Hexerin

Disable spraypoints - Advanced Launcher, or other option?

Someone ran a question by me just now, and while I vaguely remember the option existing in Advanced Launcher, I wouldn't even begin to know what specific setting(s) to adjust (haven't used the thing other than messing around with it when it first released, out of curiosity). Is there a way to make spraypoints not show up for yourself? Like obviously not disable them from being sprayable, just making anything that players spray on them simply not show up for you. This would be useful for preventing questionable content that people spray up on them, to avoid things like Twitch ToS etc.

Edited by Hexerin

TEXCAT_PlayerGraffiti=(Usage=0,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16,LODBias=4,DisableStreaming=False,FairUsagePriority=50)
TEXCAT_PlayerGraffiti=(Usage=1,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16,LODBias=4,DisableStreaming=False,FairUsagePriority=50)

This should do the trick I believe, someone correct me if it's not correct.

Merged.

On 5/1/2023 at 12:36 PM, xaizone said:

TEXCAT_PlayerGraffiti=(Usage=0,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16,LODBias=4,DisableStreaming=False,FairUsagePriority=50)
TEXCAT_PlayerGraffiti=(Usage=1,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16,LODBias=4,DisableStreaming=False,FairUsagePriority=50)

This should do the trick I believe, someone correct me if it's not correct.

Nevermind, just tried it and it doesn't work.

nGraffitiTextureWidth=1
nGraffitiTextureHeight=1

This is the correct setting.

EcdZbYu.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xaizone said:

Nevermind, just tried it and it doesn't work. This is the correct setting.

That in Advanced Launcher, or a direct config edit? If config, what file contains that parameter?

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

That in Advanced Launcher, or a direct config edit? If config, what file contains that parameter?

Directly edit APBCompat.ini (in APBGame/Config), don't think you can do that with AL.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, xaizone said:

Directly edit APBCompat.ini (in APBGame/Config), don't think you can do that with AL.

Thanks.

Yea it should be an option to disable graffiti

I mean if disabling themes is an option ingame already I don't see how this can hurt to disable symbols..

However playing like that takes away from the charm of the game.. Just my opinion  

• Like 2

Fudge. I was in favor of adding a no themes option and now I feel like I have to support a no symbols option. 
karma amirite?