Divait

Should Ursus get a nerf ?

here comes the 100th ntec nerf..

No.

I'll add off-topic, Oscar is the most broken weapon atm.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, N66 said:

here comes the 100th ntec nerf..

No.

You are probably the Ursus player, don't you? How it's not if Ursus is the most powerful weapon in the game at the moment and it's due to the fact you have to grind for that. Technically it's like Obeya with better firerate because people are placing IR 3 (Improved Rifling 3) mode on this.

In my opinion if they will make Ursus 1 slot mode - there will be only the crosshair thing without range abuse.

No and then there are other priorities, there are tons of weapons (like 95%) in armas/ game need buffs or complete rework because they are pretty much not useable at all several of them.. better start giving a proper balance to them before starting anti-fuck everything is less RNG based in the game.

4 hours ago, N66 said:

broken huh.. Oscar has never changed since release, good weapon but nothing outstanding,  it's not neither close to the trouble maker or nano of ages ago.

Edited by PingOVER9000

11 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

No and then there are other priorities, there are tons of weapons (like 95%) in armas/ game need buffs or complete rework because they are pretty much not useable at all several of them.. better start giving a proper balance to them before starting anti-fuck everything is less RNG based in the game.

broken huh.. Oscar has never changed since release, good weapon but nothing outstanding,  it's not neither close to the trouble maker or nano of ages ago.

Just compare these two and it will be more clear.
image.png

5 hours ago, Divait said:

Just compare these two and it will be more clear.

Both has the same role but at the same time both are different weapons, one is sligtly better in longe range and more precise (Obeya) and another one is sligtly better in medium range and better recovery bloom (Ursus).

Looking at only some stats and ignoring others is just telling how much you are ignorant about both the two weapons, for example:

* Obeya -Walk Modifier= 2

* Ursus   -Walk Modifier= 1.6

My weak advices:

1) Learn to use a obeya, obeya is pretty accurate but it has a sort of slow recovery bloom ( aka bloom or bullet spread it's an element of randomness that varies where bullets go in the crosshair area, bigger become the crosshair, more inaccurate it's the weapon)

2) DONT spray with it if you use macro or tapfiring super fast with it, the obeya has its own pace and especially (continue read below)

*3) try with obeya DON'T MOVE OR DONT USE W-A-S-D because the bloom and in-accuracy of weapon drop in the bad side very fast (especially at the beginning when you are a still noob with it)

4) Get a Ursus and see by yourself before claiming something as a raging baby

12 hours ago, Divait said:

You are probably the Ursus player, don't you? How it's not if Ursus is the most powerful weapon in the game at the moment and it's due to the fact you have to grind for that. Technically it's like Obeya with better firerate because people are placing IR 3 (Improved Rifling 3) mode on this.

In my opinion if they will make Ursus 1 slot mode - there will be only the crosshair thing without range abuse.

I've had Ursus for years yes, but I rarely use it, I love it, but I'm always switching weapons, I haven't used it in many months, and I still use Ntec-5 more often than Ursus.

But that's what Ursus is, a longer range variant of Ntec-5, that is also weaker @ close range, it's quite balanced

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

You can work in the opposite direction. This will make the game less dynamic. I am very often caught off guard and killed because I do not have time to react. This is due to the ping of the network and the server. The game freezes for a moment, and then all the bullets arrive at once. Nerf popular weapons will increase the time to kill. The server will feel better processing less information.

I completely agree with you about the genre of the game. It is necessary to get off the trail from the shooter genre. The shooter from this game turned out to be crappy.

Edited by Yapopal

4 hours ago, N66 said:

I've had Ursus for years yes, but I rarely use it, I love it, but I'm always switching weapons, I haven't used it in many months, and I still use Ntec-5 more often than Ursus.

But that's what Ursus is, a longer range variant of Ntec-5, that is also weaker @ close range, it's quite balanced

I mean of course on the close range you may find a better weapons but I said that the Ursus is a most powerful weapon due to the fact it's a mid + close range gun, gets you 5 shots to kill comparing to an usual 6 shots on the normal Ntec-5. I have had the situations where players were still good with an Ursus in the close range, so clearly you have a bad point of view here.

For example - on the close range a more newbie player will use NTEC-7c New Glory (same as Ursus but for a close range) and more experienced player will stick with Ursus because it's a mid range + close range gun, just simple as that.

Edited by Divait

4 minutes ago, Yapopal said:

Nerf popular weapons will increase the time to kill. The server will feel better processing less information.

Doesnt matter if they change the TTK or nerf popular weapons whatever, if your reaction time is shit (also if it is just of 1 seconds disadvantage in fps games for latency matter is already too much sadly) due to your connection, you will always play handicapped or in a wheel chair compared to your opponents, you cant change it... anyway there are only 3 alternatives for improving:

- get a better connections (Yapopal in his mind "ofc smart4ss as I dont know about it , shut up already you @PingOVER9000 son of cuss cussing word)

- install hacks or assist aims and cheating for instant auto reactions  but I guess it's not your style   -______-

- Enjoy apb for what you can ... forget competitive, avoid cqc, be smart and play with explosive weapons, snipers/longer range weapon you can maybe manage to make some nice matchups or playing more in supporting  side for your teamates.

8 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Looking at only some stats and ignoring others is just telling how much you are ignorant about both the two weapons.

Maybe but I just showed you the main stats so people here would see that the Ursus is on the level with a marksman rifle (if not a better because as I said earlier - players are modding it with IR3 so it's an assault rifle which is on the level with a marksman rifle, lol)

* Obeya -Walk Modifier= 2

* Ursus   -Walk Modifier= 1.6

Are you even serious right now? People are just holding "shift" button in an almost every situations of the gameplay.

1) Learn to use a obeya, obeya is pretty accurate but it has a sort of slow recovery bloom ( aka bloom or bullet spread it's an element of randomness that varies where bullets go in the crosshair area, bigger become the crosshair, more inaccurate it's the weapon)

I know how to use it and I like this gun but it lacks the firerate so in close range Ursus is better.

4) Get a Ursus and see by yourself before claiming something as a raging baby

Thanks for "2) and 3)" but I already answered on them. Good, when I will have 3k hours in the game, maybe I will get it. 😅

Edited by Divait

1 hour ago, Divait said:

Are you even serious right now? People just holding "shift" button in an almost every situations of the gameplay.

Sadly yes, the bloom of the obeya increase quite substiantaly while moving in markmanship mode and you may experience suddenly for example a lot of more RNG horizontal recoils/shots.

So crouching is not bad idea if you are well covered somewhere, the crouch modifier accuracy of the obeya is one of the weapon forte , with decent tapfiring it's a lot of more easier stading still/ crouching reaching  that a more sort of ideal of 5 Shots-To-Kill.

If my explanation it's not clear, hoping this example is more clear, get a HVR and try shotting a wall while moving in markmanship mode.. you will note the crosshair area, aka the bloom, it expand of quite something.

That's the  "Walk Modifier" effecting your weapon accuracy while moving, if you have still some doubts or poor sight while testing,  equip it with HIGH MAGNIFICATION SCOPE and you will may see it better by yourself about it

Current N-HVR 762 Walk Modifier = 9 (one of the highest of the game) generally after 1.5 valour,  it will make a weapon sort of stinky rng... main reason I dropped the Ursus and also HVR.. my total HATE DEVS DECIDED LATELY THESE YEARS PLAYING AROUND WITH THESE STINKY STAT       -_____-

Edited by PingOVER9000
Walk Modifier after 1.5/1.6 make weapons more RNG shitty -____-. huge thanks SPCT AND DEVS with these changes for making several weapons RNG shit.....

1 hour ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Sadly yes, the bloom of the obeya increase quite substiantaly while moving in markmanship mode and you may experience suddenly for example a lot of more RNG horizontal recoils/shots.

So crouching is not bad idea if you are well covered somewhere, the crouch modifier accuracy of the obeya is one of the weapon forte , with decent tapfiring it's a lot of more easier stading still/ crouching reaching  that a more sort of ideal of 5 Shots-To-Kill.

If my explanation it's not clear, hoping this example is more clear, get a HVR and try shotting a wall while moving in markmanship mode.. you will note the crosshair area, aka the bloom, it expand of quite something.

That's the  "Walk Modifier" effecting your weapon accuracy while moving, if you have still some doubts or poor sight while testing,  equip it with HIGH MAGNIFICATION SCOPE and you will may see it better by yourself about it

Current N-HVR 762 Walk Modifier = 9 (one of the highest of the game) generally after 1.5 valour,  it will make a weapon sort of stinky rng... main reason I dropped the Ursus and also HVR.. my total HATE DEVS DECIDED LATELY THESE YEARS PLAYING AROUND WITH THESE STINKY STAT       -_____-

Thank you for clearing this out, no jokes. Well, the Ursus is still ahead on this: "Walk Modifier" stat so I don't even know why you mentioned this.

HVR 762 has 9 while HVR 243 has 3 (what the hell is it, not a sniper to be honest so clueless on the sniper rifles)

P.S. I don't often crouch with Obeya so I don't know how it's helping you...

Edited by Divait

8 minutes ago, Divait said:

this: "Walk Modifier" stat so I don't even know why you mentioned this.

Because

1 hour ago, Divait said:

Are you even serious right now? People are just holding "shift" button in an almost every situations of the gameplay.

... That's it, keep in mind about this particular and what I told about when using Obeya, I hope you'll have more fun with it.

bye

Edited by PingOVER9000

Nope,

for close range and long range 'URSUS' sucks, so there is complete balance.

N-tec 5 should get a nerf 😉 

19 minutes ago, alfa12 said:

Nope,

for close range and long range 'URSUS' sucks, so there is complete balance.

N-tec 5 should get a nerf 😉 

If you are bad with Ursus in a close range - doesn't mean everyone else are too. 😉

On 4/30/2023 at 4:57 AM, BlatMan said:

No. Revert latest Obeya CR762 changes.

aKA

Obeya changes

1.20.0.837176 (Sunday, Aug 22, 2021)

Updated fHealthDamage from 245 to 220.

For a semi-auto I havent still understood the reason of the nerf..UNLESS.. Lo has just to admit they take/took (and maybe will take) money/sponsor from Mouse companies again, so better stop being hypocritc and just turn semi-auto in autos or allow firing macro I guess... -___-

Merged.

On 4/29/2023 at 9:20 PM, Divait said:

If you are bad with Ursus in a close range - doesn't mean everyone else are too. 😉

it's has slower fire rate, slower recovery bloom (but Ursus kill with one less shot and more damage per shot) and dont forgot about the accuracy dropping down with moving just a little with W-A-S-D.

N-tec5 is (slightly) more versatile than Ursus .

Edited by PingOVER9000
totally forgot about this 4ss-change..

12 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

it's has slower fire rate, slower recovery bloom (but Ursus kill with one less shot and more damage per shot) and dont forgot about the accuracy dropping down with moving just a little with W-A-S-D.

N-tec5 is (slightly) more versatile than Ursus .

Well true but I see Ursuses more often than Obeyas and close range Ursus is better than Obeya still.

12 hours ago, Divait said:

Well true but I see Ursuses more often than Obeyas and close range Ursus is better than Obeya still.

There is a logic reason for it... and with the amount of answers you received opening this thread you shall have  figurated out by yourself why there are more people using Ursus than Obeya  ...

1. Players about getting Ursus is relativily easy to get and modding,  because you can just purchase it and having one permanent in game with APB characters cash.. after you slot IR3 you dont need anything else.
  2.  Players about getting a Obeya 3 slot is a little more tedious, you have to pay around 25k in game and reach Marksman role at level 15 or unlock  Obeya CR762.4 "Artic Blaze Mk-IV from high tier contacts... for 10 days... Add to the pile a lot of dont know tapfiring the RECOIL it or just full fire with macro + Players F2P may consider save moneys for getting a permanent in market... anyway  get in armas a permanent ones, totally worthy it!
  3.  As you told previously, but it's the same also for a lot of people in game, you havent had no idea about some mechanics or figure it out about how using at Obeya at its fullest potential... that's why they ditch Obeya as a mediocre weapon.. as veteran the people I have fear and pleasure to play against most are the ones has mastered obeya, Oscar (and a certain guy using ALIG/ CASE+ nfa9 with godlike tapfiring -.- ... no this guy, in friendship, has my total hate)
  4.  and then reminding about the telling "the grass is always greener on the other neighbor garden "... you are not in possesion or ever tried a Ursus before, so before talking about nerf or whatever try to get one by yourself before buddy.

In case still something not clear I will try explain last time making an analogy... where I live there are a lot of juicy G cups, ofc they are pretty popular, but that doesnt mean flat chested or sport bra princess with god like ABS are worse than them..  no, no not all trust me 😂

Edited by PingOVER9000
cya, have fun 

On 4/29/2023 at 6:54 PM, Divait said:

I mean of course on the close range you may find a better weapons but I said that the Ursus is a most powerful weapon due to the fact it's a mid + close range gun, gets you 5 shots to kill comparing to an usual 6 shots on the normal Ntec-5. I have had the situations where players were still good with an Ursus in the close range, so clearly you have a bad point of view here.

For example - on the close range a more newbie player will use NTEC-7c New Glory (same as Ursus but for a close range) and more experienced player will stick with Ursus because it's a mid range + close range gun, just simple as that.

What does it mean if it's a 5 shot? did you check Time To Kill? it shoots slower.

Also, I'm sorry but it's not that I have a bad point of view, you have a bad aim, if you lose to Ursus close range, you can kill with DMR close range too, but that would only be because the enemy gave you plenty of chance.

Borrow an Ursus and see for yourself, you'll calm down then, it's a nice and solid weapon, but nothing OP.

And see specifically, how reliable it is close range, compared to  other n-tec variants, then compared to mid-close range weapons.

On 5/1/2023 at 11:23 AM, PingOVER9000 said:

There is a logic reason for it... and with the amount of answers you received opening this thread you shall have  figurated out by yourself why there are more people using Ursus than Obeya  ...

1. Players about getting Ursus is relativily easy to get and modding,  because you can just purchase it and having one permanent in game with APB characters cash.. after you slot IR3 you dont need anything else.
  2.  Players about getting a Obeya 3 slot is a little more tedious, you have to pay around 25k in game and reach Marksman role at level 15 or unlock  Obeya CR762.4 "Artic Blaze Mk-IV from high tier contacts... for 10 days... Add to the pile a lot of dont know tapfiring the RECOIL it or just full fire with macro + Players F2P may consider save moneys for getting a permanent in market... anyway  get in armas a permanent ones, totally worthy it!
  3.  As you told previously, but it's the same also for a lot of people in game, you havent had no idea about some mechanics or figure it out about how using at Obeya at its fullest potential... that's why they ditch Obeya as a mediocre weapon.. as veteran the people I have fear and pleasure to play against most are the ones has mastered obeya, Oscar (and a certain guy using ALIG/ CASE+ nfa9 with godlike tapfiring -.- ... no this guy, in friendship, has my total hate)
  4.  and then reminding about the telling "the grass is always greener on the other neighbor garden "... you are not in possesion or ever tried a Ursus before, so before talking about nerf or whatever try to get one by yourself before buddy.

1. How it supposed to be easy if you have to pay 2500 JT (Joker Tickets) for it each time and having small chances to get it permanently? (I don't remember exactly how much you must spend for getting the permanent Ursus)
2. Yeah, you may buy Obeya for 10000 JT from Armas.
3. I like machine guns but you are slow with them in this game. 🙃
4. Yeah, I answered on this few posts ago - maybe when I will have 3 thousand hours in this game, I will get it. But I will try to give you an analogy as well: "You don't have to be a chef to say the soup is bad"

P.S. Also few good players were agree with me that the Ursus is OP. (dont want to call the names)

Merged.

On 5/1/2023 at 2:36 PM, N66 said:

What does it mean if it's a 5 shot? did you check Time To Kill? it shoots slower.

image.png

Yeah, I see, big difference. 🙄

Also, I'm sorry but it's not that I have a bad point of view, you have a bad aim, if you lose to Ursus close range, you can kill with DMR close range too, but that would only be because the enemy gave you plenty of chance.

You must be a 300 IQ person to compare the sniper rifle in a close range to the Ursus. I have decent aim, not calling myself A GOD but I will just say decent. (If someone will abuse thirdperson mechanics and seat behind the wall - aim will not help you, you know, the grenades will help but sometimes you have 0 info)

Merged.

On 5/1/2023 at 2:36 PM, N66 said:

image.png

For example if you will compare a Ursus to AR-97 - yeah, you will see the differences and they are both 5 shot to kill but even here Ursus is ahead.

8 hours ago, Divait said:

You must be a 300 IQ person to compare the sniper rifle in a close range to the Ursus. I have decent aim, not calling myself A GOD but I will just say decent. (If someone will abuse thirdperson mechanics and seat behind the wall - aim will not help you, you know, the grenades will help but sometimes you have 0 info)

I'm comparing them make a point and an exaggeration, you had to be rude and here I am detailing it again.

Also what am I supposed to see? that's the point I'm making, a bullet less to kill is nothing to note if the time to kill is the same, try comparing it to Obeya for example, then Ursus is where it should be, AR-97 is just garbage, not because of TTK but because of bloom.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, N66 said:

I'm comparing them make a point and an exaggeration, you had to be rude and here I am detailing it again.

Also what am I supposed to see? that's the point I'm making, a bullet less to kill is nothing to note if the time to kill is the same, try comparing it to Obeya for example, then Ursus is where it should be, AR-97 is just garbage, not because of TTK but because of bloom.

a bullet less to kill is crucial in the competitive team game. I already did a comparison to Obeya, you just didn't read the thread. (and calling me rude, okay, lol)

For now - Ursus is better than Obeya.

Edited by Divait