Ritual

04/19 Maintenance Announcement

37 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Taken from your own video evidence, showing there is no change. Fuck off with the gaslighting.

No gaslighting, just better understanding of what these changes actually do, the STAR is running into its jump accuracy cap in both clips due to moving and jumping as in this scenario its not using a negative multiplier such as that of the marksman modifier. The real difference in jump modifier values has always been when aiming down sights as the negative multiplier of most guns will make it so it no longer runs into its jump accuracy cap.

I know you're always on the look out for something to complain about to feed your narrative that LO is doing nothing to improve the game but if you're gonna spew miss information because you're uninformed I'm more than happy to fact check you because I actually do know just about everything there is to know about the games mechanics and value interactions under the hood. Also, Speed's DB runs the updated values straight from the SDD that was sent to him as part of this patch, this actually caught that the .45 has received a stronger nerf than initially intended which made it to the Live servers and once more confirms that all changes have made it to the Live game as intended.

Also on the topic of the .45, surely you've noticed that it turns into a 6 stk at 37m when it used to have a 40m effective range.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Except it isn't, as anyone who has tested both the STAR and LCR ingame (as I have, both before and after the patch) can tell you. Their jump accuracy remains unchanged, and on top of that, this is beyond easy to tell because both have different accuracy while jumping (LCR is more accurate, as expected). According to the patch notes, both should have the same accuracy, and the STAR especially should be a third tighter than it currently is.

If you're going to try and hit me with a "gotcha", you might want to make sure you have anything to stand on. Sit the fuck down.

On 4/20/2023 at 3:24 AM, Hexerin said:

Which is ultimately the problem, as LO listens to them over us (when they do listen at all). In other words, LO listens to a tiny clique circlejerk that was chosen by the old administration. You know, the administration that drove itself into collapse and systematically destroyed this game. Surely, listening exclusively to them won't end poorly.

This is why LO doesn't listen to you. You have proven consistently that you don't check the facts (or blatantly lie).

• Like 1

LO for the love of god, at least acknowledge this several year old bug

Edited by Optimus_Crime

18 hours ago, Optimus_Crime said:

LO for the love of god, at least acknowledge this several year old bug

They need to fix a lot more than just that with the UI. At least that can be fixed via a restart. What can't is how the crosshair doesn't tell you the correct weapon bloom unless you play in 4:3 or turn your UI size all the way up to the max.

8 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

What can't is how the crosshair doesn't tell you the correct weapon bloom unless you play in 4:3 or turn your UI size all the way up to the max.

First time I hear of this, do you have an evidence to back this up?

On 4/18/2023 at 11:51 AM, Ritual said:

BALANCE CHANGES:

• We moderately decreased the effective and max falloff range of the Colby .45 AP.

The main problem, even noted as top priority in your 2023 roadmap, is to take care of the cheats. Of course, that has been told to us for a decade, but anyways. So with your top priority, do you take care of the cheats??? No. You nerf the secondary weapon cheaters use a lot, nerfing it for everyone. Now they just use the macro + aimbot on the starter pistol instead. Over a decade, and this is what we get. I have been trying to get a bunch of my friends to come back after years away since the 64 bit update, telling them y'all say it's different this time. Of course, you just do the same exact things you have always done. Well, see you in a few years I guess. The last few weeks were as frustrating and not fun as always.

4 hours ago, Loaf-of-Evil said:

he main problem, even noted as top priority in your 2023 roadmap, is to take care of the cheats. Of course, that has been told to us for a decade, but anyways. So with your top priority, do you take care of the cheats??? No. You nerf the secondary weapon cheaters use a lot, nerfing it for everyone. Now they just use the macro + aimbot on the starter pistol instead. Over a decade, and this is what we get. I have been trying to get a bunch of my friends to come back after years away since the 64 bit update, telling them y'all say it's different this time. Of course, you just do the same exact things you have always done. Well, see you in a few years I guess. The last few weeks were as frustrating and not fun as always.

The main focus is still EAC and may be sooner than you may think, the developer was given 5 hours a week during downtime (such as when compiling a build) to do small balance changes such as these, it did not really take anything away from the EAC progress.

Edited by Frosi
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Frosi said:

Here ya go, as you can see it's pretty bad. Any new player is going to try and full auto someone and find that shots are missing, but their crosshair is well within the hitbox...

afaik this is a known issue

Edited by R3ACT3M
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Here ya go, as you can see it's pretty bad. Any new player is going to try and full auto someone and find that shots are missing, but their crosshair is well within the hitbox...

afaik this is a known issue

That afaik only affects the client side impacts.  Theres a few issues with effects being directional in APB for whatever reason, noticed muzzle smoke is also directional on some guns.

5 hours ago, SkittyM said:

That afaik only affects the client side impacts.  Theres a few issues with effects being directional in APB for whatever reason, noticed muzzle smoke is also directional on some guns.

Well it should be fixed right away as visual clues as to where your gun's bullets are going are important. Especially if one is trying to figure out how much a gun blooms without going to the apbdev every time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R3ACT3M said:

Well it should be fixed right away as visual clues as to where your gun's bullets are going are important. Especially if one is trying to figure out how much a gun blooms without going to the apbdev every time.

I've not really had an issues with it in combat however i'm super not enjoying update rate of player hitboxes.  I've killed people through walls and behind corners as well as been killed in those situations cause the hitbox is sometimes behind my actual location.

Some of these issues have become more noticeable with the district increase to 100 pop.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 7:38 AM, Frosi said:

Video got removed over the years but do check post #3 for more images.

Major problem on long range guns especially when it comes to walking and shooting at the same time. Game tells you have enough accuracy to do that when in reality you don't...

Edited by Weaboos
  • Thanks 1

The problem with .45 nosing into heavy pistol range could have been addressed by reverting the unnecessary nerfs to ACT44/RSA. That way the .45 would have been a middle ground between close range FBW and long range (more like medium atm) RSA.

IMO the real problem with .45 is it's ability to outgun close range guns like SMGs in their intended range mostly due to better accuracy while having similar ttk. I would have personally liked .45 to get Ursus treatment: same ttk as normal N-Tec, more damage per shot, 1 less bullet to kill, slower rate of fire, more range. So something like this: reduce rof so it has same ttk as FBW (1 sec), increase magazine capacity by 1-3 rounds, revert range nerfs.

Atm outcome will be more or less the same most golds will still be spamming .45 while some of them might switch to ACT44/RSA if they are running a PMG or something. But that's just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

Star changes I see no point tbh, on top of that changes are so minimal that even after watching the video I failed to see a noticeable difference when shooting and jumping... Problem with Star was never it's jumping accuracy, it was it's slow accuracy recovery at 40-50 m.

Can we get an Update on when the anti cheat will come out,

so we can start playing again? When I say 'We' I mean Legits.

11 hours ago, SkittyM said:

I've not really had an issues with it in combat however i'm super not enjoying update rate of player hitboxes.  I've killed people through walls and behind corners as well as been killed in those situations cause the hitbox is sometimes behind my actual location.

Some of these issues have become more noticeable with the district increase to 100 pop.

True, there are definitely more pressing matters that need adjusting. I still can't wrap my head around people's reaction towards this game sometimes.

2 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Like this guy...I mean I'm still 100% expecting this new anti-cheat to do nothing. As most APB's problems are not directly related to cheaters, but because mechanics or lack there of make it hard to spot one.

39 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Mack I promise, EAC is the #1 priority.

The real question is what will you think once it does come out and you still see the same "cheaters"?

Will you re-evaluate who you think is cheating? Or will you continue to think most golds are cheating?

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

The real question is what will you think once it does come out and you still see the same "cheaters"?

Will you re-evaluate who you think is cheating? Or will you continue to think most golds are cheating?

I will re-evaluate. I may still harbor mistrust, I know some golds and silvers, who we see all the time could be closets, or may go more in the closet.

If They Install, I would be willing to bury the Hatchet on golds being in what I call Bronze, and golds being suspect just for being gold.

I would then be able to worry about My aim n not theirs. I won't be running around crying bout golds anymore if they would just install. 

Because Then, We can fight and try to skill up, overcome and Win by tactical adaptation, with some assurance that the other guy

isn't using hax. 

Then if I see someone I think is dirty, Ill make a report n stfu n move on. You have My Word'  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Weaboos said:

The problem with .45 nosing into heavy pistol range could have been addressed by reverting the unnecessary nerfs to ACT44/RSA. That way the .45 would have been a middle ground between close range FBW and long range (more like medium atm) RSA.

IMO the real problem with .45 is it's ability to outgun close range guns like SMGs in their intended range mostly due to better accuracy while having similar ttk. I would have personally liked .45 to get Ursus treatment: same ttk as normal N-Tec, more damage per shot, 1 less bullet to kill, slower rate of fire, more range. So something like this: reduce rof so it has same ttk as FBW (1 sec), increase magazine capacity by 1-3 rounds, revert range nerfs.

Atm outcome will be more or less the same most golds will still be spamming .45 while some of them might switch to ACT44/RSA if they are running a PMG or something. But that's just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

Star changes I see no point tbh, on top of that changes are so minimal that even after watching the video I failed to see a noticeable difference when shooting and jumping... Problem with Star was never it's jumping accuracy, it was it's slow accuracy recovery at 40-50 m.

I'm sorry but if your getting out gunned by a .45 in smg range there is either a large skill gap or they are cheating.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MonkaS said:

I'm sorry but if your getting out gunned by a .45 in smg range there is either a large skill gap or they are cheating.

Weapons like OCA especially coupled with CJ3 have poor accuracy and always miss shots due to that unless within 5-10 m it's not uncommon to outgun such weapons with .45. Done so myself and got done to by others. People used to defend FBW when it used to do the same and it got nerfed eventually.

3 hours ago, Weaboos said:

Weapons like OCA especially coupled with CJ3 have poor accuracy and always miss shots due to that unless within 5-10 m it's not uncommon to outgun such weapons with .45. Done so myself and got done to by others. People used to defend FBW when it used to do the same and it got nerfed eventually.

10m is smg range. if your losing to a 45 at 11m+ when using a cj3 oca you'll also lose to a fbw, carbine, or oscar.

Edited by MonkaS

21 hours ago, SkittyM said:

I've not really had an issues with it in combat however i'm super not enjoying update rate of player hitboxes.  I've killed people through walls and behind corners as well as been killed in those situations cause the hitbox is sometimes behind my actual location. Some of these issues have become more noticeable with the district increase to 100 pop.

Issues like this won't be fixed until LO upgrades to servers with modern tickrates. Such an upgrade would also help with things like hitreg, the server side portion of ghosting, etc. Theoretically, it would also help to reduce the physics issues that faster vehicles have.

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Mack I promise, EAC is the #1 priority.

Priority?

if you mean the "N*1 Little Orbit PRIORITY" it has never changed, it's pretty clear it have always been the same 

<"Hey, we appreciate your business with apb reloaded. we are taking all your suggestions and feedback in mind and have huge goals set for the future.">

<"Also: "can we have some money so we can make another game even though we don't have the staff to do so, or are even in the proper state to take on another project thanks.">

11 hours ago, MonkaS said:

10m is smg range. if your losing to a 45 at 11m+ when using a cj3 oca you'll also lose to a fbw, carbine, or oscar.

10 m is more of a shotgun range, when I wrote the "10 m" figure I did not mean literally 1 m more. Smg effective range always used to extend up to 20 m and could still somewhat tickle at 30 m just not reliably, I guess PMG still is deadly there I'm just not a fan of that particular gun.

Can't remember last time I lost to a FBW, at 20 m using cqc primary, that 1 more stk makes all the difference, can recall plenty of times losing to a .45 at that range and plenty of times I did that to an enemy. Identical ttk and less random inaccuracy, kind of like pocket joker carbine.

Shredding OCAs at 20+ m with carbine is nothing to write home about, not sure what's your point. Also Oscar > any smg.

Edited by Weaboos

14 hours ago, Weaboos said:

10 m is more of a shotgun range, when I wrote the "10 m" figure I did not mean literally 1 m more. Smg effective range always used to extend up to 20 m and could still somewhat tickle at 30 m just not reliably, I guess PMG still is deadly there I'm just not a fan of that particular gun.

Can't remember last time I lost to a FBW, at 20 m using cqc primary, that 1 more stk makes all the difference, can recall plenty of times losing to a .45 at that range and plenty of times I did that to an enemy. Identical ttk and less random inaccuracy, kind of like pocket joker carbine.

Shredding OCAs at 20+ m with carbine is nothing to write home about, not sure what's your point. Also Oscar > any smg.

my point is if your losing in smg range to a .45 when using cj3 oca its cuz u suck

OCA with cj3

8nJY26F.png

iYZKFn5.png

and since the .45 is semi-auto you have to click at the max rof to achieve that .8 ttk

Edited by MonkaS

32 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

my point is if your losing in smg range to a .45 when using cj3 oca its cuz u suck

OCA with cj3

and since the .45 is semi-auto you have to click at the max rof to achieve that .8 ttk

OCA

1e88ed1eebbded97422e5df2ebbf5558.png

ffc31ca359e836046567819868fc6d56.png

Your constant reminder that if all you look at is TTK, you're actually bad at the game and have no business talking strategy.

• Thanks 1