The Volunteer <GM> tag poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Community GMs wear a red <GM> tag as actual Little Orbit staff does?

• Yes, because those are trusted GMs choosen by the company after a probationary period.
    • No, because we couldn't know the difference between actual Little Orbit staff and the players choosen as GMs.

I think a lot of stuff has been said in the recently closed post about the GMs program and I'd like to bring this now:

The community GMs will be basically players, regardless their ingame stats and performance they are players like us who wants the better for the game and the other players (I believe so) and the idea of bringing or enforcing more ingame moderation should be a definitive solution for a lot of things that makes many players feel uncomfortable often. Either it is because you don't like cheaters or you don't like to be harassed with hackusations, or be it because of a player de-threating or ruining your mission on purpose or simply because you are lost in a higher threat district than your current threat level so in that case someone could assist you to find a more appropriate district instance or something like that.

As many things here are changing, this GMs thing is something that will also evolve (hopefully), and will keep dynamically changing along time to improve, and these players will be around here too, listening and bringing their concerns every day as everyone does, and all of this will be under the direction of Lixil and LO management whose will be always there as they already demonstrated and they are very accessible if you need to reach them.

I would like to know, what would you kindly request from a GM regarding ingame moderation and what are your positive expectations or any constructive opinions you may have about this?

I hope this thread is welcomed since I also want to take my chance to humbly bring a few things for any Community GM, TGM or GM, based on a few issues I've been facing or have seen others do over the years playing this game:

• Players behavior ingame, many issues can be avoided with a kind word of warning from a GM.

• It would be great to be able to poke a GM ingame any time we need, even if we get a reply like that he is actually busy or that he is unable to address a particular concern or something is a million times better than feeling there are no GMs, since we will know someone eventually will take care of these things we can't handle ourselves as players. 

• Oh and events, hope to see some crazy announcements in the ingame broadcast where they'd invite us to move to a specific district to meet with the GMs and have some fun there with them and their tricks.  🙂

A little wall of text there so sorry for TL:DR ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(And please refrain from off-topic/shit posting, I'd be requesting to clean up the thread if needed, so don't say you didn't read the small print. : P )

EDIT 1:

Right after posting this thread I've read in another thread a comment where someone asked Lixil about the red <GM> tag and it seems she stated all the GMs will have the same tag, that also implies that it shouldn't be necessary to have different tags because only Lixil and a few staff members from Little Orbit will have ban powers, and they are easy to spot.  I'll still leave the poll open to see what people think about despite we know now how its going to be.

EDIT 2: 

Removed the suggestion for GMs Tags, although I want to clarify the tags would be for GMs on duty and no the players. Shortened the suggestions I made at the end of the post.

EDIT 3:

I forgot to mention also that it was said by Matt that Tiggs's GMs will remain, which means we weren't lacking of GMs during this transition and experimented GMs are already in the team and perhaps ready to introduce and train the TGMs if needed too.

Edited by Salvick

Eh....they have been here for like 1-2 weeks i think ..... {different people gets selected at different time}.....

Also 

Question

Why do we need to know the difference between a NORMAL GM N PLAYER GM? Since both have the same power and im pretty sure the PLAYER GM has had more experience with the game than LO staff GMs

49 minutes ago, Salvick said:

On another aspect of this thread, I wonder also what about their tags? Does Lixil already thought of it? Will they also wear a red <GM> tag? Isn't too much for just a regular player no matter how experienced he is? I'm okay with the red tag as it would mean that it is a 100% approved GM who made it through the probationary stages, but also this would make it impossible to sort out actual LO Staff from the community GMs.

Lixil responded to PM {since its against rules to post exact PM with admins / support}

She said that{something similar to} ,

TGMs are trial game mods who could become GMs {red tag} once they pass the tests n stuffs.

Also GMs nor TGMs doesnt have the power to BAN, only Lixil and support can !

Edited by Thelnformer

12 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

Eh....they have been here for like 1-2 weeks i think ..... {different people gets selected at different time}.....

Also 

Question

Why do we need to know the difference between a NORMAL GM N PLAYER GM? Since both have the same power and im pretty sure the PLAYER GM has had more experience with the game than LO staff GMs

Well, right after posting this thread I saw what you said about Lixil answer where she stated that every GM will have the same tag. This changes some aspects of my thread but I'll leave it as it is and see what other players think about.

To answer your question and after seeing this clarification you brought from Lixil in the other thread there's no need to differentiating them since only Lixil and a few staff will have real power to ban a player and they should be very easy to spot, so I'll edit the main post to clarify this.

Also, from another thread to answer this here since its related with this topic:

8 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

Lets not derail the thread with other stuff, i wasnt talking about having TGM tag... I was asking why do we need to differentiate between LO Staff GMs and Player GMs who have passed the GM test, since both will have the same player....

TGMs once passed their tests gets promoted to GM, why do we need to segregate them into PLAYER GM n STAFF GM [after the promotion]

I agree, indeed I voted they should wear the red tag, but I really think there should be a few considerations when assigning the same tag as the company staff, impersonating company staff on support matters is one of them, and right in the opposite sense a player could confuse actual company staff with regular players idk.

That's why I brought it as a suggestion with a poll, because I'm really interested to know what do you and anyone else thinks, and discussing this here on forums opens the debate to a wider diversity of opinions.

1 minute ago, professionalgamer said:

cringe clickbait post

Have you read it? I'd like to know what do you expect from the GMs and any other thoughts you have about it, that's what this is about.

I'm open to consider changing the tittle if you suggest something, wasn't trying to do a click bait but trying to make it attractive. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Salvick said:

I agree, indeed I voted they should wear the red tag, but I really think there should be a few considerations when assigning the same tag as the company staff, impersonating company staff on support matters is one of them, and right in the opposite sense a player could confuse actual company staff with regular players idk.

True...It might be a problem but then again, we can hope that no player of those kind will ever get to be TGM or pass GM test. I think support staff might have DEV tag [there used to be DEV tag in this game].Well Lixil is Lixil n everyone knows her name.

Lets just agree to disagree n hope no TGM turns out to be a BAD SEED ! Lets see where this leads us, maybe this might turn out to be good...maybe not, but as of now i trust Lixil n her ability to weedout the bad seeds !

Given how the community, and it's bad parts will target these poeple in future as they did in the past, GM's should be kina invisible.

A System where someone being a GM can kidna reply with an additional command making his writing appear under a GM tagged different username, so that his palyeraccount and GM name stay different. This allows them to stay incognito with their main characters and act as GM's.

Alos, lets talk abotu Gm stalking, in the past adding a GM into friendlist was possible but removed, if now regular players are GM's will they be stalkable again this way? We really need a 2way frend request system.

3 hours ago, professionalgamer said:

cringe clickbait post

2 hours ago, professionalgamer said:

cringe is real

lol fix cringe!

• Like 1

No, I don't think there should be titles, I can see some player GMs becoming very entitled with this, when in practice they're supposed to be there just to help.
The other thing is that it may make it more difficult for those player GMs to actually find cheaters or scammers when they're a known GM.

They were carefully chosen by LO. So yeah they should be fully GMs.

I can only imagine that this question was born from the fear that you gonna be oversighted by players you might beaten?

19 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

Given how the community, and it's bad parts will target these poeple in future as they did in the past, GM's should be kina invisible.

A System where someone being a GM can kidna reply with an additional command making his writing appear under a GM tagged different username, so that his palyeraccount and GM name stay different. This allows them to stay incognito with their main characters and act as GM's.

Alos, lets talk abotu Gm stalking, in the past adding a GM into friendlist was possible but removed, if now regular players are GM's will they be stalkable again this way? We really need a 2way frend request system.

Yeah, the suggestion was for the tag they'd wear when they are on-duty / incognito, that's how its gonna work so I was wondering if they'll be using the same GM tag as any GM and for 2-way communication, I beg for that as I said in the main post, totally.

19 hours ago, N66 said:

No, I don't think there should be titles, I can see some player GMs becoming very entitled with this, when in practice they're supposed to be there just to help.
The other thing is that it may make it more difficult for those player GMs to actually find cheaters or scammers when they're a known GM.

I agree, they'll be using the tag on an alternative account anyways, and Lixil said they'll wont be allowed to reveal their private ingame identity, also is true that it is harder to caught a cheater when they are toggling off their cheats because of the admins, but also, since chasing cheaters will not their only function, sometimes the visible presence of an admin in a game makes people behave properly in every aspect.

16 hours ago, Mitne said:

They were carefully chosen by LO. So yeah they should be fully GMs.

I can only imagine that this question was born from the fear that you gonna be oversighted by players you might beaten?

I brought this question because I'm aiming to create more empathy with the upcoming community GMs, we will not know who they are but it could be any player around, and looking at the positive side of this, it means that when we express our concerns and suggestions to the GMs will do it being confident that they'll listen from the perspective of a player instead of having some staff that is indeed disconnected from the game and the community as it used to happen some times.

Many of us should remember the times before online gaming became massive, we used to play in private servers where the admins where also players and I think we'll agree players used to be very respectful with the admins and if someone was pushing the limits on every opportunity an admin kindly warned a player we saw how they just behave better. That's why I brought all this.

Also, I edited the main post removing the second question of the poll and shortened a bit some text because Lixil already said her GMs will have the same tag once they are promoted and the thread is intended to exchange our thoughts and ideas than suggesting anything.

Edited by Salvick
Fixed some broken sentences.

i give it 3 weeks before everyone knows who the GMs are lol

6 minutes ago, Salvick said:

I agree, they'll be using the tag on an alternative account anyways, and Lixil said they'll wont be allowed to reveal their private ingame identity, also is true that it is harder to caught a cheater when they are toggling off their cheats because of the admins, but also, since chasing cheaters will not their only function, sometimes the visible presence of an admin in a game makes people behave properly in every aspect.

Nobody will know if an admin is around unless the GM speaks in chat , also they can go invisible , teleport around and teleport players [G1 GMs could do that].... Also yes, visible presence of an ADMIN will make most players behave better in every aspect.

I brought this question because I'm aiming to create more empathy with the upcoming community GMs, we will not know who they are but it could be any of us, and looking at the positive side of this, it means we express our concerns and suggestions to the GMs being confident that they'll listen the same way we do as players, instead of having some staff that is indeed disconnected from the game and the community as it used to happen some times.

This would be great idea, the player can express their concerns to player GMs and these GMs could then talk with CM or LO Staff and hopefully get it fixed or solved because obviously these GMs will have direct connection to Staff than the rest of us !

Many of us should remember the times before online gaming became massive, we used to play in private servers where the admins where also players and I think we'll agree players used to be very respectful with the admins and if someone was pushing the limits on every opportunity an admin kindly warned a player we saw how they just behave better. That's why I brought all this.

This is APBR community we are talking about, looking back at the OLD SPCM [which i was part of] , most of SPCM abused their powers. I simply hope that the same thing doesnt happen again here.

4 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

Nobody will know if an admin is around unless the GM speaks in chat , also they can go invisible , teleport around and teleport players [G1 GMs could do that].... Also yes, visible presence of an ADMIN will make most players behave better in every aspect.

This would be great idea, the player can express their concerns to player GMs and these GMs could then talk with CM or LO Staff and hopefully get it fixed or solved because obviously these GMs will have direct connection to Staff than the rest of us !

This is APBR community we are talking about, looking back at the OLD SPCM [which i was part of] , most of SPCM abused their powers. I simply hope that the same thing doesnt happen again here.

if they join a full district it ignores the player limit to let them in, easiest way to see imo

unfortunately we can’t always keep districts full

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i give it 3 weeks before everyone knows who the GMs are lol

Totally >.<  This is something I'm very intrigued to see, I really think of two possible scenarios, of course the first is about how well will a GM refrain from telling his closer friends about it, and the second is a bit more murky where I wonder if GMs could try to boicot another GM by spreading the voice of who they are if they find out, but that would be only if they pick any bad seeds which I really doubt Lixil will. 😉

2 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

I remember a former SPCT I hackusated and ignored after a rude exchange that then by-passed the ignore function to threaten me, lately he was spotted using triggerbots and even trying to defend the use of it and ofc he got removed from the program and banned. But sadly, because of a very few ones, most of the player base ended up disbelieving of all the SPCT/SPCM, at the same time most of them stopped being communicative and nice with the players which is imo justified since the regular bashing they were exposed to.

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

if they join a full district it ignores the player limit to let them in, easiest way to see imo

unfortunately we can’t always keep districts full

Wouldnt it be that HARD for a post from Lixil saying that 

" Some players might get their characters locked when they exit districts and this will get the character locked in that particular district leading 41 players on a side instead of fixed 40 "

If there is an issue,there are 100 ways to solve it. Also i dont think people might be looking at district selection screen every 2mins !

5 minutes ago, Salvick said:

I remember a former SPCT I hackusated and ignored after a rude exchange that then by-passed the ignore function to threaten me, lately he was spotted using triggerbots and even trying to defend the use of it and ofc he got removed from the program and banned. But sadly, because of a very few ones, most of the player base ended up disbelieving of all the SPCT/SPCM, at the same time most of them stopped being communicative and nice with the players which is imo justified since the regular bashing they were exposed to.

I cant say anything about SPCT as i was part of SPCT only for 2 days... I joined SPCT and i made a fight with  an old forum mod [Ringman], the bloody sucker forum banned me. At the time i could do anything as i tried to help the game n i got false buttr***d by a random forum mod. I contacted support n they said they will look into it, i waited a few days and then made another forum account n forgot about SPCT... when i checked back again, i was unbanned but removed from SPCT !

Edited by Thelnformer

4 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

Ah yes, the Willow font/colour. Is there a reason you arent using the normal coloured txt? It is annoying to read txts of different colours when the rest is just one. 

Edited by killerskull

2 minutes ago, killerskull said:

Ah yes, the Willow font/colour. Is there a reason you arent using the normal coloured txt? It is annoying to read txts of different colours when the rest is just one. 

I like purple.If you wish to get replied in another color/normal color, please shoot me a PM.

Some people like using gifs, i like using colors 🙂

I hope im not annoying you ❤️ 

5 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

Wouldnt it be that HARD for a post from Lixil saying that 

" Some players might get their characters locked when they exit districts and this will get the character locked in that particular district leading 41 players on a side instead of fixed 40 "

If there is an issue,there are 100 ways to solve it. Also i dont think people might be looking at district selection screen every 2mins !

I cant say anything about SPCT as i was part of SPCT only for 2 days... I joined SPCT and i made a fight with  an old forum mod [Ringman], the bloody sucker forum banned me. At the time i could do anything as i tried to help the game n i got false buttr***d by a random forum mod. 

Trust me, cheaters will, they do everything they can to avoid the admins, because they can by-pass an automatic system but a human spectator is totally different. Specially the closet ones and those of them who lasted long enough, these players really develop an intricate and complex skill to hide their cheats, and I'm pretty sure they could be just super good at the game without cheating if they'd put that huge effort on attempting to master the game instead of cheat. lol

4 minutes ago, killerskull said:

Thanks for asking him that. 😛

2 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

I like purple.If you wish to get replied in another color/normal color, please shoot me a PM.

Some people like using gifs, i like using colors 🙂

I hope im not annoying you ❤️ 

be aware that not using the default font color can make your posts hard to read on mobile and/or other forum themes

As long as those communities GM's have absolutely no power whatsoever, I'd say that I don't care about them. 

12 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

be aware that not using the default font color can make your posts hard to read on mobile and/or other forum themes

Screenshot_20180628_193317.png

It doesn't seem to be hard to read on Mobile! Even on the violet background it seems to be fine ! Also please, lets move on with the TOPIC rather than talking it about me 🙂 [If anybody is wondering, NO I AM NOT Will0w]. The only thing that annoys a mobile reader is pics or gifs , that will stretch beyond the sides and makes it hard to scroll !

Edited by Thelnformer

13 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Thanks for asking him that. 😛

I...I did? Oh no, Im not prepared enough. Why are you thanking me. :classic_ohmy:

16 minutes ago, killerskull said:

I...I did? Oh no, Im not prepared enough. Why are you thanking me. :classic_ohmy:

I mean, I'm okay with colored fonts, despite it indeed is a bit annoying to me but not biggie, so I was wondering the same when you asked him. >_<

I mean... You can just ask a GM if they are a volunteer or not.

GG EZ