Sign in to follow this  
MrLek

Hackers - Campaign - Transparency

Campaign against hackers

L.O could run a campaign against hackers.

• They could put a tutorial on the login screen, on how to report a hacker/suspect, film it and also send it to the company. (A tutorial with images)

• They could also take all those useless hints that go through the loading screen and put them all in the initial mechanics tutorial, that tutorial for beginners. For the loading screens not to be empty, they would put a step by step on how to record and send the footage of hackers / suspects to the company. (A tutorial without images) 

Human beings have a photographic memory, yet if you don't, just remembering the step will help you remember all those steps. 

This, over time, will remain in the minds of all players, as the saying goes:

Water dropping day by day wears the hardest rock away

It would be much more beneficial to the community, especially newbie players and also the L.O.

• Such a campaign could appear at opportune times.

- For example, when L.O detects a greater number of new players accessing the APB.

- Or when L.O detects a greater number of hackers, at a time when the campaign is not activated, so at this time, it becomes active again.

- Also, this campaign could always appear every 6 months. 6 months the campaign appeared, 6 months it disappeared and it returned to the normal way of the game (with those tips and with the empty login screen).

Or the campaign could go on forever, not a bad thing.

EDIT:

- As well as a news feed on the login screen would also be interesting, as L.O promised in the open letter from the community better transparency.

- Taking advantage of the post, I would like to make another suggestion, which is also important to me, is the following:

each person who holds a position in the company put their own photo on their profile here on the forum, just like Matt Scott.

* This is also linked to transparency. I'm just charging and they're not bad ideas.

Comment ideas.

ddEwcAu.png

EDIT2:

I don't mean that to, have a step for each loading screen, but random steps for each loading screen. That way, the likelihood of repeating itself is less.

GKmOPj6.png

Nnklmk8.png

ViM77YD.png

EDIT3:

I added the minimize button. I showed in the image the button and its consequence. See below:

XqMLNMB.png

* That part showing forum posts, should always show 2 pinned posts and 1 most recent (in real time).

bbU5Vri.png

QXDNXIw.png

Edited by MrLek
  • Like 5

Yes, another potential and interesting tool to add in the game... yes it will be a nice addition  to be added in the pile.. for then rotting in the sewer  called "Game & Forum Suggestions" 

• Like 1

None of this will matter if LO plan to revamp the tutorial, but a news feed in the log in screen would be nice.

• Like 1

900 and 999 it's to fix take 1 down pass it around 999 thigns to fix

Seriously lo lets thing stew until people are up and ready to aboden it then we get a tiny update to usher us all back in

i'll know they care we 10 year old bugs start getting fixed for once

• Like 1

19 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

None of this will matter if LO plan to revamp the tutorial, but a news feed in the log in screen would be nice.

- I mean that:

To pass this useless information from the loading screem to the current tutorial we have. This would be a momentary measure, in terms of just that information on the loading screen (which is "useless"), considering that in the future they will update the tutorial, so what goes through the tutorial now is something momentary. In my layman's opinion, this is not a lot of work, they won't create many things besides a "simple pop-up" (which just shows a message, with interactions just to read up and down and an automatic scroll) on the login screen , in addition to just changing the text of the loading screens and the current tutorial (transfer the tips that appear on the loading screen to the current tutorial we have.).

- In addition, L.o can create another "pop-up" on the login screen with those news that appear in the apb launcher, showing the latest updates and important posts. Which take turns automatically, just with the interaction of clicking to take the link.

* When I refer to a pop-up, I don't mean information that will appear on the screen, interrupting the handling of the login.

- For example, if you press the letter "o" in the login, the settings will appear, but this table appears and makes it impossible for you to handle the login. I don't want these pop-ups to be like that, "intruders".

• You who interfere with it, with the mechanics shown in the image of the post, it does not interfere in you.

Edited by MrLek

5 hours ago, MrLek said:

I'm going to be honest with you, I'm having a hard time understanding 80% of what you're trying to tell us/what you're trying to suggest.

1 hour ago, R3ACT3M said:

I'm going to be honest with you, I'm having a hard time understanding 80% of what you're trying to tell us/what you're trying to suggest.

I drew it, see the post again. Really trying to express yourself with google translator is complicated. 

I believe that if you see the images, you will understand what I said.

Edited by MrLek

6 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

i didnt read any of this

A picture is worth a thousand words.

New players don't even open the tutorial to learn how to play.

And you expect them to read that?

The devs have put time and effort in creating a tutorial with rewards for new players who don't even use it and prefer to bother spaming silly questions in the chat

Now you want them to waste time with this other one?

Bad idea, not my job to report cheaters. 

they should focus more in redesigning or optimising the HUD UI, it drops frames.

• Like 1

Hello,

I have moved this topic to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

- Azukii

There was a way to send videos of hackers in the past. They removed it because they dont have the time it requires to to watch at theses videos and to take care of each hackers individually.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 10:13 PM, Mokoezh said:

There was a way to send videos of hackers in the past. They removed it because they dont have the time it requires to to watch at theses videos and to take care of each hackers individually.

Need a petition for LO make a coinventure with some CREATIVE Youtuber for instituite an APB Hacker police with much of videos, analyze etc.. especially if the framed one is a youtuber/ streamer too and blunty cheating.

IT WILL BE A SUCCESS!  (well if it will be something like below)

Edited by PingOVER9000

13 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Need a petition for LO make a coinventure with some CREATIVE Youtuber for instituite an APB Hacker police with much of videos, analyze etc.. especially if the framed one is a youtuber/ streamer too and blunty cheating.

IT WILL BE A SUCCESS!  (well if it will be something like below)

Streamers/youtubera want view and to be famous, apb is dead. The odds to get more view and subs is to go on more popular games

And even if one or many came. When we had fairfight, banned players just kept creating new accounts to come back.

Maybe apb could make a long single player story mode before getting into the pvp to discourage hackers from getting banned and have to start it all over everytimes. But then, i guess that would be alot of work. But then i guess they will find bots to run thru that storymode. Add random kinds of easy puzzles that can only be solved by humans to avoid bots? But anyway i guess they will still find an other way.

I dont think there really is a way to solve the problem of hackers in a such inactive game with such a low income

Edited by Mokoezh
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Mokoezh said:

Streamers/youtubera want view and to be famous, apb is dead. The odds to get more view and subs is to go on more popular games

And even if one or many came. When we had fairfight, banned players just kept creating new accounts to come back.

Maybe apb could make a long single player story mode before getting into the pvp to discourage hackers from getting banned and have to start it all over everytimes. But then, i guess that would be alot of work. But then i guess they will find bots to run thru that storymode. Add random kinds of easy puzzles that can only be solved by humans to avoid bots? But anyway i guess they will still find an other way.

I dont think there really is a way to solve the problem of hackers in a such inactive game with such a low income

Well also that game above is literrally dead... it's the community or its vets playing since long years mainly keeping it alive.. it's the same for APB Reloaded .. also the player have returned in APb are also mainly old APB players too!

Both games situation have something in the core they make them more similar than we think... streamers/youtuber are the end sort of enterprauners hungry for visualizations from viewers and viewers are like a boungustatio gourmet at their prefered restaurant... they go for eating their preferred food but for dessert or second dish, they will try something else.... something like this video above is something different and creative, that's why that youtuber despite his stubborness commenting and playing a dead game, he is quite successful... and indirectly talking good or bad he is keeping alive that game.. so it's a WIN WIN situation for him and TF2...

But that's not exactly what I wanted to talk about, if LO make a sort of more direct support to these youtubers or people making contenet, they may do softing about the shaming on presunt cheaters/ hacker with clearly evidence, it will be better.

ANTICHEATs are sort of  bitter cheese filters with holes everywhere, some biggers and some smaller around there where exploit memory adress etc,  but  it's proved and the only way to work is with admins or GM servers/ a community supporting it, 

We have jocker tickets sytem too.. why not further develop and take advantage further beyond?,,. it may use it for REWARD players in case of having reason to have reported a suspected cheater?

For example they may integrate it or add NEW ARCHIEMENT COUNTER,  in case in 15 days  or one month you have reported 10+ people using cheats, you receive a reward of 50  joker tickets on your mail character.

Then add a second counter, which count how many cheaters you have successfly reported which every I dont know every 25 cheaters warned/ banned thanks to you, you receive 100 jocker tickets or other rewards.

I remind only a game used a system quite similar like this one above, and make it a good promotion for the game on the game industry,  and also more contenent youtuber or people may work around for make contenent.

Hackers and cheaters are an infinite plague you are right @Mokoezh, the only way to block them is using an anticheat attached to the Kernel core, checking full time the PC and your privacy, or let the community do the work, rewarding them, while Developers have just to update regularly the anticheat... it's past two weeks sort of and  the servers slowly slowly are swarming again with cheaters again.

Edited by PingOVER9000
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 10:11 AM, PingOVER9000 said:

Well also that game above is literrally dead... it's the community or its vets playing since long years mainly keeping it alive.. it's the same for APB Reloaded .. also the player have returned in APb are also mainly old APB players too!

Both games situation have something in the core they make them more similar than we think... streamers/youtuber are the end sort of enterprauners hungry for visualizations from viewers and viewers are like a boungustatio gourmet at their prefered restaurant... they go for eating their preferred food but for dessert or second dish, they will try something else.... something like this video above is something different and creative, that's why that youtuber despite his stubborness commenting and playing a dead game, he is quite successful... and indirectly talking good or bad he is keeping alive that game.. so it's a WIN WIN situation for him and TF2...

But that's not exactly what I wanted to talk about, if LO make a sort of more direct support to these youtubers or people making contenet, they may do softing about the shaming on presunt cheaters/ hacker with clearly evidence, it will be better.

ANTICHEATs are sort of  bitter cheese filters with holes everywhere, some biggers and some smaller around there where exploit memory adress etc,  but  it's proved and the only way to work is with admins or GM servers/ a community supporting it, 

We have jocker tickets sytem too.. why not further develop and take advantage further beyond?,,. it may use it for REWARD players in case of having reason to have reported a suspected cheater?

For example they may integrate it or add NEW ARCHIEMENT COUNTER,  in case in 15 days  or one month you have reported 10+ people using cheats, you receive a reward of 50  joker tickets on your mail character.

Then add a second counter, which count how many cheaters you have successfly reported which every I dont know every 25 cheaters warned/ banned thanks to you, you receive 100 jocker tickets or other rewards.

I remind only a game used a system quite similar like this one above, and make it a good promotion for the game on the game industry,  and also more contenent youtuber or people may work around for make contenent.

Hackers and cheaters are an infinite plague you are right @Mokoezh, the only way to block them is using an anticheat attached to the Kernel core, checking full time the PC and your privacy, or let the community do the work, rewarding them, while Developers have just to update regularly the anticheat... it's past two weeks sort of and  the servers slowly slowly are swarming again with cheaters again.

to regularly update an anticheat, someone has to do it.

For someone to do it, you have to pay him. To pay, you need money.

To have money it takes an income.

To have an income, it takes customers who buy or investors.

The customers or investor, we are the community.

So if we want this method we have to pay.

The reason why I offered to put back premium paying in the past. If we send the message that paid for premium is used to invest in a better quality of anticheats and that we can see that several people invest with us. Inevitably it will be more interesting for everyone to also pay for premium. the more people there are, the more encouraging it will be for those who are not sure if they want to pay. The more efficient the anticheats. 

Of course there will always be cheaters who will succeed, but I believe that it is possible to reduce the quantity of cheaters by a lot.

Obviously, the developers have to do their part too and really use this money on anticheat.

Otherwise, no matter all the ideas that can be thrown around, unless there is an exceptional miracle, I don't think it's possible that there is another way to have a great anticheat.

Also my other idea was of a campaign of a 100th of small missions that takes at least 30 hours of play. Players will have to prove that they are active at the end of each mission with a small puzzle of the genre, choosing images with an airplane to prove that you are not a robot. or enter the google authenticator code to avoid campaign bots. Reinstate Fairfight with this campaign. which seemed to work, other than players kept coming back. But since they will have to do a long campaign for each new account, i'm sure many of them will get discouraged. or even better both ideas togjeter.

Youtubers are not something really reliable, you never know when they're going to get into it, when they're going to stop or not even if they're going to cheat themselves.

And for the reporting method proposed by mrlek, it's the same as the idea of updating the anticheat. it takes an employee who must be paid.

We can't count on volunteers, the developers are not millionaires doing nothing. I feel like people think they are just lazy sitting on their chairs waiting for a reason to do anything. They need to make money too, if apb doesn't pay enough, they have to take their time to make money elsewhere.

Most of these are great ideas, and I fully support them. However, I don't want to dox myself to play a game. I also don't need the hackers in this game giving my picture an evil mustache and horns

13 hours ago, MeanBetsy said:

Most of these are great ideas, and I fully support them. However, I don't want to dox myself to play a game. I also don't need the hackers in this game giving my picture an evil mustache and horns

it already has horns. however we can still add the mustache

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 11:35 PM, cowhorseman said:

it already has horns. however we can still add the mustache

YOU GOT ME LOL

2 hours ago, MeanBetsy said:

YOU GOT ME LOL

mustache-goblin.jpg i tried my best

• Thanks 1