Ritual

04/19 Maintenance Announcement

Hello, everyone!

Our standard weekly maintenance for PC and Console will also occur this Wednesday (04/19) at 9 AM (UTC). It is expected to last between 4 and 6 hours due to more extensive patching for PC. Check out the supplementary patch notes below! 

Thank you for being patient during this period. 

See you in the game!

GENERAL CHANGES:

We are saying goodbye to the Easter Bunny. We will conclude the Easter Event and revert districts to their normal state.

POTENTIAL BUG FIX:

Implemented an experimental change that should hopefully fix a bug where players occasionally appear in strange positions after exiting cars.

BALANCE CHANGES:

• We moderately decreased the effective and max falloff range of the Colby .45 AP.
  • We adjusted the STAR's jump modifier from 30 to 10. This adjustment should improve the players' experience while running and gunning with the weapon.
  • We adjusted the STAR LCR's jump modifier from 13 to 10, keeping in line with the STAR it is based on.
  • The FAR's jump modifier has been adjusted from 30 to 20. The adjustment places it between the NTEC's and the STAR's.
  • Mikro and Vaquero (Enforcer / Criminal Compact) car's top speed has been adjusted slightly: from 19.5 to 20.5.
  • Mikro's reverse speed has been adjusted from 13 to 15, making it equal to the Vaquero's.
  • Epinephrine Injection: Damage taken: 25% -> 40%.

KNOWN ISSUES:

• The achievement "Kind of a Big Deal" does not increment if you are already threat level gold and if your character existed after your account achieved the threat level gold.
  • Stalls can occur upon entering the Clothing Kiosk with "NEW!" items.
  • In bomb missions, bombs will hit 0 but not count as "exploded" if the player who planted them is removed during a mission.
  • The Colby .45 is missing about 5m from its min damage range. This will be corrected in the future.

P.S: The thread has been cross-posted from Game Updates for convenience.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Ritual said:

We moderately decreased the effective and max falloff range of the Colby .45 AP.

damn

1 hour ago, Ritual said:

We moderately decreased the effective and max falloff range of the Colby .45 AP.

They're not gonna like this one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ritual said:

Nice. This change doesn't affect the gun's intended usage, only trims the overtuned bit. Good change.

We adjusted the STAR's jump modifier from 30 to 10. This adjustment should improve the players' experience while running and gunning with the weapon.

The STAR didn't really need buffs, but I'll happily take them anyways. It'll be interesting to see what kind of shenanigans can be achieved with this new jump modifier.

We adjusted the STAR LCR's jump modifier from 13 to 10, keeping in line with the STAR it is based on.

This isn't the buff that the LCR needs to make the gun usable. The base accuracy needs to be massively improved, it fails to hit its target within its intended range far too much.

The FAR's jump modifier has been adjusted from 30 to 20. The adjustment places it between the NTEC's and the STAR's.

FAR needs much more than that to be usable again after those heavy handed nerfs you gave it years ago.

Mikro and Vaquero (Enforcer / Criminal Compact) car's top speed has been adjusted slightly: from 19.5 to 20.5.

Mikro's reverse speed has been adjusted from 13 to 15, making it equal to the Vaquero's.

I wonder if this will fix the Vaquero's broken gear shift...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

FAR needs much more than that to be usable again after those heavy handed nerfs you gave it years ago.

Hahahaha

Mouse 1 laser with no recoil and no bloom and negligibly lower range than ntec

Literally unusable

Edited by swindIe
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I wonder if this will fix the Vaquero's broken gear shift...

If you're talking the gear lethargic-ness, that should be fixed in the next patch that happens.

3 hours ago, Ritual said:

ofc they will start shtin on the only weapon without sht on

3 hours ago, Ritual said:

The achievement...

the biggest issue the fkn game have right now..

dats why told u we r goin nowhere with this guys anyway peace out

4 hours ago, Ritual said:

Mikro and Vaquero (Enforcer / Criminal Compact) car's top speed has been adjusted slightly: from 19.5 to 20.5.

Mikro's reverse speed has been adjusted from 13 to 15, making it equal to the Vaquero's.

wow, thats some good balance changes! wd love to see more!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ritual said:

Colby .45 AP.

How Dare U, n ya already wrecked the far now u gonna nerf more and take the 45.

Astonishing how much we gotta go thru. HOw do expect to make any money nerfing all the guns

Screw it, I wont use guns then, n I gonna make WAR n gonna scream, run things over.

Some Hax uses a gun n U Answer is to nerf the gun not the hacker.

I'm getting tired of your little pop guns anyway, n I'm fitting to Riot

11 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

How Dare U, n ya already wrecked the far now u gonna nerf more and take the 45.

Astonishing how much we gotta go thru. HOw do expect to make any money nerfing all the guns

Screw it, I wont use guns then, n I gonna make WAR n gonna scream, run things over.

Some Hax uses a gun n U Answer is to nerf the gun not the hacker.

I'm getting tired of your little pop guns anyway, n I'm fitting to Riot

you can’t use the 45 good enough for this nerf to affect you anyway

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Nerfing the .45 doesn't fix balance. This weapon will still have faster TTK and less bloom than the FBW. It will be more accurate than the majority of close range secondary weapons.

Decreasing the jump multiplier on the Star and Far won't fix the balance issue with them. They take too long to recover from bloom and have lower overdamage, compared to the N-TEC.

6 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

so what will be the new range of the .45?

35M and 45M, according to the APB:DB update. Still makes it better than the FBW 99% of the time, although having only a 10M difference between min and max damage is stupid. It makes the damage change too rapidly during combat. If I were doing weapon balance the minimum range between min and max would be 20M, that way weapons don't go from useful to useless in a few seconds of running.
https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Pistol_Colby45AP

Edited by BlatMan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

so what will be the new range of the .45?

* Dropoff Range 40m -> 35m
* Effective Range 65m -> 50m

(Effective Range may be 45m, waiting for clarification)

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

although having only a 10M difference between min and max damage is stupid

laughs in nssw

Edited by glaciers

Colby .45:

FAR: * Jump Modifier 30 -> 20

STAR: * Jump Modifier 30 -> 10

STAR LCR: * Jump Modifier 13 -> 10

Mikro: * Max Topspeed 19.5 -> 20.5

* Max ReverseSpeed 13 -> 15 (mirrors Vaquero's current value)

Vaquero: * Max Topspeed 19.5 -> 20.5

Epi: * Damage taken: 25% -> 40%

* Updated the Russian translation to reflect the current value

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ritual said:

Ah yes, continue please. you are on the right track. continue listening to silvers that have 0 clue how to play the game. they are just mad they are getting minted from 30-50m with AP.
where's EAC? i guess we don't need it with the rampant cheating, i guess we just need to nerf AP so cheaters can do less 5-shot minting. 
*Nerf AP* 
*Meanwhile JG and PMG are untouched, CSG is still as garbage as ever too* this seems fine 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, glaciers said:

you can’t use the 45 good enough for this nerf to affect you anyway

OK you're right, I'll be cool then.

Considering the numbers Superchaffee has posted. 

I like to pot shot people at range, its the only pistol you can use close up

and still be used at med range in a pinch. I know I can't kill em at Long range.

So with the numbers shown, I should still be able to hit them and cause damage

at the medium range. I'm well aware that its not the gun for long range engagement

1 hour ago, SuperChaffee said:

Colby .45:

FAR: * Jump Modifier 30 -> 20

STAR: * Jump Modifier 30 -> 10

STAR LCR: * Jump Modifier 13 -> 10

Mikro: * Max Topspeed 19.5 -> 20.5

* Max ReverseSpeed 13 -> 15 (mirrors Vaquero's current value)

Vaquero: * Max Topspeed 19.5 -> 20.5

Epi: * Damage taken: 25% -> 40%

* Updated the Russian translation to reflect the current value

Thanks for the numbers

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

OK you're right, I'll be cool then.

Considering the numbers Superchaffee has posted. 

I like to pot shot people at range, its the only pistol you can use close up

and still be used at med range in a pinch. I know I can't kill em at Long range.

So with the numbers shown, I should still be able to hit them and cause damage

at the medium range. I'm well aware that its not the gun for long range engagement

Thanks for the numbers

Np 🙂

Semi automatic . Full automatic . Single shot . Accurate hipfire . Inaccurate hipfire . Accurate ads . Inaccurate ads . Close effective range . Medium effective range . Long effective range .

Yall game got too many damn gun that do the same thing or too similar cuz yall aint know how to properly monetize dem game . That yall never ending problem with belencing the guns Imo .

3 hours ago, glaciers said:

laughs in nssw

Corsair says "What about me?"

LN9 says "Hold my beer, watch this"

Edited by BlatMan

6 hours ago, SkittyM said:

If you're talking the gear lethargic-ness, that should be fixed in the next patch that happens.

I wouldn't call it "lethargic", although I could see other gear shifting issues affecting many of the vehicles in the game being called that. Happens constantly with my Pioneer, makes me feel like the vehicle is starting to slow down. Tends to fix itself once I pass through a gas station, for whatever reason. Can also be fixed by simply coming to a complete stop, or by taking a hard turn (>90 degrees, ideally with handbrake). Obviously, none of these are ideal workarounds, and it's nice to hear a fix for this is potentially coming.

The specific issue I'm referring to, is where the Vaquero literally stalls out before its final gear shift. You know this is happening, because simply hitting nitro will cause it to upshift into its final gear after a moment. This happens consistently, but requires you to travel a decently long distance without full turns (the soft bend of the highway's total length on Financial works for testing, if you're curious). It's extremely noticeable when it happens, because the sound the engine starts making is just wrong to the ears.

Thankfully, the engine sounds (from gear shifts, nitro kitting, etc) are all entirely cosmetic, so this issue has no effect on the vehicles actual mechanical performance. However, it definitely has a highly noticeable effect on the perceived performance of the vehicle. I always feel like the thing is moving so slow when this issue happens.

EDIT: Also, a note. This Vaquero issue is not new, it's fucking ancient. Like, 5+ years old at least. Long before G1/RG went on maint mode before selling the game to LO.

Edited by Hexerin

11 hours ago, Ritual said:

Hello, everyone!

Our standard weekly maintenance for PC and Console will also occur this Wednesday (04/19) at 9 AM (UTC). It is expected to last between 4 and 6 hours due to more extensive patching for PC. Check out the supplementary patch notes below! 

Thank you for being patient during this period. 

See you in the game!

GENERAL CHANGES:

We are saying goodbye to the Easter Bunny. We will conclude the Easter Event and revert districts to their normal state.

BALANCE CHANGES:

• We moderately decreased the effective and max falloff range of the Colby .45 AP.
  • We adjusted the STAR's jump modifier from 30 to 10. This adjustment should improve the players' experience while running and gunning with the weapon.
  • We adjusted the STAR LCR's jump modifier from 13 to 10, keeping in line with the STAR it is based on.
  • The FAR's jump modifier has been adjusted from 30 to 20. The adjustment places it between the NTEC's and the STAR's.
  • Mikro and Vaquero (Enforcer / Criminal Compact) car's top speed has been adjusted slightly: from 19.5 to 20.5.
  • Mikro's reverse speed has been adjusted from 13 to 15, making it equal to the Vaquero's.

KNOWN ISSUES:

• The achievement "Kind of a Big Deal" does not increment if you are already threat level gold and if your character existed after your account achieved the threat level gold.
  • Stalls can occur upon entering the Clothing Kiosk with "NEW!" items.
  • In bomb missions, bombs will hit 0 but not count as "exploded" if the player who planted them is removed during a mission.

P.S: The thread has been cross-posted from Game Updates for convenience.

maybe instead of worrying about balance you should finish making apb. fix the stuff than balance.

• Like 1