Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, MonkaS said:
8 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

has 100% a working and real functional of importance in APB Reloaded today.

 

Repeating old known misinformation whilst not being valid anymore today, is just as incorrect as repeating or spreading false or misinformation today. Always re-validate if the landscape changes, which in this case it has as we switched BattlEye to EasyAntiCheat or EOS.

show me it working otherwise I don't believe you

 

Well.. repeat it again after seeing in youtube videos of hackers posting for 5 years recordings of their gameplay, including also spy-checking of reactions from the streamers angrily playing legit against them.

 

Ah ofc we cannot post these public videos made by them for the LO policy, No No we and anyone cannot shame them at all ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Welp, the game had a beautiful two days run without hacks and fair gaming. It's gone already. I thought it would last at least a week.

 

At least now I know for sure who's hacking and who's just very good.

Edited by Aka2k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  

On 4/26/2023 at 10:14 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

 

GENERAL CHANGES:

  • Easy Anti Cheat is now fully implemented in APB! Launching the game will install EAC automatically. Please continue to use the /report command to report cheaters, as always!


Thanks,
Matt

EAC wont matter if your still forced to play with / against High ranking golds (i dont mean 255 rank , i mean golds that are gold 10+) and have no matchmaking

nice try but til that is fixed, im staying away, not worth the frustration

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

  

EAC wont matter if your still forced to play with / against High ranking golds (i dont mean 255 rank , i mean golds that are gold 10+) and have no matchmaking

nice try but til that is fixed, im staying away, not worth the frustration

Same, but the opposite viewpoint. It's too easy to reach gold threat, so the matchmaking system can't make a balanced match. High silver / low gold should be roughly the same, but in reality there's a bigger skill gap than from low green to low silver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MonkaS said:

show me it working otherwise I don't believe you

I don't work for Little Orbit and EOS / EAC, I am in a voluntary role as San Paro City Tester.

Not GM, nor Moderation however they handle these things, I do not know and don't want to mix myself in to.

23 hours ago, Hexerin said:

When (read: "if") LO ever starts actually taking action, maybe then things will have changed.

The fact we gotten EAC is meant that (i'd assume) they do something with it. Not just let it collect dust, would've spend energy and time elsewhere (I would imagine) if this was the plan.

22 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

I would hope so, however in the past no report was even considered without a video proof.

 I would like to know if this is still the case. 

I realize that simply taking my word via report won't cause a ban.

But will it get staff to looking at that person, does X number of reports cause a 'Flag'?

There is no reason for me to go thru the time it takes to respond to the mission, wait for someone to hack.

Then stop playing and report them for what ever you saw happen, go running back to the mission.

get botted by another of their team, stop report that player, and so on.

 Does nobody any good if those reports are not handled nor if they are considered trash

because no video was sent. And then How do u send them video.

 So many hackers were just swimming in hax. I aint helping LO if they aint gonna do nothing.

 

I've thought for a long time they had some kind of god mode unlimited health type thing.

 You always hear it in chat and see it yourself, where someone takes a full clip, or several nades landing

n they aren't touched. So to argue the effect not the hack. Maybe its something that prevents your shots from registering.

 Only way to find out would be for staff to download and use the hax, or see what they have that does that.

 

 

I cannot say; I don't do anything special with APB; I just know that from moderating another video game that uses EAC that reports do actually really help and people report there very well to keep the game clear. But it'll be a forever cat-and-mouse type of game. In that other game (NOT APB) we also adore footage as it can always help out add to the file of evidence/collection of data.

 

Godmode doesn't exist. Health is server-sided, this cannot be modified or locked or frozen. This works extremely different from singleplayer (clientsided) games.

 

In 90% of cases Game companies themselves do not do anything with anticheating and hire or rent a service like EAC (free for Unreal Engine-based games) or BattlEye, or FairFight or many other similar SaaS solutions.

 

At the end of the day, for suspected players please use:

/report <name> cheating

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

At the end of the day, for suspected players please use:


/report <name> cheating

 I am not wasting my time reporting if the report is not considered Viable because no video evidence is submitted.

 Until a LO staff member or Cookie tells me different. Im not reporting shit till i get an answer. 

 Do Reports count if no video is submitted? As has always been the case.

No reason for me to report if the report isnt read. 

 Mind U LO this is The Last Time im gonna Ask. @MattScott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

 I am not wasting my time reporting if the report is not considered Viable because no video evidence is submitted.

 Until a LO staff member or Cookie tells me different. Im not reporting shit till i get an answer. 

 Do Reports count if no video is submitted? As has always been the case.

No reason for me to report if the report isnt read. 

 Mind U LO this is The Last Time im gonna Ask. @MattScott

How is it effort for you or "wasting time" to quickly write /report <name> cheating?

"No I don't play the game, pressing WASD is too much work" kinda vibe.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nobody going to mention they broke the arrest system with this patch haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ninjarrrr said:

nobody going to mention they broke the arrest system with this patch haha

This is a known bug and is being looked in to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

 I am not wasting my time reporting if the report is not considered Viable because no video evidence is submitted.

 Until a LO staff member or Cookie tells me different

/report works I promise, I use it myself 
as was stated previously LO has gone out of their way to revamp the reporting system in order to make it more effective
reports are what LO uses to start investigations into player activities (not just cheating)
if no one reports, LO has no info to act on

on a side note, you can take the word of any SPCT

many of them know a great deal more than me
 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

/report works I promise, I use it myself 
as was stated previously LO has gone out of their way to revamp the reporting system in order to make it more effective
reports are what LO uses to start investigations into player activities (not just cheating)
if no one reports, LO has no info to act on

on a side note, you can take the word of any SPCT

many of them know a great deal more than me
 

stop lying we all know /report doesn't work. unless they start broadcasting bans again or show me /report working I don't believe they are actually banning anyone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

stop lying we all know /report doesn't work. unless they start broadcasting bans again or show me /report working I don't believe they are actually banning anyone.

Epic Games requires you to integrate the "EOS Report Interface" as part of the integration process to activate Sanctions automatically.

 

Here is the article in question that shows the documentation, straight from Epic's own Online Services documentation, which is public for anyone to see:

https://dev.epicgames.com/docs/game-services/anti-cheat/using-anti-cheat#working-with-cheat-detections

 

After a player is sanctioned, they may be automatically kicked by EAC the next time they enter the game.

 

The /report command is hooked up to Epic on the server-side which is why the messaging was included in the main post, I would wager.

Edited by Sophiie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Opposition called in as backup have bugged name tags when not in line of sight. The name tag behaves as if it's 100+ meters away. The name tag is suppose to smoothly follow the player when closer than 100 meters.

 

Posting it here since you seem to pay attention to the patch note threads rather than the bug report section.

 

30 minutes ago, Sophiie said:

Epic Games requires you to integrate the "EOS Report Interface" as part of the integration process to activate Sanctions automatically.

 

Here is the article in question that shows the documentation, straight from Epic's own Online Services documentation, which is public for anyone to see:

https://dev.epicgames.com/docs/game-services/anti-cheat/using-anti-cheat#working-with-cheat-detections

 

After a player is sanctioned, they may be automatically kicked by EAC the next time they enter the game.

 

The /report command is hooked up to Epic on the server-side which is why the messaging was included in the main post, I would wager.

 

I think you meant to link to this page:

https://dev.epicgames.com/docs/game-services/reports-interface

 

The functionality exists in Easy Anti-Cheat, but we have no confirmation from the developers that they integrated the APB /report UI with the EAC reports feature.

 

It's borderline useless for the developers to log such reports when 99% of them are from low skilled players, and 100% of them contain no evidence of cheating, just hearsay from the player submitting the report. We've been told that we need video evidence of cheating, so /report is useless regardless of functionality.

Edited by BlatMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

How is it effort for you or "wasting time" to quickly write /report <name> cheating?

"No I don't play the game, pressing WASD is too much work" kinda vibe.

Actually, clicking whisper on the name of the suspect and replace /w with /report is easier and more efficient. Sometimes, it's the only way to get the right name.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BlatMan said:

It's borderline useless for the developers to log such reports when 99% of them are from low skilled players, and 100% of them contain no evidence of cheating, just hearsay from the player submitting the report. We've been told that we need video evidence of cheating, so /report is useless regardless of functionality.

Video evidence can assist, not determine. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BlatMan said:

We've been told that we need video evidence of cheating

Wait who said that? 
Sure it helps, but “needed”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Wait who said that? 

been my question all week.

Are reports without video considered.

 I can stream but im not going thru all the clipping n bs to make a video for each hacker.

I have allot more fun just screwing up the mission, I don't mind saying in public here,

Dude says in chat 'Nobody Hax', so i took the box n ran the other end of map.

They think its funny to hax then claim everyone is a shit person cuz they dont 

play a shooter without hax as good as they do with them, but they can't hold a job, 

have no notable assets. Because of their isolation from the real world, they actually think

they're successful at life n its their rightful place to call Bad, uninstall, ect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BlatMan said:

The functionality exists in Easy Anti-Cheat, but we have no confirmation from the developers that they integrated the APB /report UI with the EAC reports feature.

The /report feature has been hooked up to EasyAntiCheat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Emily said:

Функция /report была подключена к EasyAntiCheat.

when can i play ??????????? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aren123 said:

when can i play ??????????? 

Team is working on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Emily said:

The /report feature has been hooked up to EasyAntiCheat.

Thank you for confirming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Emily said:

Команда работает над этим.

passed 3.5 hours , please tell me when 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aren123 said:

passed 3.5 hours , please tell me when 

We do not have ETA on when it will be fixed. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2023 at 8:28 PM, Sophiie said:

Epic Games requires you to integrate the "EOS Report Interface" as part of the integration process to activate Sanctions automatically.

 

Here is the article in question that shows the documentation, straight from Epic's own Online Services documentation, which is public for anyone to see:

https://dev.epicgames.com/docs/game-services/anti-cheat/using-anti-cheat#working-with-cheat-detections

 

After a player is sanctioned, they may be automatically kicked by EAC the next time they enter the game.

 

The /report command is hooked up to Epic on the server-side which is why the messaging was included in the main post, I would wager.

so it never worked with battleye? now I will definitely believe everything LO says /s. Also they still aren't broadcasting bans so there is no proof they are issuing any bans.

Edited by MonkaS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...