Sign in to follow this  
Reprimand

Star 556 is still a dubious weapon.

It's the perfect gun but it really is outshined by most other weapons and mods break it. 

The STAR needs some adjustments to fit the current meta. Its damage and cyclic rate is great but it needs more range and especially needs work to fit the mods without it getting bloomed to hell or wildly inaccurate while hip firing at close range. 

1 hour ago, PingOVER9000 said:

if you want its upgrade, just get a FAR

The FAR is exceptional and it has an identity. This is the problem with the STAR, that it doesn't improve with modifications and has a ridiculous bloom. 

26 minutes ago, Reprimand said:

The FAR is exceptional and it has an identity. This is the problem with the STAR, that it doesn't improve with modifications and has a ridiculous bloom. 

exceptional?

Honestly I dont see a lot of difference and find both of them sort of incostitent... not telling they are bad with any red mods installed, just I find both them sort of RNG weapon, one day perform pretty good, the next day, they become a sort of ghost of the day before.

Stat wise, there arent particular difference:

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_AssaultRifle_FAR-Sight_Slot3_Armas/compare?item=Weapon_AssaultRifle_STAR

Anyway, STAR 556 is the starter weapon... I think it's sort of right it's just an OK  free gun,  without nothing exceptional or distinctive...

Making a comparing, what you are asking is like playing an fantasy RPG and tell to the Devs, "" EHI ! it's not right my wooden sticky after levelling up become useless! Make the wooden stick able to upgrade and strong as the legendary sword of the end game""...  everybody in the room spent days concepting and designing the sword/ story, I bet they'll have at least the slighty itching to know your house address... and not for good intentions.

😂

Edited by PingOVER9000

On 5/20/2023 at 2:34 PM, PingOVER9000 said:

exceptional?

Honestly I dont see a lot of difference and find both of them sort of incostitent... not telling they are bad with any red mods installed, just I find both them sort of RNG weapon, one day perform pretty good, the next day, they become a sort of ghost of the day before.

Stat wise, there arent particular difference:

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_AssaultRifle_FAR-Sight_Slot3_Armas/compare?item=Weapon_AssaultRifle_STAR

Anyway, STAR 556 is the starter weapon... I think it's sort of right it's just an OK  free gun,  without nothing exceptional or distinctive...

Making a comparing, what you are asking is like playing an fantasy RPG and tell to the Devs, "" EHI ! it's not right my wooden sticky after levelling up become useless! Make the wooden stick able to upgrade and strong as the legendary sword of the end game""...  everybody in the room spent days concepting and designing the sword/ story, I bet they'll have at least the slighty itching to know your house address... and not for good intentions.

😂

The FAR is amazing when tap fired. You can also full auto at close range, but it doesn't solve all of your problems, you still need to hit your opponent and watch your bloom. 

The STAR is amazing at close to medium range. You can tap fire at longer distances but it has weaker damage, and up close you can full auto in marksmanship mode to get a consistent kill provided you follow your target well. 

However, this is where it starts and stops. When you put mods on a STAR, it becomes ineffective. IR3 makes it bloom to high heaven. HS3 makes it so you have to crouch fire to win battles.

I think a revamp where level 1 and 2 mods make a comeback would be welcome. 

On 5/21/2023 at 11:53 PM, Reprimand said:

When you put mods on a STAR, it becomes ineffective. IR3 makes it bloom to high heaven. HS3 makes it so you have to crouch fire to win battles.I

think a revamp where level 1 and 2 mods make a comeback would be welcome. 

Well.. I have mixed feelings giving any buff  to the STAR 556,  lately it also received some for a better CQC, anyway about just making the STAR 556 more viable with red mod/IR3  I dont see anything bad too...you have reason,  It would be nice some devs give some thought especially thinking about the huge baits are the  premodded stars in armas...

I hope indirectly also resolve tha matter for STAR LCR.. it's so horrible !

Edited by PingOVER9000
Anyway I dont think you ever touched a Far for over 2 days