RealSlimShady

Can't we disable factions temporarily?

Matchmaking is and has been a pain in this game for years and we all know it needs to be fixed asap. Playing solo as a gold is difficult due to the game matching you against premade golds and silvers beside you (don't blame them it's the game's problem), let alone being a newbie in this game.

So, wouldn't it be the best to disable factions and have 100 people pool instead of 50, 'till we get a proper matchmaking? I know it is highly unlikely, but still wanted to ask.

• Like 6

should have been done years ago tbh

• Like 1

Any more and might as well disable APB.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RealSlimShady said:

So, wouldn't it be the best to disable factions and have 100 people pool instead of 50, 'till we get a proper matchmaking?

and make sense..basically the possibility for fair matches doubles dat way

anyway still think the best for the game with current pop is to reorganize it to one big 40 vs 40 TDM mission with the exp progress for contacts and all the good sht from missions

• Like 1

Seems clear the "famous pvp patch for War and squadron clans" will never be released... factions has no sense, so Why not the situation is already taste shit what change continue eating shit at this point 

Merged.

On 5/2/2023 at 6:09 PM, Mitne said:

Any more and might as well disable APB.

APB is dead already.. G1 before and LO later have done the same thing, shit on the troath of a corpse without a head, it's just creeping around on the ground moving thanks only the lies of some certain creepycowmilkers ...and the hopes of we or some sorrow delusional vets...

This could work if we also get the option to load two characters, one of each faction. It might even help improve the atmosphere for new players since they'll get to see lore mail and contact from both factions at the same time.

I'm against this. It takes away from the "cop" or "crim" feeling of playing.

• Like 2

I like the idea. More balanced and faster matches. Would really help APB with it's dwindling population...

• Like 1

The only way I see this working if we allow crim vs crim and enforcer vs enforcer matches.

Criminals fight each other, vying for control of the city.

Enforcers fight corrupt enforcers etc. It makes sense.

Having factions split by contact and map control would really take APB forward.

• Like 1

Honestly I don't think anyone cares about factions at this point so I also would like to see something like this until the matchmaking overhaul. I bet it's more of a technical limitation for mission districts atm. Im assuming missions are tied to the faction. There could also be fear of going into a rabbit hole just to make something like this work in the short term.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Make it an event and see how it goes.

Anyone got any accompanying lore ideas?

lore is vague enough that the enf vs enf could already be happening, crim vs crim is explicitly a thing already and it used to be possible in rtw 

On 5/3/2023 at 2:22 PM, Slothic said:

"bUt MuH lOrE!1!!!1!"

On 5/10/2023 at 10:53 AM, Hexerin said:

"bUt MuH lOrE!1!!!1!"

Why are you being disrespectful and mocking him? He gave his opinion and was on-topic--I even agree with him too.

Which is more than I can say for you.

On 5/10/2023 at 5:38 AM, CookiePuss said:

Make it an event and see how it goes.

It could be fun to try for a while again and lore-wise I'd presume it was just criminals being crims and corruption in the Enfo hierarchy.

Tangent, but: Something I liked in the crim progression was they talk about you going from a thug to a thinker. Even the contacts themselves talk about making big changes and restoring the city via dialogue or mail. People like Birth, with his sort of resources, would likely have ties high up in San Paro--I could see some potential corruption.

Edited by Jilleroo
Lore tangent. ;-)

On 5/10/2023 at 7:53 PM, Hexerin said:

"bUt MuH lOrE!1!!!1!"

Well. Considering the game is very old by now.

The lore of my character only shooting criminals so far, has been working out pretty well. I especially don't like the idea of enforcer vs enforcer matches. or crim vs crim. It makes no sense to change something integral to the game for "matchmaking issues"

More threat levels and better ELO matching would fix it better, in my own biased opinion.

On 5/3/2023 at 11:22 PM, Slothic said:

The fact it's there are not pratically any difference.

On 5/10/2023 at 2:38 PM, CookiePuss said:

Lore?  I dont know what you are talking about. and then for what, roleplaying but what?

" We havent ever had" missions where enfo for winning missions shall make arrests or reach a certain number of arrests for winning the mission.

Arrests  also have the same value of 1 kills despite the state of the LTL weapon or the comparing the fact, it's more difficult stunning and then arresting a player, then directly killing one.

FrequentCautiousHamster-max-1mb.gif

in APB, Roleplaying as Cop/ Enforcers doesnt only not reward you, no, no at all, in a certain sense the game punish you all the time because you gain a lot more making more kills than arrest and especially winning the mission, then completing the rank COP it's the cherry on the cake for how useleSS and how bad timed are the unlocked rewards.

Edited by PingOVER9000
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Lore?  I dont know what you are talking about. and then for what, roleplaying but what?

Lore as in the story of the game. Its a crim vs cop game. Im just asking whats the story that led to cop v cop missions.
You can role play if you want I suppose.

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Lore as in the story of the game. Its a crim vs cop game. Im just asking whats the story that led to cop v cop missions.
You can role play if you want I suppose.

Yes, but Still you didnt get it or you manipulating the speech for your own.

it's a crims vs cops game on the paper, just on paper and a tutorial animation of some seconds, the game/developers didnt make nothing or enough for marking the difference between these two counterparts.

You can roleplay, YES, you can do it, but what's the point if the game itself with its mechanics punish or suckerpunch you? 😂

Edited by PingOVER9000

1 minute ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Yes, but Still you didnt get it or you manipulating the speech for your own.

it's a crims vs cops game on the paper, just on paper and a tutorial animation of some seconds, the game/developers didnt make nothing or enough for marking the difference between these two counterparts.

You can roleplay, YES, you can do it, but what's the point if the game itself with its mechanics punish or suckerpunch you? 😂

Crims can steal and ramraid, cops can return stolen goods and arrest. They DID make enough distinction.

7 hours ago, LilyRain said:

Crims can steal and ramraid, cops can return stolen goods and arrest. They DID make enough distinction.

You have missed some parts on what about we were talking before, but You know what it's weird about stealing/raiding?

The best way for stealing and ramraiding for a crim it's doing it with fella enforcer, so at end having a enforcer behaving as a crim too 😂

YES, it's clear as the sun brighting over our head, there is a distinction, because that's in paper design and how the characterization designed when you create a character in game, but in the end, the game incourage an enforcer it's better behaving/ roleplaying as a crims or sort of hired killer at sight than a cop/ defender of the law, because it's a lot more rewarding killing, LTL are underpowered and the delay crims may get for being arrested it's demostrate it's not a big advantage, the last one especially is only annoying at best.

So why playing roleplaying as cop, arresting and using LTL if not rewarding?  Nobody roleplay as a Cop  except when deadly bored or against total noobs  there arent NO ANY MISSIONs involved about only ARRESTING CRIMS for winning a stage or mission itself, neither a second route, maybe SCORED separated, where arresting give an balanced edge and encouraged against lethal force for winning mission.

Sadly Disable factions has its reasons and guess nobody knowing the game will cry it, because for how it was developed from Realtime, This distinction was still sort of of unifinished business and before G1 then LO as their owners, They have done nothing except nerfing LTL more than necessary and sadly they will do nothing  like adding contentents enchanting more this ""enough distinction"" still lacking @LilyRain

Merged.

FUN FACT:

A crim can steal also from another crim ram raiding, in past some people could do it very easy, While in server other crims  were just working their patootie ramraiding and stealing everywhere, Until some time ago one has just to reached the 5 star/ wanted level for PK-illing with Truck-kun at full speed or oneshotting with Osnaw from 100 m.

Yes I know these were scum exploits, but that's confirm my point for how the game it's just too crim based, for how it's designed in apb THERE'S NO NEED OR REASON BENG AN ENFORCER  😂

Edited by PingOVER9000
still day- dreaming for this arresting/ cop missions...
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

THERE'S NO NEED OR REASON BENG AN ENFORCER 

Siren goes wee woo, is enough of a reason for me.

1 hour ago, Slothic said:

Siren goes wee woo, is enough of a reason for me.

Here for your self fetish, the only 100 m+ audible self siren available in the game, available for crims too, without the unlocks or characterization barrier,total free and it's still free since release 😂

Edited by PingOVER9000

It's easy to fit into the plot of the game. Enforcers are mercenaries with police rights. City Mayor Deron ignored the problem for a long time, letting it develop. As a result, the enforcers became the same corrupt criminals pursuing their goals.

The enforcers have turned into another criminal organization.

The plot is written (I am not participating in the strike). It remains only to add the artificial intelligence of the police to the game.

A mere trifle.

Or you can make it easier. Rewrite the plot and change the game settings. Make San Paro look like the slums of Detroit. Dirty streets, strange and suspicious people, burnt cars, dead cats.

This will allow you to abandon the artificial intelligence of the police.

Edited by Yapopal

On 5/12/2023 at 8:37 PM, PingOVER9000 said:

You have missed some parts on what about we were talking before, but You know what it's weird about stealing/raiding?

The best way for stealing and ramraiding for a crim it's doing it with fella enforcer, so at end having a enforcer behaving as a crim too 😂

YES, it's clear as the sun brighting over our head, there is a distinction, because that's in paper design and how the characterization designed when you create a character in game, but in the end, the game incourage an enforcer it's better behaving/ roleplaying as a crims or sort of hired killer at sight than a cop/ defender of the law, because it's a lot more rewarding killing, LTL are underpowered and the delay crims may get for being arrested it's demostrate it's not a big advantage, the last one especially is only annoying at best.

So why playing roleplaying as cop, arresting and using LTL if not rewarding?  Nobody roleplay as a Cop  except when deadly bored or against total noobs  there arent NO ANY MISSIONs involved about only ARRESTING CRIMS for winning a stage or mission itself, neither a second route, maybe SCORED separated, where arresting give an balanced edge and encouraged against lethal force for winning mission.

Sadly Disable factions has its reasons and guess nobody knowing the game will cry it, because for how it was developed from Realtime, This distinction was still sort of of unifinished business and before G1 then LO as their owners, They have done nothing except nerfing LTL more than necessary and sadly they will do nothing  like adding contentents enchanting more this ""enough distinction"" still lacking @LilyRain

Merged.

FUN FACT:

A crim can steal also from another crim ram raiding, in past some people could do it very easy, While in server other crims  were just working their patootie ramraiding and stealing everywhere, Until some time ago one has just to reached the 5 star/ wanted level for PK-illing with Truck-kun at full speed or oneshotting with Osnaw from 100 m.

Yes I know these were scum exploits, but that's confirm my point for how the game it's just too crim based, for how it's designed in apb THERE'S NO NEED OR REASON BENG AN ENFORCER  😂

By "enough" I meant the literal bare-minimum to differentiate Enforcers from Criminals. I didn't mean great or epic, which where your post comes in & I very much agree with.

LTL is indeed underpowered more than necessary (those guys legit nerfed LTL and buffed OCA's ttk on the same patch) & so is the arrest-timer on Criminals. Some easy-tweaks can be made to make the overall experience better for both factions alike. Making arrested criminals respawn faster & LTL a bit stronger but still slower than other weapons in their respective categories, would solve most issues instantly.

LTL-based missions? Or at least a bonus for winning particular missions with LTL? Sign me up. Damn, that's a neat idea actually.

----------------------------------------

You speak the truth. A lot of people are pushing for APB to become Team-Blue vs Team-Red, which is kinda bad on all fronts. What do they expect, for APB to compete with 5v5 shooters on the market?

LO indeed wants to take in players from other communities but their efforts were in the wrong place. They tried going the BattleRoyale route with RIOT and battlepasses, totally falling on their faces.. 

Their best shot is to enhance what APB actually has, then push towards making APB more GTA-like (except good luck making PvE content atm. Can still have huge PvP-based heists or Enforcer-vs-Criminal warzones). The sheer amount of playerbase GTA has is outright insane it would be almost impossible to not capitalize on that. Even a small-fraction of GTA's playerbase is enough to quadruple APB's.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

LTL-based missions? Or at least a bonus for winning particular missions with LTL? Sign me up. Damn, that's a neat idea actually.

----------------------------------------

You speak the truth. A lot of people are pushing for APB to become Team-Blue vs Team-Red, which is kinda bad on all fronts. What do they expect, for APB to compete with 5v5 shooters on the market?

I appreciate your like about the idea and put a like for you being so open-minded...they arent neither mine if I am being honest as you probabily know, APB COMMUNITY for years with G1 and then  with LO in the last 5 years posted so much interesting game additions, really a lot of are so simple but so FUN that just need, relatevely, a little page of scripts for being actived and implented ...

Btw Sadly, it's a pity but I am still of the idea the current difference between faction are just too few, it's a pity neither G1 nor Little Orbit, with these last 5 years, have done something for increasing more this gap between factions, making THE GAME MORE UNIQUE, ENCOURAGING NEW AND OLD PLAYERS installing and playing an Apb more "true", fitting to its core ..

YES again YOU ARE so DAMN RIGHT

5 hours ago, Yapopal said:

The plot is written (I am not participating in the strike). It remains only to add the artificial intelligence of the police to the game. A mere trifle.

With a pair of words, You've just said it, so just right.

Edited by PingOVER9000
a candle in memory for all the awesome gamesuggestions (not refering the messed one above ofc) IGNORED FROM LO and staff during the years
  • Like 1