with lower threats

NO.

It's already unpleasent the current situation for new players playing their first missions already against veterans with kk hours and unlocked explosive/ slotted weapons, mods etc...

and for a lot  vets/people is also the same, it's unpleasant and boring  too playing, a waste of time playing against players not at your level, let alone if they've joined the game just a pair of hours ago.

12 hours ago, glaciers said:

you ready up

you get a mission

you ready up again

I don't think it will be that bad. In another topic I wrote how to avoid this. For each exit from the mission, the player receives a red medal. 5 red medals = kick from the district without being able to return back within 15 minutes. In order for this to work normally, you need to paste danger level signs on the districts, so the player will understand where to go.

3 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

NO.

It's already unpleasent the current situation for new players playing their first missions already against veterans with kk hours and unlocked explosive/ slotted weapons, mods etc...

and for a lot  vets/people is also the same, it's unpleasant and boring  too playing, a waste of time playing against players not at your level, let alone if they've joined the game just a pair of hours ago.

I dont see what hiddin the threat will impact so much the new players..everybody are better than most of them anyway(regardless visible/hidden threat)In fact new players can be more beneficial from hidden threat just because of fact that some veterans will decide to stay in mission with them and not leavin right away when they see them in their team(like happenin right now in every match)

you ready up

you get a mission

you ready up again

I don't think it will be that bad. In another topic I wrote how to avoid this. For each exit from the mission, the player receives a red medal. 5 red medals = kick from the district without being able to return back within 15 minutes. In order for this to work normally, you need to paste danger level signs on the districts, so the player will understand where to go

Hes right sry..this maybe makes sense but we also have limited amount of districts now

Edited by TheMessiah

On 5/21/2023 at 2:17 AM, Deadliest said:

'I come to play at my own pace'  in a 10 year old game? with low population.

Sir you are late in the game should had started during the early years when the game first release, there where everyone was learning how to play.

who knows maybe there's no players playing at your own pace and you are the only one left?

Don't jump to conclusions. My clock counter is currently at 5879. I played this game when it was paid on the RTV server. My computer ran this game only if the occupied amount of RAM did not exceed 300 MB. Despite the anime FPS, the game was interesting. At RTV, there was a choice whether I wanted to fight with the proposed team or not. Before disabling matchmaking, I had a choice of districts. Right now I can't choose anything but to join a clan and play as a team. But this is not an option, because the choice of the opponent comes down to whether he is ready. The outcome of the mission is almost always clear at the first stage of the mission. It is not interesting to continue, who will get the role of meat is already clear.

I have proposed a solution to the problem with minimal costs. We won't see rainbow inter-district matchmaking for at least a year. And when it is released, a bunch of new bugs will appear.
I believe that the main mistake of developers is too long-term plans. They want to solve the problems of the game, but they do it too thoroughly. Any change concerning the machemaking can be rolled back. But not doing anything NOW is a very big mistake.
If the ship is sinking, you need to patch the hole. Instead, LO is building a new ship. Only no one will need this ship anymore.

Merged.

On 5/21/2023 at 1:22 PM, TheMessiah said:

I dont see what hiddin the threat will impact so much the new players..everybody are better than most of them anyway(regardless visible/hidden threat)In fact new players can be more beneficial from hidden threat just because of fact that some veterans will decide to stay in mission with them and not leavin right away when they see them in their team(like happenin right now in every match)

Hes right sry..this maybe makes sense but we also have limited amount of districts now

Just create a new character and play without your cool cars, mods, weapons. You will understand how miserable the new player feels.

The number of districts will increase with the introduction of danger level signs. Let them be incomplete, but there will be at least some order in them. You also need to enter a nerve for entering the district with low skill players. And a buff of points for entering a district with a high level of play

This was the case before, but this system was very weak and did not affect the player's choice. For this to work, much greater leverage is needed.

Edited by Yapopal
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Yapopal said:
7 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Just create a new character and play without your cool cars, mods, weapons. You will understand how miserable the new player feels.

The number of districts will increase with the introduction of danger level signs. Let them be incomplete, but there will be at least some order in them. You also need to enter a nerve for entering the district with low skill players. And a buff of points for entering a district with a high level of play

This was the case before, but this system was very weak and did not affect the player's choice. For this to work, much greater leverage is needed.

Edited 7 hours ago by Yapopal

Perfect answer, I put a like for it.

7 hours ago, Yapopal said:

Right now I can't choose anything but to join a clan and play as a team. But this is not an option, because the choice of the opponent comes down to whether he is ready. The outcome of the mission is almost always clear at the first stage of the mission. It is not interesting to continue, who will get the role of meat is already clear.

I have proposed a solution to the problem with minimal costs. We won't see rainbow inter-district matchmaking for at least a year. And when it is released, a bunch of new bugs will appear.
I believe that the main mistake of developers is too long-term plans. They want to solve the problems of the game, but they do it too thoroughly. Any change concerning the machemaking can be rolled back. But not doing anything NOW is a very big mistake.
If the ship is sinking, you need to patch the hole. Instead, LO is building a new ship. Only no one will need this ship anymore.

Exactly what I and others told, you and everybody here, me incluse, have no choice except adapt with the current system.

Anyway, I dont think the old system is good solution with the same settings , neither temporany setted, let's be realistic it has never worked well because there are several lacks/ developsholes and during the years Devs have never invested time for patch them or try several solutions ...

We know actually LO devs are working on something,  What I argue a little, we dont know exactly what they are working about, how and what they are planning to do about the new rank system, what their planning with machmaking seems a formula similar to game like Team fortress  but other things are pretty unclear despite on the paper seems pretty promising, good if planned well at least for me then another probabily have other opinions but... it will still be a no choice, we have to take it or adapt to it I guess... I hope it will be something good. but ....😐

Sourcehttps://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2023/3/8/apb-2023-roadmap