Modernism

can we have asia server on jericho?

ive seen many asian players are back to apb recently since engine upgrade but its hard to play because afternoon~night time in asia/oceania is early morning in NA 

we dont want many asia servers. we just only want 1 asia server on jericho (fin or wf) then im sure it can be full dist in afternoon~night in asia/oceania time. 

please consider this for asia/oceania players. 

• Like 1

At peak hours Jericho has 200 players.

There's more debate to shut down Jericho than to keep it and you would want even seperate asian server to segregate population even more and gain empty servers?

If there's nobody on Jericho (or Citadel) at hours you play then it means less people play from your region than from other regions. Simple conclusion.

5 hours ago, Mitne said:

At peak hours Jericho has 200 players.

There's more debate to shut down Jericho than to keep it and you would want even seperate asian server to segregate population even more and gain empty servers?

If there's nobody on Jericho (or Citadel) at hours you play then it means less people play from your region than from other regions. Simple conclusion.

the problem is that asian/oceanian players dont play if east server got pop (they get like over 200ms) so pop is dead at hours i play and ive seen that there are around 50~60 asian/oceanians players play at hours i play when west server got pop.

so if they can get better ping then there are potentially more than 50~60 would play at hours i play and if there is at least 1 asia server then can bring more pop on jericho server.

it will definitely help the pop for jericho server.

2 hours ago, Modernism said:

the problem is that asian/oceanian players dont play if east server got pop (they get like over 200ms) so pop is dead at hours i play and ive seen that there are around 50~60 asian/oceanians players play at hours i play when west server got pop. so if they can get better ping then there are potentially more than 50~60 would play at hours i play and if there is at least 1 asia server then can bring more pop on jericho server. it will definitely help the pop for jericho server.

The more logical course of action then would be to shut down the East servers and have Jericho only run the West ones. It wouldn't make any sense for LO to add Asia servers to Jericho.

13 hours ago, Modernism said:

ive seen many asian players

See, the Cookie Jar is only so big.

If they let Asian/Pac put their cookie in the Jar, 

then everywhere else will want to put their cookie in too.

Think of all of the Brazilians, then we'll have to let the Australians/NZ have a server, 

the South Africans, ect.  

50 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Think of all of the Brazilians, then we'll have to let the Australians/NZ have a server, 

the South Africans, ect.  

You threatening me with a good time?

2 hours ago, BlatMan said:

good time?

No. This is a Virtual Cookie Jar in a Virtual Aunt Bea Kitchen, not the 'Ships Barrel' 

on a Naval Vessel. Where any sailor can just drop his cookies! 

8 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

the South Africans, ect.  

Brazilians can actually play EU and NA both servers with decent ping so i dont think they have big problem to play.

4 hours ago, Modernism said:

Brazilians can actually play EU and NA both servers with decent ping so i dont think they have big problem to play.

Just curious what is considered “decent ping” for BR to NA and BR to EU. Cuz I playNA to  EU at 120ms and I hate it.

On 4/9/2023 at 11:24 AM, Modernism said:

ive seen many asian players are back to apb recently since engine upgrade but its hard to play because afternoon~night time in asia/oceania is early morning in NA 

we dont want many asia servers. we just only want 1 asia server on jericho (fin or wf) then im sure it can be full dist in afternoon~night in asia/oceania time. 

please consider this for asia/oceania players. 

full with asian players?

I haven't seen more than 10 asian gamers..

Merged.

On 4/10/2023 at 9:35 AM, Modernism said:

90% of south american players can't play EU.

I have 230ms there and 160ms in NA  (almost unplayable even with 160ms).

Merged.

On 4/9/2023 at 8:53 PM, Hexerin said:

The more logical course of action then would be to shut down the East servers and have Jericho only run the West ones. It wouldn't make any sense for LO to add Asia servers to Jericho.

why would you shutdown East servers? There are almost more Brazilian players than USA players right now, and Brazilians don't play West.

20 hours ago, Modernism said:

at least 1 asia server

Well the asians should have their own server like they did before, to let them play with low ping.

But attaching a 'special sub server to NA, or simply naming a server instance for Asia, 

example putting " Asia/West' 

Well then they will have to put one for the BR, one for the African, one for us Gringos.

I have the same issue with playing East with 80ms when it is 7-10 ms West.

19 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

No. This is a Virtual Cookie Jar in a Virtual Aunt Bea Kitchen, not the 'Ships Barrel' 

on a Naval Vessel. Where any sailor can just drop his cookies! 

Three gamers, a South American, Australian, and North American, are hanging out on the same server. A GM jumps in chat and grants them each one thing they really want in game.

The South American asks if he and all his South American friends could have their own local server. POOF! All of the South Americans are now on their own server in Brazil.

The Australian gets excited and asks for their own local server as well. BOOM! All the Australians get phased to a server in Sydney.

The GM /w's the North American and asks what they would like. The NA asks the GM, "Did you really migrate all the South Americans and Australians to their own servers?" The GM sends them a smiley and says "Yes." So the North American says "Well in that case, can I have a 'Thumper'?"

• Like 1

Kinda too late now as Asia/Oceania player base has perish long ago and probably old players have forgotten about this game, Han used to have 700 population hosted in china, during the early days of the game, shortly G1 moved it to California which killed it off. 

Also they don’t even have any language support for the Asia player base. 

I have probably seen all the Asia/ Oceania a group of players from Vietnam, China (need vpn to play), japan, Thailand, Singaporean and Korea. Only a small proportion has came back prob won’t stay a while.

Edited by Deadliest

On 4/10/2023 at 6:34 AM, Uhtdred said:

why would you shutdown East servers? There are almost more Brazilian players than USA players right now, and Brazilians don't play West.

Maybe you should read the person's post that I quoted.

On 4/9/2023 at 2:53 PM, Hexerin said:

no 🙂 colby died. keep east close west.

Florida is probably the best location while the population is low. It would give the lowest ping difference between NA and SA players.

On 4/12/2023 at 10:03 PM, BlatMan said:

Florida is probably the best location while the population is low. It would give the lowest ping difference between NA and SA players.

nah server needs to be moved back to new york

On 4/12/2023 at 7:03 PM, BlatMan said:

Even better Puerto Rico is a US territory which should have better connection for SA and NA. And for the Asian side a server like in Hawaii would be great for Australia New Zealand Asian countries also close for US West and South America West.