Ritual

04/19 Maintenance Announcement

4 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

SPCT arent mouthpiece of the community, not at all, they have never been.

Which is ultimately the problem, as LO listens to them over us (when they do listen at all). In other words, LO listens to a tiny clique circlejerk that was chosen by the old administration. You know, the administration that drove itself into collapse and systematically destroyed this game. Surely, listening exclusively to them won't end poorly.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Which is ultimately the problem, as LO listens to them over us (when they do listen at all). In other words, LO listens to a tiny clique circlejerk that was chosen by the old administration. You know, the administration that drove itself into collapse and systematically destroyed this game. Surely, listening exclusively to them won't end poorly.

Idk what that statement even means.  Everyone in SPCT was freshly picked by LO and maybe one person out of the group of 10( i think they left though?) was previously SPCT.  Previous balance attempts were garbage but we're trying to fix that (which is part of where the STAR/FAR changes come in, but those weren't picked by SPCT).

The biggest issue with SPCT atm is probably the rift between EU and NA players since neither regions play the same or have the same views on weapons.  There's a fair bit of infighting between us in NA and those in EU on changes.  This isn't a bad thing at all but it means some changes will be more EU persuaded while others more NA.  We got really lucky LO is giving us some time to actually do some minor changes here and there considering how stale things have been.

Also helps to be in the discord as your thoughts are more likely to be seen and talked about.

6 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Also helps to be in the discord as your thoughts are more likely to be seen and talked about.

You mean the invite only Discord? Yea, we'll get right on that.

10 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

The littleorbit discord ya dingus.  Its public to everyone, has been for a few years now.  There isn't some super special super secret SPCT discord, everything is ran out of the public LO discord.

Edited by SkittyM
Needed to finish my bacon bits.
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

The littleorbit discord ya dingus.  Its public to everyone, has been for a few years now.  There isn't some super special super secret SPCT discord, everything is ran out of the public LO discord.

Whatever, you have just confirming what I wrote a while ago and what people in forum are telling about these last years, aka changes are take it by a  bunch of people with no idea of what they are doing.

it's pointless talking and reading here about some whatever schedule, progress or whatever plan  if there isnt a feedback with the players and they are ignored.

At this point, Tell to Little orbit discord save his 2 cents and delete the f*cking forum, "the uselfulness and reason of it has been there it isnt a super secret", we are already conscious about it, ran the speech at the public LO discord there too, for how it's managed or  whatever they may call it, in friendship go take the p*ss out of somebody else ahahha neither egyptian or singapore roads reach this level of open lameness 

😂

7 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Please avoid these 50/50 suggestions good to nothing at the end, I am not telling they are completely bad but it's just so only half assests, incomplete and pro.. I can imagine the spam with other post like yours and the confusion (gentle asking then you or others make whatever you want)

Waiting @Noob_Guardian if still active summon himself and spit "the weapon balance community fan patch suggestion" big part selfmade by him but also with all the added change logic suggestion discussed during the ages by the community resulted with huge praise and standing ovation at that time.... ofc prontly ignored from devs and SPCT team despite the claims by the community and I bet the same results about being ignored for happening it again..

Nothing new about it ofc 😂 

Hehe i still think they havent bothered with it because it's a lost cause. Yeah, it was self made, but it did take some in part from other suggestions even if I did alter them somewhat in some ways. It did receive some praise, but I remember a LOT of hate from the "upper golds" regarding it.

I will say that I have no issues with the current buffs/changes in this patch. STAR is more CQC now along with the FAR, and can jump shoot better from the sounds of it (haven't tested in game), giving them an edge against the NTEC in cqc where they should have it.

The .45 nerf if its now 30/35m range is fine i think. It makes sense and due to 5 hit KO and low TTK, would be almost impossible to balance appropriately without modifying mag size AND damage (and possibly range) to fit it into a more define niche. Changing the range seems like the best bet to allow it to remain in cqc-early mid, while letting the ACT and RSA have the longer ranges and not changing it's current 5 shot and ttk capabilities.

As for the epiphrene, TBH I thought it removed like 60-80% life not 25% so I'm surprised as all hell that they changed it to -40% from -20. I swear I remember getting 1 shot by a scout while using it before, or maybe i'm just forgetful/stupid. xD

Also, That thread i'm like 90% sure is lost in whatever hell they left it when they did all the forum upgrades. I couldn't find it even if I wanted to. It's why it's no longer linked in my profile "signature" below. It's officially "gone", and I didn't save it anywhere to be able to replicate it. I remember it taking hours to make though. I probably could compile another list if i wanted to. Though the main focus would probably be buffing/reworking less used armas guns, than touching the normal ones like the star/far/ntec/hvrs/etc.

(I've just been busy with college again, and very little time outside of it and work to play games. Been on others mostly when I am, but I do keep a tab on forums)

Edited by Noob_Guardian

34 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

As for the epiphrene, TBH I thought it removed like 60-80% life not 25% so I'm surprised as all hell that they changed it to -40% from -20. I swear I remember getting 1 shot by a scout while using it before, or maybe i'm just forgetful/stupid. xD

Probably because originally it damaged you for 80% of your current health, causing you to be 1-tappable by basically any gun in the game.

EDIT: That being said, the speed boost was also significantly higher as well, so it was worth it. High risk, high reward, with room for improving skill of usage.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Nah, i felt that way after 64 bit dropped until i remembered.  It was originally a 50% reduction of current health, got reduced to 25%(i think, DB wont let me look atm.) which turned out to be a huge mistake, so it went back up but not all the way as a sort of compromise since the original 50% was a tad much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Inviting you to the super secret, totally not public LO discord server!

https://discord.gg/littleorbit

(Please no one except Hexerin click this link!!!)

Ya'll forgot to make the weapon changes. They're all still using the existing values.

2 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Nah, i felt that way after 64 bit dropped until i remembered.  It was originally a 50% reduction of current health, got reduced to 25%(i think, DB wont let me look atm.) which turned out to be a huge mistake, so it went back up but not all the way as a sort of compromise since the original 50% was a tad much.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Probably because originally it damaged you for 80% of your current health, causing you to be 1-tappable by basically any gun in the game.

EDIT: That being said, the speed boost was also significantly higher as well, so it was worth it. High risk, high reward, with room for improving skill of usage.

That makes so much sense, I didnt realize it got reworked a few times. Though tbh the 80% never stopped me form spamming the "F" out of it to begin with. Also makes sense as to why i was like, odd, i thought i moved faster with this before... after getting on after a long break!

15 hours ago, BlatMan said:

RFP-9: Revert back to about the date 2019-02-15.

Remove the equip time penalty from Mobility Sling mod. 3 Point Sling does not have a downside, neither should Mobility Sling.

+

15 hours ago, BlatMan said:

And the obvious one, revert the Colby .45 changes made this patch.

absolutely -. its not right when 80-90+% of all players (especially not new/experienced ones) play same mod/car/gun/whatever (vegas 4x4, ntec, .45). That means game isnt balanced. .45 is the best secondary and it still is even with 35 m range. Most guns r supposed to be good at ceratin range: short, medium, long. U have act44 which is good at long but bad at closer ranges. U have fbw which is a reverse. And then u have .45 which is god-like at close-medium ranges and can even poke at long. U should make it bad either at close or at medium ranges. Since we have fbw and fr0g that r great at closer ranges id personally nerf .45 at closer distances and buff at meduim, making it a decent choice for smgs/shotguns players.

And no, if u want to have a verstaile secondary (for idk, osmaw/opgl players????) then u need to nefr .45's both close and medium fighting capabilities

14 hours ago, SkittyM said:

The biggest issue with SPCT atm is probably the rift between EU and NA players since neither regions play the same or have the same views on weapons.  There's a fair bit of infighting between us in NA and those in EU on changes.  This isn't a bad thing at all but it means some changes will be more EU persuaded while others more NA.  We got really lucky LO is giving us some time to actually do some

EU has better players, so it makes sense for the weapon balancing input should be left to them tbh

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2023 at 3:05 PM, CookiePuss said:

Suggestions are always welcome.

nerf infinite nade cancelling pls. if im not mistaken, that doesn't work this way irl. if u pull out a nade, u either throw it or it will explode in ur hands

I can consistently car glitch. Not sure if you fixed it to begin with.

7 hours ago, BlatMan said:

I can consistently car glitch. Not sure if you fixed it to begin with.

I mean...

On 4/19/2023 at 9:07 PM, Hexerin said:

Ya'll forgot to make the weapon changes. They're all still using the existing values.

Wouldn't be surprised if they forgot to push the car glitch mitigation either.

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they forgot to push the car glitch mitigation either.

If you didn't spend that much time on the forums talking nonsense you'd probably be better at telling if the changes made it into the game or not. They all made it into the game and its extremely apparent on the STAR for example.

1 hour ago, Frosi said:

If you didn't spend that much time on the forums talking nonsense you'd probably be better at telling if the changes made it into the game or not. They all made it into the game and its extremely apparent on the STAR for example.

And no one it going to use the star when it has worse ttk, marksmans mode accuracy, and bloom recovery, compared to the N-TEC variants, including the Ursus.

5 hours ago, Frosi said:

Except it isn't, as anyone who has tested both the STAR and LCR ingame (as I have, both before and after the patch) can tell you. Their jump accuracy remains unchanged, and on top of that, this is beyond easy to tell because both have different accuracy while jumping (LCR is more accurate, as expected). According to the patch notes, both should have the same accuracy, and the STAR especially should be a third tighter than it currently is.

If you're going to try and hit me with a "gotcha", you might want to make sure you have anything to stand on. Sit the fuck down.

Edited by Hexerin

46 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Except it isn't, as anyone who has tested both the STAR and LCR ingame (as I have, both before and after the patch) can tell you. Their jump accuracy remains unchanged, and on top of that, this is beyond easy to tell because both have different accuracy while jumping (LCR is more accurate, as expected). According to the patch notes, both should have the same accuracy, and the STAR especially should be a third tighter than it currently is.

If you're going to try and hit me with a "gotcha", you might want to make sure you have anything to stand on. Sit the fuck down.

But you are wrong :- /

mans out here bloggin without knowing his facts, not a good look man :- | 

51 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Their jump accuracy remains unchanged, and on top of that, this is beyond easy to tell because both have different accuracy while jumping (LCR is more accurate, as expected). According to the patch notes, both should have the same accuracy, and the STAR especially should be a third tighter than it currently is.

That's not how modifiers work, it's one value that plays into a bunch of other values, for example Base Accuracy x Marksman Modifier x Jump Accuracy. Here's a comparison image I managed to grab from before the patch went live, as well as a video made by Secrets to show off the difference. These are all done with a stock STAR and the change would be even more apparent if the STAR was equipped with Hunting Sight 3 as that makes the Marksman modifier much better.

4061fe375a99ae232343db7a3698f585.png

2 minutes ago, Frosi said:

That's not how modifiers work, it's one value that plays into a bunch of other values, for example Base Accuracy x Marksman Modifier x Jump Accuracy. Here's a comparison image I managed to grab from before the patch went live, as well as a video made by Secrets to show off the difference. These are all done with a stock STAR and the change would be even more apparent if the STAR was equipped with Hunting Sight 3 as that makes the Marksman modifier much better.

4061fe375a99ae232343db7a3698f585.png

🚨WEEWOO🚨WEEWOO🚨🚨❌WRONG POLICE❌👮❌COMING TO GET YOU HEXERIN❌👮❌🚨 

wn0gFFt.png

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

i admire the confidence bro

you wrong as hell, but the confidence is nice

afff5e633d69572c25a16b46b1f3fb1a.gif

Taken from your own video evidence, showing there is no change. Fuck off with the gaslighting.