Sign in to follow this  
Ritual

05/11 Maintenance Announcement: Little Orbit Day 2023

Hello everyone!

As the final preparations for the awaited Little Orbit Day 2023 have been made, we are ready for the weekly update to bring the 5th Anniversary celebration events to San Paro.

An update will go live for PC on Thursday (05/11) at 9 am.

PATCH NOTES

General changes:

• "The Beacon" Map has returned as part of our new event: Little Orbit Day 2023! If you haven't seen them already, here are all the details on the event
  • The GM-initiated minigame "Butcher" now awards Joker Tickets!
  • Balance Change for 'Fr0g': Damage increased from 200 to 210.

Bug fixes:

• An issue where sometimes arresting a player requires you to perform the action twice has been fixed.
  • Activated items will no longer get canceled while crouched.
  • We fixed a crash resulting from setting UnStreamAllTextures=True defaulting to UnStreamAllTextures=False in the INI files.
  • Adjusted a location that could result in player textures failing to stream to the game client.
  • The Female Hoodie (Hood Down) 's flags have been fixed to no longer force untradable, as it was acquirable early-game from Terri Quan (Criminal) or Violet Prentiss (Enforcer), respectively.

Known issues:

• Stalls can occur upon entering the Clothing Kiosk with "NEW!" items.
  • Tattoo layers are inversed. Tattoos lower on the list will cover the ones above.

See you in the game!

P.S: The thread has been cross-posted from Game Updates

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ritual said:

The GM-initiated minigame "Butcher"

what was this minigame..dont remember

25 minutes ago, Prolix said:

gaslighting

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which the abuser attempts to sow self-doubt and confusion in their victim's mind. Typically, gaslighters are seeking to gain power and control over the other person, by distorting reality and forcing them to question their own judgment and intuition.

I apologize to you and the Forum, but I find your post extremally funny, I mean thats Heavy Man but its Funny. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ritual said:

Balance Change for 'Fr0g': Damage increased from 200 to 210.

Honestly I am impressed and ofc glad about it.. after ages finally😂

2 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Honestly I am impressed and ofc glad about it.. after ages finally😂

A very random buff imo, I thought the fr0g was fine as it was a .45 with less range but higher fire rate. Can we see an Adder buff next? that gun is so close to being a pick from my arsenal for me but it just doesn't quite make the cut.

11 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

A very random buff imo, I thought the fr0g was fine as it was a .45 with less range but higher fire rate. Can we see an Adder buff next? that gun is so close to being a pick from my arsenal for me but it just doesn't quite make the cut.

The fr0g is garbage. It starts losing damage at 10M, and the suppressed version has 1 less bullet per mag. It's still going to be garbage after this patch, just slightly more reliable against CA3 users.

47 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

The fr0g is garbage. It starts losing damage at 10M, and the suppressed version has 1 less bullet per mag. It's still going to be garbage after this patch, just slightly more reliable against CA3 users.

Well Garbage.. there are a lot and a lot secondaries in worse conditions, anyway the Fr0g it's very similar performing a FBW and also in a lot of stats  are in common except in damage drop off matter.. Now it will kill with 6 shots from 10/12m to 22m and suffer less from CA3 regeneration ( oh I hope so..) ... it's not so bad if it was a sort of  start test buff for then seeing feedbacks for then modify in better or worse something late... but here that's rarely happen in the good side at the end,.. a damage per shot of at least  225 it  will have reached a 6 shot to kill until  25m.. Maybe that change may have had more sense..

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Pistol_Frog_Armas/compare?item=Weapon_Pistol_FBW

But then if it was too much the buff  I can imagine people telling Fr0g is the new PayToWin FBW or PoCket Obeya pfff.... so in a certain sense it's quite reasonable if they are really or just by chance cautious with the change.

1 hour ago, R3ACT3M said:

I was ironic honestly (not because it's good or bad the change, but about when it has made..), btw, if you or someone have one I guess a good 2/3 days of solo fr0g worth a try, I will take my challenge and seeing with it if it will be a fun one or not.😐

Edited by PingOVER9000
LET's see if the Fr0g will splash or just sink :|

fr0g buff is nice, but it doesn't fix the overall poor design

31 minutes ago, glaciers said:

fr0g buff is nice, but it doesn't fix the overall poor design

Poor design? They are replica of a mauser, pretty iconic gun from WW2 to cinema/ animation like James Bond, star wars, Lupin, Texas films, Clint Eastwood etc series you have no idea what you are talking about 😂

image133.png?w=554&h=856

Edited by PingOVER9000

It's too blocky compared to the real gun. Looks like a nerf gun. I would have buffed the range to 20M, but also would have not nerfed the .45's range.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Poor design? They are replica of a mauser, pretty iconic gun from WW2 to cinema/ animation like James Bond, star wars, Lupin, Texas films, Clint Eastwood etc series you have no idea what you are talking about 😂

im talking about gameplay design - because you often can't rely on opponents staying under 10m in a cqc fight to get min ttk, the fr0g is almost forced to be used as an fbw, and at that point you might as well use an fbw

pretty sure its the metal gear pistol tho, socom 23 or whatever

Edited by glaciers
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

FR0G is based on the HK MK23. It's a mix of the procurement design and trial components; phase 1 LAM (Rocket and Thumbnail), phase 1 front slide serrations, procurement suppressor. The SOCOM in MGS1 was a similar frankengun. Kokoe and Thumbnail have some unique parts that are mostly based on accessories for the airsoft version of the gun.

VLsW1DG.pngJavYy6p.png

Phase 1 gun

1v6TZb8.png

Procurement

QVIeKFZ.png

Edited by Knite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I played the fr0g last week, and its crazy OP in the 0-20m range.

It doesn't need that buff.

Now Clotting Agent III will be useless against it.

14 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

I was ironic honestly (not because it's good or bad the change, but about when it has made..), btw, if you or someone have one I guess a good 2/3 days of solo fr0g worth a try, I will take my challenge and seeing with it if it will be a fun one or not.😐

yea I thought the default Fr0g was fine, the silenced one is a bit harder due to the one less bullet, but the accuracy trade off is fine. It was my go-to pistol for a while. I should try it again.

I keep getting disconnected when I tab out of the game while in the character clothing editor.

8 hours ago, Knite said:

FR0G is based on the HK MK23. It's a mix of the procurement design and trial components; phase 1 LAM (Rocket and Thumbnail), phase 1 front slide serrations, procurement suppressor. The SOCOM in MGS1 was a similar frankengun. Kokoe and Thumbnail have some unique parts that are mostly based on accessories for the airsoft version of the gun.

Very Interesting, the pictures are so gorgeous I like the last one with KAC suppressor, it scream Navy seals from just the shimmer alone...

anyway the German/italian papa of it I referred, the Mauser C96/ M712 Schnellfeuer , passed well its charm to their  own babies

330px-Mauser_C96_7,63_(6971794467).jpg

2453_1.jpg

Edited by PingOVER9000