mynd

What happened today? APB more unplayable than usual.

Today APB has had exceptionally bad performance over the usual.  More random disconnects and a lot of in-game stuttering/warping even though there's no reported packet loss via /fps.  It's definitely been affecting everyone I've played with and talked with.

Some users seem more affected than others.

Theory: I've noticed the game saying I'm afk even when I'm actively engaged and playing in a mission and eventually I get disconnected.  Could there be some new bug with the away + kicked for server inactivity systems?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mynd said:

Today APB has had exceptionally bad performance over the usual.  More random disconnects and a lot of in-game stuttering/warping even though there's no reported packet loss via /fps.  It's definitely been affecting everyone I've played with and talked with.

Theory: I've noticed the game saying I'm afk even when I'm actively engaged and playing in a mission and eventually I get disconnected.  Could there be some new bug with the away + kicked for server inactivity systems?

Man... if only LO staff had commented on this.

Of course, to find out we'd need a search function on the forums.

You know what, nevermind, good thread.

There's been a recent ddos attack so my assumption now is that the servers are on mitigation so that would explain the disconnections, However the AFK bug that's also been reported happening may be a source error code due to the patch recently implemented so I'm sure LO are working hard to resolve the issue.

Edited by ɱɑƫƫʂϗᎧɨɨ™

The lagg i can handle i mean its nothing im not used to. it's being DC'd several times per evening that's getting annoying.

its all these chars with boob slider on max taking up server space 

200w.webp

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Man... if only LO staff had commented on this.

Of course, to find out we'd need a search function on the forums.

You know what, nevermind, good thread.

Instead of being a putz you could drop a link if so.  I certainly didn't see anything about it.

#anotherqualitycookiepusspost

1 minute ago, mynd said:

Instead of being a putz you could drop a link if so.  I certainly didn't see anything about it.

if you dont live on the forums you dont deserve respect tbh

24 minutes ago, mynd said:

Being a putz is my god given right tyvm. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Being a putz is my god given right tyvm. 

schmuck

ya it's been affecting my keyboard as well it disables itself out of the blue then the game starts to stutter, especially in face-to-face combat but when i alt-tab out the keyboard runs fine

Edited by K3i

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Shmegegge

say again?

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

say again?

Shlump? Shmendrick? Shlepper?

Edited by CookiePuss

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Shlump? Shmendrick? Shlepper?

shmendrick shmamar

dr shlepper

leave @OROD out of this

In future please make sure to post in the correct section which is "Bugs and Tech issues". If you were to post there, you would have noticed similar topics.

Moving it there.

4 hours ago, ɱɑƫƫʂϗᎧɨɨ™ said:

There's been a recent ddos attack so my assumption now is that the servers are on mitigation so that would explain the disconnections, However the AFK bug that's also been reported happening may be a source error code due to the patch recently implemented so I'm sure LO are working hard to resolve the issue.

^ this people need to understand when a mass disconnect happens for servers or when districts start going down its the beginning of a DDOS attack. and if you are rubber banding and jumping out from cover its DDOS related unless specifically told otherwise on the forums about the recent disruption to servers

3 hours ago, Lixil said:

In future please make sure to post in the correct section which is "Bugs and Tech issues". If you were to post there, you would have noticed similar topics.

Moving it there.

I wasn't looking to make a bug report, I was commenting on the status of the servers and wondering why it feels so unplayable right now.  In fact, the possible bug was just an afterthought to my original statement.

I'm glad I got nothing but useless responses all around for my concern, but hey, thanks for the suggestion on how I should have made a bug report.

Edited by mynd

3 hours ago, mynd said:

I wasn't looking to make a bug report, I was commenting on the status of the servers and wondering why it feels so unplayable right now.  In fact, the possible bug was just an afterthought to my original statement.

I'm glad I got nothing but useless responses all around for my concern, but hey, thanks for the suggestion on how I should have made a bug report.

tons of threads already about DDoS mitigation, and server lag.

Well.... let's look at what you posted in your OP.

19 hours ago, mynd said:

Looks like something about an AFK bug? Oh... hold on, you weren't intending to make a report. However, bringing this up in Bugs and Tech Issues would certainly help you find information regarding... bugs and technical issues...?

Lookie there...

4 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

Looks like something about an AFK bug? Oh... hold on, you weren't intending to make a report. However, bringing this up in Bugs and Tech Issues would certainly help you find information regarding... bugs and technical issues...?

Lookie there...

The additional problems were unique to Thursday, and that was just an after thought.  I didn't care to make a bug report, wasn't my main concern. Nice job white-knighting, I can see that even under new management the forums are still the same; half the time you get useful responses, the other half are the same toxic garbage.

/close thread please.