29 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

Maxpayne used a system in which there was automatic server transfer. It would automatically put all the cheaters on the same server as well as the suspects. But if you think APB is bad for cheating, GTAO and RDO are 1000 times worse. Cheaters have completely taken over and control the servers. If you report them, you automatically get kicked and they get your IP address. People have been targeted outside of the game for reporting them. Cheaters have the ability to kick you from the game, not to mention god mode, fly around the server. Rockstar wont do a thing.

With APB, a cheater server would be obvious. If they group with other people they'll notice they're not in the same server, and if they have any knowledge on networking they'll notice they're being sent to a different server, even if the phasing feature appears seamless. I doubt LO have the funding to host more server instances.

I don't think APB's cheating problem is that bad, it's that the low hanging fruit is touching the ground and LO ignore it.

At least APB controls most things server sided. GTAO from what I understand it's mostly client sided. Same issue with PUBG. Players can fly blown up boats and loot from range.

On 4/13/2023 at 9:53 AM, Ch1ck said:

LOL at several people in this thread casually confessing to cheating / using cheats previously.

On the more serious note:

Why isn't there a system where, if a player receives a dozen of reports from a dozen of different players in a span of 30-60 minutes or whatever, they get temporarily banned from matchmaking / missions / game / whatever, and GMs get notified to take a look at the case and act upon it.

I support this idea!!!

On 4/13/2023 at 5:11 PM, BlatMan said:

I don't think APB's cheating problem is that bad

Then you are blind. Whether by ignorance of what to look for, or by intentional choice.

15 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Then you are blind. Whether by ignorance of what to look for, or by intentional choice.

Must be a social owner. If he joins fightclub in the weekends there is a big chance Name snipped ~@mayii plays. A guy that got banned 40000 times. Out of revenge he cheats on alt accounts blatantly and doesn't get banned for a month or three. 

Lidl orbit doesn't seem to care much. Shit man can't even play fight club these days.

Edited by Amayii

10 hours ago, Gateron said:

Must be a social owner. If he joins fightclub in the weekends there is a big chance Name snipped ~@mayii plays. A guy that got banned 40000 times. Out of revenge he cheats on alt accounts blatantly and doesn't get banned for a month or three. 

Lidl orbit doesn't seem to care much. Shit man can't even play fight club these days.

little orbit cares just enough to fart out one or two updates a year to satiste the few people that think these ten year old games got a chance.

I don't have many games to compare to, so maybe my perception is skewed. PUBG and Dayz are far worse, Rust is unplayable on official servers. HL2 has sniper bots every match, but at least you can vote kick them.

But, I'm also not silver, and haven't been since they changed the threat icons. I probably spend more time focusing on the mission that playing detective.

Fightclub is a mess though. Seems to attract the majority of the cheaters.

The cheater problem for APB always was and will be so hot problem. I hope EasyAnticheat will com soon and change situation for the better.