Sign in to follow this  
Luminesca

Geforce Now

Poll  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be APB on Geforce now?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

I used that service for some months when I only had my laptop and while it was great, a pvp shooter would be the last thing  I'd play on that. Not to mention I'd assume that most geforce now users would be casual players so I'd doubt that we would gain any worthwhile population.

On 6/28/2018 at 3:18 PM, Luminesca said:

Graphics card is less important, as long as it's from last 2-3 years and gamer grade and ofc Nvidia.

Do you really need that new card for this old game? You can always buy newer CPU to see a difference.

Edited by xHenryman90x

I voted no. The audience isn't there, You still need a stable internet connection with low latency to the servers. That eliminates mobile connections and most public locations. Even with good connection, winning gun fights will be near impossible with over 100ms input lag. On top of it you have account for server latency. Depending on your location, geforce now servers, and APB servers, you can have higher latency than most weapons minimum ttk. The most you can do reliably is mess around in the editor, which you can do on most modern low end computers.

This was asked 2 years ago. Currently, APB is still not in a stable state. I doubt there will be a stable enough version for geforce now in the next 2 years. Also, hardware will continue to get faster, and current hardware will be cheaper on the used market. People will have access to affordable hardware, but internet latency is not going to improve, because we can't send data faster than the speed of light.

Will it cost LO anything? I feel like there's more involved that LO just sending an email to nVidia asking them to add it to the list. 

If it does cost anything, then I'd say no - like above there just isn't the population/demand to justify the extra cost. Maybe in the future once APB is fully utilising all the power of hardcore machines and have the budget to burn, it's a good choice, but for now, if there's any cost, it'll be too much. 

If it's free - then go for it I guess. I mean I'm guessing this is sort of a future of gaming, at least considering that access to internet is outbidding access to hardcore hardware, at least as far as costs are concerned. It'll be a bad idea for APB to miss out on stepping into the future of gaming, assuming it's at no cost to them. 

why not. might get some more people to play. the game has literally 0 reach and will continue like this until they release the beta. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 10:05 AM, heelruby said:

I performed a few tests some days ago and it used between 3 and 5 of my 12 threads (utilization over 50% per thread), but the game didn't touch at the SMT threads by even a single percent.

(I also restricted the access to fewer threads and the framerate started to plummet around 3 threads, so APB *should* utilize 3 cores or more)

does APB run better with SMT off?

I have a ryzen 7 2700x, which means I have 16 threads...

10 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

does APB run better with SMT off?

I have a ryzen 7 2700x, which means I have 16 threads...

No. APB runs better with high frequency on the cores/threads. APB doesn't benefit from more cores and threads as it cannot use more than 1 core and 1 thread idea currently.

3 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

No. APB runs better with high frequency on the cores/threads. APB doesn't benefit from more cores and threads as it cannot use more than 1 core and 1 thread idea currently.

APB does need high single thread performance, but it also needs more than 1 core. It uses at minimum 3 cores.  You can see this in task manager. 2 threads are normally near max and then there's a bunch of other threads running on the rest of the cores. Any +3.5GHzx Intel quad core from the last 8 years will run APB at 60fps or better. A 1st i7 will run APB over 100fps with a +4GHz overclock if don't mind tinkering.

This does mean that APB will run poorly on Geforce now. It uses server hardware with low clock speed, high core count CPUs.

Edited by SquirrelFace
  • Like 1

I did remembered GFN said their wont be adding games on their own anymore and they will just wait for devs to tell them to add their games so I asked on Twitter and that was a huge effort because I never wanted a Twitter account.

fVJE92K.jpg

Merged.

On 8/24/2020 at 12:47 PM, KnifuWaifu said:

Will it cost LO anything? I feel like there's more involved that LO just sending an email to nVidia asking them to add it to the list. 

If it does cost anything, then I'd say no - like above there just isn't the population/demand to justify the extra cost. Maybe in the future once APB is fully utilising all the power of hardcore machines and have the budget to burn, it's a good choice, but for now, if there's any cost, it'll be too much. 

If it's free - then go for it I guess. I mean I'm guessing this is sort of a future of gaming, at least considering that access to internet is outbidding access to hardcore hardware, at least as far as costs are concerned. It'll be a bad idea for APB to miss out on stepping into the future of gaming, assuming it's at no cost to them. 

Not a cent, I probably sould've mentioned this in the twitter message I left them.

Not only that it will help us ( the people with less than capable for gaming machines) to play this game but it will also help the game reach to more people.

My only option is my worstation laptop which and I get roughly 12 fps on 800x600.

Since I dont own a gaming PC anymore, I decided to just game on GFN and to be honest, the overall experience is great. 

Edited by LukasBroskie
Quoted someone by mistake
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LukasBroskie said:

Not a cent, I probably sould've mentioned this in the twitter message I left them.

Not only that it will help us ( the people with less than capable for gaming machines) to play this game but it will also help the game reach to more people.

My only option is my worstation laptop which and I get roughly 12 fps on 800x600.

Since I dont own a gaming PC anymore, I decided to just game on GFN and to be honest, the overall experience is great. 

Then they should go for it - assuming there isn't anything else to do on their end other than simply asking nVidia to add the game because it would suck if it becomes a situation like with the consoles where LO have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get stuff done and another platform gets disconnected from community at large.

But hey, I wholeheartedly believe they'll pass that message on and someone will look into it, it may not happen overnight, and maybe LO will think it'll make a better PR move if they postpone adding it to the list until after the Engine Update where things run a little smoother on high-end machines, but wheels are in motion, so that's something.

13 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

well i was saying that actually..

if I disable SMT, my CPU can reach higher clock...

less cores, faster clock

Assuming APB gets cleaned up to where its worth streaming , then yes this would be good since its a form of advertising and players may come in and/or return  who get curious.

In its current state , not if someone is using potato graphics just to stream , and not if they have high lag , low frames etc , which means a lot of people  shouldnt .

I am fine with it but idk if it is even worth a disk space for the less than 200 ppl playing. 

On 6/28/2018 at 3:14 PM, February said:

no APB can run on a potato 

Wait for the engine update and we will see how is your potato running it.

On 6/28/2018 at 4:34 PM, wHisHi said:

running apb and duo core, 4gb ram and 650ti gpu, my "rig" is like 5 years old lol "constant 50-60fps on max settings"

And then it drops to 10 when someone starts shooting, right?

On 8/23/2020 at 11:08 AM, HighSociety said:

With APB not running on RTX cards i don't see Geforce to taking this serious 😁

Idk. They have even Sonic Mania there.

Edited by HawtGirl

35 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

I am fine with it but idk if it is even worth a disk space for the less than 200 ppl playing. 

Wait for the engine update and we will see how is your potato running it.

And then it drops to 10 when someone starts shooting, right?

Idk. They have even Sonic Mania there.

Yes, of course. It is never consistant

On 6/28/2018 at 7:18 AM, Luminesca said:

Not true.
You need high clock speed quad core(at least) to run with minimal fps drops. 
Graphics card is less important, as long as it's from last 2-3 years and gamer grade and ofc Nvidia.

thats were your wrong bucko. this pc of mine has enough ram to run this game and thats it. how do i play? adv launcher becuase ps1 potato graphics are all you need to run

Watch an i9 10900K + RTX 2080TI run apb at under 100fps 

hell yeah 695171995276410910.png?v=1

Sign in to follow this