MattScott

04/27 EAC Patch!

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

GENERAL CHANGES:

• Easy Anti Cheat is now fully implemented in APB! Launching the game will install EAC automatically. Please continue to use the /report command to report cheaters, as always!

dNozxud.gif

Wonderful news! Real quick tho, could you hook me up with a Horizontal Muzzle Break for JT? C'mooon, I'll send you homemade syrup! 🙂

9 hours ago, MattScott said:

GENERAL CHANGES:

• Easy Anti Cheat is now fully implemented in APB! Launching the game will install EAC automatically. Please continue to use the /report command to report cheaters, as always!
  • Players can now choose to disable fog. This option can be found in the Advanced Video settings (note that keeping fog enabled slightly impacts performance)

Nice! LO promises and LO delivers. I like the sound of that. 

Really hyped for EAC. Cant wait for FF to join it in the future.

BALANCE CHANGES:

• Previously when nerfing the Colby .45, an extra 5m was accidentally taken off the range. After testing we’ve decided to keep this, meaning the Colby .45’s range will stay at 45m.
  • Coywolf VIP torque slowdown adjusted: 0.8 -> 0.94 (fixes ineffective modifier)

Oh they will not like this 😂

BUG FIXES:

• Implemented a fix for the ‘car bug' (the issue where exiting a car while drifting caused players to visually desync for everyone else)
  • Fixed an exploit involving objectives and crouching at the same time

We'll see about that...

What's the crouch one? Never heard of it...

Edited by Weaboos

51 minutes ago, Therustee said:

yea i mean fairfight shouldnt be ditched anyway it was working at least

Most of the people banned in those days were just people Tiggs and her little clique didn't like. It had nothing to do with cheating.

There's a reason that she's so reviled by anyone who has even the slightest bit of a working moral compass.

Finally getting my undeserved ban lifted now! 

Right? 

Right?....

• Like 1

Players can now choose to disable fog.

what fog?was removed long time ago now is only with halloween event

• m_bEnableMuzzleFlash=true
  • m_bEnableMagazineCasings=true

so we can change this to "false"?

7 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

so we can change this to "false"?

Correct and doing so will turn those effects off.

Glad to see that the roadmap for this year is being followed, keep up the good work, dont give up !

Highest Priority

- Hosting Upgrade #1 – 64-bit, Easy Anti Cheat,
 Epic Online Services Support, Next step ?

Please hire more staff,4 months for EAC ??????

EDIT***

- New Contacts

Lynette and Lucas have already been revealed to the community, and we are hoping to release them after EasyAntiCheat and Hosting Upgrade #1.

3b7d3bde-7860-4625-aee0-faa86ee5eb4a_tex

Edited by Yanshinpro
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Frosi said:

If they're blatantly cheating then EAC has a much better chance of banning them than BE ever had, not to mention that they also talked about possibly returning FairFight in the future on top of EAC.

Overall happy to see EAC return and actually having meaningful patch notes along with it, hopefully this milestone patch is the first of many.

Oh my God!, this will be very good.

Thank you L.O

FF is coming back? What software am I allowed to use while playing the game then? Because afair FF could ban you literally for everythning, that affects your gameplay more or less. I've been using this software for a while now, and everything was ok, but I just want to make sure, that I am doing everything right.

1st software is disabling one certain key on my keyboard, because I can't disable it ingame. "KeyTweak". It doesnt run when I play, but they key is generally disabled.
2d software is fixing my LMB double click problem. My mouse is a bit broken and sometimes it double clicks accidentally (not sure when I'll fix this). I use this software not specifically ingame, but generally, but it is still active when I play the game. "Left Mouse Button Fix"

Could I get my account banned for using the programms named or for my mouse hardware problem or for the disabled key? Because support said i'm using it on my own risk. And EAC support just ignored me. Mb SPCTs could answer better. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, temv said:

FF is coming back? What software am I allowed to use while playing the game then? Because afair FF could ban you literally for everythning,

FF was a purely server side anti-cheat that used stats to determine who's cheating and who isn't, it had no access to check what sort of programs you're running on your PC so your concerns are unwarranted.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MattScott said:

I'm going to make tomorrow's patch announcement.

@MattScott  Thank You, I can't put it in words, Sir Thank You

Just now, Kirito558PL said:

how long yet? someone know ? ugh

Servers are online.

On 4/27/2023 at 12:47 PM, Frosi said:

All Helpers are members from SPCT, myself included, if you think someone is cheating the /report functionality should be a lot more effective in combination with EAC so I'll advise you to use it for any player you think may be cheating.

i expected this script of an answer XD 

if you think someone is cheating

Merged.

On 4/27/2023 at 1:45 PM, Cuve said:

Finally getting my undeserved ban lifted now! 

Right? 

Right?....

ouch :c

Merged.

On 4/27/2023 at 1:35 PM, Hexerin said:

Most of the people banned in those days were just people Tiggs and her little clique didn't like. It had nothing to do with cheating.

There's a reason that she's so reviled by anyone who has even the slightest bit of a working moral compass.

tiggs favorites or matt scott little puppies literally same shit just coming from a different butthole

Good update. Just scared about the lack of a line drawn for modified files. 

I couldn't log after the update it says "Error Code 10004 The account is currently in use from another client" is that normal?

21 minutes ago, emotes said:

Good update. Just scared about the lack of a line drawn for modified files. 

If you're referring to players using edits to remove all smoke particles etc then I'm happy to inform you that EAC kicks you for using those type of edits.

I have an error code of 8, is the server running or is it sleeping?

12 minutes ago, Dsntw said:

I have an error code of 8, is the server running or is it sleeping?

I'm getting the same error code

6 hours ago, Yanshinpro said:

Please hire more staff,4 months for EAC ??????

This shall be the minum requirement, I hope they have already amplied the staff worthy enough for future regular updates.. not just for dropping them out after a pair of months...

Anticheat with proper updates work better with a worthy number of passionate admins/ Gamemasters with admin powers, not reporters slaves for people too busy/ doesnt care it in past.. and give them an paycheck or better give them experience/training in something worthy to write in a CV  👈

Edited by PingOVER9000
to Gamemasters gave the powa
  • Like 1

The team is aware of the login issues and they are looking into how to resolve them.

~@mayii