Sign in to follow this  
Luminesca

Geforce Now

Poll  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be APB on Geforce now?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

Can LO request to get APB added to Geforce Now library?

Those who don't know Geforce Now is essentially, a streaming service, which let's you stream games from Nvidia servers to your low grade PC.
This would let people who don't have high grade rig play the game, for small subscription fee.

Added poll for transparency. 

They should, WHEN THEY FIX THE GAME...So i don't think now is the right time for that

3 minutes ago, YOLO545 said:

no APB can run on a potato 

Not true.
You need high clock speed quad core(at least) to run with minimal fps drops. 
Graphics card is less important, as long as it's from last 2-3 years and gamer grade and ofc Nvidia.

2 minutes ago, Luminesca said:

Not true.
Graphics card is less important, as long as it's from last 2-3 years and gamer grade and ofc Nvidia.

Yes apb is cpu demanding but, something and simple and a U series processor, example (6500u or and lower can run apb) i still have a 4930k and it works fine 

1 minute ago, YOLO545 said:

Yes apb is cpu demanding but, something and simple and a U series processor, example (6500u or and lower can run apb) i still have a 4930k and it works fine 

It runs 'okay' on a 4 years old G3220, but dual cores aren't really capable compared to quads in APB. Btw the 4930K is a really good CPU ^^

12 minutes ago, YOLO545 said:

There is a difference between running it and running it playable. FPS drops every 5 seconds is not playable. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RubyGee said:

It runs 'okay' on a 4 years old G3220, but dual cores aren't really capable compared to quads in APB. Btw the 4930K is a really good CPU ^^

It is just need a new gpu, i feel the 1060 is slacking now looking for a 1070ti soon.... 

6 minutes ago, Luminesca said:

There is a difference between running it and running it playable. FPS drops every 5 seconds is not playable. 

true but until you reach processors around a amd 7410m that's not a problem 

1 minute ago, YOLO545 said:

It is just need a new gpu, i feel the 1060 is slacking now looking for a 1070ti soon.... 

If I were you I'd wait till the end of July, Nvidia *might* announce their new generation of graphics cards.

3 minutes ago, ninetenduh said:

Last time I checked APB is still 32 bit and still only uses 1 core. 

I performed a few tests some days ago and it used between 3 and 5 of my 12 threads (utilization over 50% per thread), but the game didn't touch at the SMT threads by even a single percent.

(I also restricted the access to fewer threads and the framerate started to plummet around 3 threads, so APB *should* utilize 3 cores or more)

Edited by RubyGee

18 minutes ago, RubyGee said:

If I were you I'd wait till the end of July, Nvidia *might* announce their new generation of graphics cards.

i mean rn with my current job i couldn't afford it just i'm going for good gpus that wont break my bank. Being a lifeguard in my senior year... yeah no

17 minutes ago, RubyGee said:

I performed a few tests some days ago and it used between 3 and 5 of my 12 threads (utilization over 50% per thread), but the game didn't touch at the SMT threads by even a single percent.

(I also restricted the access to fewer threads and the framerate started to plummet around 3 threads, so APB *should* utilize 3 cores or more)

Because thread is the same as core? 

1 hour ago, Luminesca said:

Not true.

running apb and duo core, 4gb ram and 650ti gpu, my "rig" is like 5 years old lol "constant 50-60fps on max settings"

1 minute ago, Luminesca said:

Because thread is the same as core? 

It depends if your CPU features Hyperthreading/SMT or not. If not, yes. Otherwise (depending on the CPU), the game will just use 1/2 thread. For example, with my 6 core 12 thread CPU (which has SMT), the game was using cores 0, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 (though the latter 3 were only used at about 15-25%).

TL;DR :  if your CPU has as many cores as it has threads, then core = thread; if your CPU has 2x the amount of threads compared to the amount of cores, thread != core and it's a bit different. (if you want more clarification or if you have more questions, just DM me 😛 )

i voted yes even though i don't plan on paying for better performance.The game is free after all and i am cheap xD

1 minute ago, wHisHi said:

running apb and duo core, 4gb ram and 650ti gpu, my "rig" is like 5 years old lol "constant 50-60fps on max settings"

Internet is beautiful place, you even get to brag about being poor. 
Also 8KTtscB.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Luminesca said:

Internet is beautiful place, you even get to brag about being poor. 
Also 8KTtscB.png

About being poor? There is no need to buy a new pc for me, does this fact make me poor too? Only wanted to share how with old and cheap pc you can run APB without any problem.

Internet is beautiful place for sure, you just made your own assumtion without any context background that Im poor. And you cant even believe that is passoble, really makes me wonder in what kind of bubble you live.

• Like 2

My game freezes on max settings for 0.3 seconds something like that and I run APB on i5-4440 3.1 ghz, 8GB Ram, and gtx 1050ti o4gb

No idea about a game like APB being added to that.

Edited by Kiida

On 6/28/2018 at 2:10 PM, Luminesca said:

Can LO request to get APB added to Geforce Now library?

On 6/28/2018 at 2:17 PM, Keshi said:

WHEN THEY FIX THE GAME.

They got to upgrade the engine first... 

With APB not running on RTX cards i don't see Geforce to taking this serious 😁

How are yall unable to run apb properly.

Even my old I7 950 and HD 5850 ran the game without issues.

Sign in to follow this