Ritual

[PC] 05/17 Maintenance Announcement (Build #1385)

55 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

revert back all the secondary buffs/nerfs to like they were before in like 2019-2020.

we now can buy those secondaries on joker shop, what's the point of not reverting all changes?

in the past, some guns were extremely OP, but now you can buy almost everything on joker shop.

that’s not how balance works

• Like 2

2 hours ago, glaciers said:

that’s not how balance works

tell me when G1/LO ballanced anything?

52 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

tell me when G1/LO ballanced anything?

literally this thread you’re posting in??????

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, glaciers said:

literally this thread you’re posting in??????

exactly, they didn't balanced anything

Really liking this patch so far, especially the fact that the ACT doesn't lose accuracy from strafing anymore. While I'd rather have the high FPS sliding bug solved completely at least this makes it have no effect on ACT marksmanship accuracy. I also like that the RFP Talon is finally decent without being overshadowed by the Fang or just bad all around.

Hopefully for the next patch some of the less used primaries will get buffs too. I think the Curse and Tommygun (M-1922) deserve a look. The Curse is overshadowed by the also underused ACES rifle in both range and TTK so I believe they should be at least equal on range, and the Tommygun could get a fire rate increase to get its TTK in line with the VAS-C2/Trouble Maker. The Trouble Maker is much easier to handle than the Tommygun so it makes no sense for it to have more killing power, yet I don't feel like a nerf to the Trouble Maker is justified with the PMG in its current state.

Edited by mojical

4 hours ago, mojical said:

Really liking this patch so far, especially the fact that the ACT doesn't lose accuracy from strafing anymore. While I'd rather have the high FPS sliding bug solved completely at least this makes it have no effect on ACT marksmanship accuracy. I also like that the RFP Talon is finally decent without being overshadowed by the Fang or just bad all around.

Hopefully for the next patch some of the less used primaries will get buffs too. I think the Curse and Tommygun (M-1922) deserve a look. The Curse is overshadowed by the also underused ACES rifle in both range and TTK so I believe they should be at least equal on range, and the Tommygun could get a fire rate increase to get its TTK in line with the VAS-C2/Trouble Maker. The Trouble Maker is much easier to handle than the Tommygun so it makes no sense for it to have more killing power, yet I don't feel like a nerf to the Trouble Maker is justified with the PMG in its current state.

They really need to decide if the Tommy Gun is an SMG or a rifle. The mods for it make little sense. 

14 hours ago, mojical said:

The ACES Rifle is an assault rifle and kinda *should* overshadow it in a way.  Curse needs some adjustments but its mainly an SMG that caters to players that ADS.  M-1922 is largely fine other than it needs its original recoil back.

9 hours ago, Reprimand said:

They really need to decide if the Tommy Gun is an SMG or a rifle. The mods for it make little sense. 

What mods.  Its an SMG and has always been considered an SMG.

1 hour ago, SkittyM said:

M-1922 is largely fine other than it needs its original recoil back.

Are you high? The M-1922 was fucking trash with that recoil. It's why literally nobody used it.

The M-1922 is trash because G1 nerfed the accuracy. The recoil was 90% vertical which is easy to control, but it required too much desk space. The lowered accuracy made it worse against other SMG/AR hybrids, and the hip fire recoil makes it less viable against SMGs.

The 'Hazardous' legendary is pointless. It has normal preset mods,  and a free 2 slot M-1922 is unlocked from the later contacts. I would give it Chambered Round, and one open slot. At least then it has something better than the normal model.

1 hour ago, SkittyM said:

M-1922 is largely fine other than it needs its original recoil back.

It has terrible range and accuracy. The description says you have to fire it from a braced position but that is largely ineffective for what should be an SMG. The only weapons you do that with are the LMGs. It should be something you can hip fire on the move like the rest of the SMGs. 

What mods.  Its an SMG and has always been considered an SMG.

Why do you have to put such awkward mods on it? Does it use HS3 or RS1? Does it use IR3? It is largely unclear. The weapon design for it is awful. It's a troll weapon. 

Edited by Reprimand

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Are you high? The M-1922 was fucking trash with that recoil. It's why literally nobody used it.

People used the M-1922 until RP went in some entirely jank direction and gave it a recoil curve.  It was pretty unfun to use after that and you just never saw the thing ever again.  LO Couldn't find the original recoil values so instead its curve got adjusted to make it more usable but it still sucks.

3 hours ago, BlatMan said:

The M-1922 is trash because G1 nerfed the accuracy. The recoil was 90% vertical which is easy to control, but it required too much desk space. The lowered accuracy made it worse against other SMG/AR hybrids, and the hip fire recoil makes it less viable against SMGs.

The 'Hazardous' legendary is pointless. It has normal preset mods,  and a free 2 slot M-1922 is unlocked from the later contacts. I would give it Chambered Round, and one open slot. At least then it has something better than the normal model.

Honestly i don't remember an accuracy nerf but, i do know its had a few changes before RP started throwing curves on half the guns so im unsure.  The recoil was the main thing balancing it out (kinda like the SHAW but not obnoxious to control) and the gun was mainly meant to be used in marksmen, not from the hip. 

The 'Hazardous' was one of the first legendary weapons and had just never been touched since.  It should be updated with maybe its own unique mod if one can be figured out but that's stuff for much later.

3 hours ago, Reprimand said:

It has terrible range and accuracy. The description says you have to fire it from a braced position but that is largely ineffective for what should be an SMG. The only weapons you do that with are the LMGs. It should be something you can hip fire on the move like the rest of the SMGs. 

Why do you have to put such awkward mods on it? Does it use HS3 or RS1? Does it use IR3? It is largely unclear. The weapon design for it is awful. It's a troll weapon. 

I have no idea how it has terrible range and accuracy when its effective range is 30m, like the other SMGs, and its more accurate in marksmen than some SMGs .  The "braced position" is just flavor text referring to the high recoil it had and is a bit outdated.  I guess in concept a "braced position" just means to take cover and use marksmen. 

While most SMGs can be used from the hip, some are a bit more geared for marksmen (ACES, Curse, Manic.) and the M-1922 is one of those.  HS3 and muzzlebrake i think were two of the de-facto mods you would use on it, i know HS3 was at least originally.

Good job! We are looking forward for new changes/fixes/balance patches

Edited by wHisHi

8 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

While most SMGs can be used from the hip, some are a bit more geared for marksmen (ACES, Curse, Manic.) and the M-1922 is one of those. 

the problem is the effort:performance ratio is no longer worth it - even if you squeeze every bit of juice out of the tommy gun you still don’t have the fastest ttk, or the best accuracy, or the longest range, or the most mobility

the c2, aces smg, atac, even the huntress all easily overshadow the tommy gun in some way, with far less work 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Reprimand said:

MS + HS3 made sense back in the day when you could use this at longer ranges and benefit from the accuracy gain. Nowadays I just used MS + RS1 for less zoom/more FOV. Agree it's more of a troll gun now or when you want extra challenge...

3 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Honestly i don't remember an accuracy nerf but, i do know its had a few changes before RP started throwing curves on half the guns so im unsure.  The recoil was the main thing balancing it out (kinda like the SHAW but not obnoxious to control) and the gun was mainly meant to be used in marksmen, not from the hip. 

I have no idea how it has terrible range and accuracy when its effective range is 30m, like the other SMGs, and its more accurate in marksmen than some SMGs .  The "braced position" is just flavor text referring to the high recoil it had and is a bit outdated.  I guess in concept a "braced position" just means to take cover and use marksmen. 

While most SMGs can be used from the hip, some are a bit more geared for marksmen (ACES, Curse, Manic.) and the M-1922 is one of those.  HS3 and muzzlebrake i think were two of the de-facto mods you would use on it, i know HS3 was at least originally.

I don't think there was a direct accuracy nerf, more of a combination of things. Tommy gun was one of the weapons that was affected by the big range patch, back before the patch when weapons lost little damage over distance it could reliably kill people at 40 m and still injure at ~50 m (no CJ3 obviously). After the patch it does peanuts beyond 30 m. The old Tommy Gun was also 1 less shot to kill making it easier to use. Couple that with the random recoil curves you mentioned that RP was messing with at the time that made recoil less predictable and gun harder to control that resulted in missing more. Having low damage per shot (10 stk) and aggressive recoil means this weapon is an assist monster often getting 70-85 assists whereas with other weapons one could more reliably get kills in that scenario with less effort too.

Edited by Weaboos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Weaboos said:

I don't think there was a direct accuracy nerf, more of a combination of things. Tommy gun was one of the weapons that was affected by the big range patch, back before the patch when weapons lost little damage over distance it could reliably kill people at 40 m and still injure at ~50 m (no CJ3 obviously). After the patch it does peanuts beyond 30 m. The old Tommy Gun was also 1 less shot to kill making it easier to use. Couple that with the random recoil curves you mentioned that RP was messing with at the time that made recoil less predictable and gun harder to control that resulted in missing more. Having low damage per shot (10 stk) and aggressive recoil means this weapon is an assist monster often getting 70-85 assists whereas with other weapons one could more reliably get kills in that scenario with less effort too.

Good Feedback and it seems about right, I hope they will give a look at it.

Tommy Gun is such a cool weapon fallen and ""punished"" in the oblivion of the troll, it deserve second change!

It will be nice to see pistols other than the .45 finally being played 

On 5/16/2023 at 4:24 PM, Ritual said:

Hello, San Paro! 

Did you get your hands on one of many goods this week? We hope you did not sleep through it because it's now the time to wrap up the festivities and bring back the everyday conflict to the city's streets.

We will say farewell to the Little Orbit Day event and the 'Beacon' map with a new game patch for PC that will go live on Wednesday (05/17/2023). The maintenance will start at 9 AM (UTC) and last between 4 and 6 hours.

Patch Notes:

GENERAL CHANGES:

• The default track count for themes and songs has been increased from 6 to 8 in the Music Studio.
  • The usable mod reminder HUD notification now positions itself on the bottom of the screen instead of the center.

BALANCE CHANGES:

• Med Spray
  1. Cooldown (45s -> 90s)
  • Fr0g & Fr0g-SD
  1. Ramp Distance (1000 -> 1200)
  • RSA
  1. Radius at Ten Meters (16 -> 14)
  2. Walk Modifier (1.5 -> 1.3)
  3. Sprint Delay (0.73 -> 0.625)
  4. Refire interval (0.88s -> 0.80s)
  • ACT44
  1. Radius at Ten Meters (20 > 18)
  2. Walk Modifier (1.2 -> 1.0)
  3. Sprint Delay (0.73 -> 0.625)
  • Apocalypse Pistol (Harbinger)
  1. Recoil changed from RSA's to ACT44's
  • RFP9
  1. Marksmanship Modifier (0.32 -> 0.64)
  2. Health Damage (110 -> 133)
  3. Ramp Distance (4000 -> 3000)
  4. Minimum Damage Range (1500 -> 2000)
  5. Ammo Pool Capacity (120 -> 105)
  6. Magazine Capacity (24 -> 21)
  • RFP9' Fang'
  1. Mod changed from Improved Rifling 3 to Hunting Sight 3

BUG FIXES:

• Re-enabled bUseTextureStreaming and mitigated an issue with white texture characters appearing.
  • We have removed a duplicate, non-functioning listing of the DMR-AV for 30 days from the Joker Ticket store.
  • The Shredder SB now has a 30-day rental option in the Joker Ticket store!

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Stalls can occur upon entering the Clothing Kiosk with "NEW!" items.
  • Tattoo layers are inversed: Tattoos lower on the list will cover the ones above.

As always, thank you for your patience during the downtime.

We hope you enjoyed the Little Orbit Day event! 

P.S: The thread has been cross-posted from Game Updates for convenience.

The ACT 44 is exceptional. 

RFP still needs some love accuracy wise. 

Buff the ALIG. 

Nerf the Colby 45. Fire rate. 

Edited by Reprimand

8 hours ago, Reprimand said:

Buff the ALIG.

How to break the game in one easy step. ALIG absolutely does not need any buffs, it's insanely strong.

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

How to break the game in one easy step. ALIG absolutely does not need any buffs, it's insanely strong.

It's broken as hell. You just need to give it better accuracy for tap fire and make full auto viable for vehicles at close range. It is very bad at combat. 

Edited by Reprimand

3 hours ago, Reprimand said:

It's broken as hell. You just need to give it better accuracy for tap fire and make full auto viable for vehicles at close range. It is very bad at combat. 

i can kill more players with alig than with medusa actually..but dats cause im bad probably

19 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I'm taking the chaotic neutral position. Decrease "Per Shot Modifier" from 6 to 3. This will allow cooling jacket and improved rifling to work in 2 shot bursts.

10 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

i can kill more players with alig than with medusa actually..but dats cause im bad probably

You're not taking on an NTEC at 40m. You're not taking on a Whisper at 20m

You're not taking on a Colby at 10m.

Youre not taking on a NHVR at 60m.

The second you strafe while aiming, you get full bloom. The second you fire more than two bullets at once, you get full bloom. Your recoil knocks your aim off kilter and the fire rate is too slow to manage. 

The ALIG is a vehicle killer. There's a reason the SHAW was the hacker favourite for quite some time. It blew up vehicles but it definitely knew how to handle pedestrians. 

Buff the strafe modifier, decrease the recoil and make it tap fire friendly. It doesn't have to be a magical weapon. Just make it useful at medium to long range and absolutely useless up close, like most of its contemporaries. 

Also, the Medusa is an amazing weapon. You're a sitting duck but at least the weapon has enough damage output for it not to matter. 

Edited by Reprimand